What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I just want to thank everyone for all the tips and recommendations about upgrading and also that sometimes it's better to just pay the difference. Today NCL had a fall sale with extra OBC. I was able to upgrade my spa mini-suite (M9) to the Haven (H9) and get $600 OBC. With the extra perks I got from my original booking it was basically a wash from what I was willing to bid as an upgrade and now I can surprise DH with our first NCL Haven experience!

We had our upgraded bid accepted from a balcony to a suite just 2 days ago, and today I paid the gratuities for the 2 of us. The original amount was $270 for a balcony, instead of the regular $310 for a suite. I asked NCL about the amount (didn't believe TA), and they said that was the correct amount, but it had to be paid through our TA, and before we boarded. Cruise was booked in March, before the April 1st increase.

Which ship are you cruising on ?

NCL Gem Oct. 21-31 out of NY round trip to Quebec City.

Thanks, enjoy the trip.

I have 2 trips booked out of NOLA. I don't think anything good will become of the first booking. Maybe the 2nd one in Dec. ? I have these bids in for both right now.

Notice where NCL has started offering OBC to get some of these cruises filled ?

I just upgraded from obstructed ov to mini suite through the bidding system. My hubby wonders if they would offer another two category upgrade or is there only one opportunity to upgrade?

Thank you

Karen

You can log in and see if it offers it to you, but based on past reports, one upgrade per customer (so to speak).

Checking in again. Now all the haven show sold out or not avail (not available ones our guests exceed limit). I checked to see what rooms were left and our category )large balcony has been sold out for ages. I see upgrades from my sailing group coming from room types where there were still open rooms... thinking this has much more to do with it and not something I'd thought about.

So- has anyone in a b6 gotten an upgrade accepted?

Checking in again. Now all the haven show sold out or not avail (not available ones our guests exceed limit). I checked to see what rooms were left and our category )large balcony has been sold out for ages. I see upgrades from my sailing group coming from room types where there were still open rooms... thinking this has much more to do with it and not something I'd thought about.

So- has anyone in a b6 gotten an upgrade accepted?

What sailing are you on?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks, enjoy the trip.

I have 2 trips booked out of NOLA. I don't think anything good will become of the first booking. Maybe the 2nd one in Dec. ? I have these bids in for both right now.

Notice where NCL has started offering OBC to get some of these cruises filled ?

I have this same cruise booked for Sept. next year...for $3200 ocean view. I might cancel and wait for price changes, and take my chances on upgrade.

NCL Gem Oct. 21-31 out of NY round trip to Quebec City.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

I have this same cruise booked for Sept. next year...for $3200 ocean view. I might cancel and wait for price changes, and take my chances on upgrade....

Why cancel a cruise a year out? Just watch for price changes. If you can not get the new price, then cancel (assuming you are outside the normal cancel dates)

If you cancel today, and the prices go up, you can NEVER get the original price back.

Why cancel a cruise a year out? Just watch for price changes. If you can not get the new price, then cancel (assuming you are outside the normal cancel dates)

If you cancel today, and the prices go up, you can NEVER get the original price back.

Yes, I might wait, but at that price I would like a balcony...lol. Also, after this hurricane season I'm not sure I want to go anywhere in September. I live in Louisiana and this past month was just scary!!!

Yes, I might wait, but at that price I would like a balcony...lol. Also, after this hurricane season I'm not sure I want to go anywhere in September. I live in Louisiana and this past month was just scary!!!

For $3,200 you should st the very least be able to get a Spa Balcony or Mini-Suite. Paying that much for an Oceanview is just silly.

We sail on the 6th and the sailing is booked and no longer available for viewing. Do you think there's still a chance I get upgraded?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A chance? Yes.

Probable? Nope. Not to me anyways.

I know of at least one person that did get an upgrade on your/our cruise earlier this week. Since it appeared there were no balcony or mini suites available at all last week, there were not many rooms to offer. And, all suites above the 2BR (SC) were taken, so none of those folks moved up. I think there were 4-6 SCs a week or two ago, so some did move up.

Only thing now is if somebody cancels.

A chance? Yes.

Probable? Nope. Not to me anyways.

I know of at least one person that did get an upgrade on your/our cruise earlier this week. Since it appeared there were no balcony or mini suites available at all last week, there were not many rooms to offer. And, all suites above the 2BR (SC) were taken, so none of those folks moved up. I think there were 4-6 SCs a week or two ago, so some did move up.

Only thing now is if somebody cancels.

That's what I figured. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah- just got my upgrade! Sure enough, at 80 days out got my bid notice. Some of the minimum bids were ridiculous (you'd pay over what you could just get them for), and was sure that the SJ that I wanted was available (all were open). Put in a very low bid (under $250) for the Dec 15 Star, and was prepared to wait, figuring NCL would wait for higher bids before accepting mine. My son & his family also bid minimum (even less) and also got the family suite next to mine! they have never had the suite life, but we were spoiled on our last NCL TA (before this bidding thing started)! Only took 1 week!