What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I also did for my sailing. Did you check to see how many are still available? I went back and checked and all Aft and Forward Haven cabins are sold out. So I also bid on a H5.

Pretty much everything is sold out/not available but they did just email me again yesterday saying...lets get you upgraded so who knows. I dont really care either way...my bid was on the very low end. I got the cruise for an awesome price so Im happy either way and not willing to pay anymore then the "poor" bid. Whatever is meant to be will be. I currently have a balcony cabin with the bumped balcony.

On last cruise in Alaska on the Sun (10 day) I tried to upgrade from a porthole to a balcony. My offer was $135pp or $270. I was outbid and stayed in my porthole. I wanted a balcony but somebody wanted it more. Very happy I was outbid. Would not have received equal value for the cost. Sunrise was late and sunset was early. Spent much more time outside instead of inside.

Pretty much everything is sold out/not available but they did just email me again yesterday saying...lets get you upgraded so who knows. I dont really care either way...my bid was on the very low end. I got the cruise for an awesome price so Im happy either way and not willing to pay anymore then the "poor" bid. Whatever is meant to be will be. I currently have a balcony cabin with the bumped balcony.

Same here. I also got the cruise for an amazing price, I booked over 9 months ago. My bid barely moved the arrow, very low. If I get upgraded it would be a great anniversary surprise for my DH, if not I am content were I am. GL

Same here. I also got the cruise for an amazing price, I booked over 9 months ago. My bid barely moved the arrow, very low. If I get upgraded it would be a great anniversary surprise for my DH, if not I am content were I am. GL

That is why i put in for the upgrade also....Saturday is my 15 yr wedding anniversary and we are travelling with our children....thought the privacy might be appreciated by my dh :cool: ....see if we get "lucky" hahahaha

Sorry if this has already been asked. I have concussion syndrome too much reading sets off horrific headaches.......Not lazy

Anyway I am 62 days out and have not placed a bid yet. Does their minimum bids ever come down closer to the cruise?TIA

Sorry if this has already been asked. I have concussion syndrome too much reading sets off horrific headaches.......Not lazy

Anyway I am 62 days out and have not placed a bid yet. Does their minimum bids ever come down closer to the cruise?TIA

We got our offer about 71/2 weeks out. We are 11 days until the cruise and haven’t heard if our bid got accepted or declined.

ETA oh sorry, I see now you were talking about the bid going down not the initial offer.

We got our offer about 71/2 weeks out. We are 11 days until the cruise and haven’t heard if our bid got accepted or declined.

ETA oh sorry, I see now you were talking about the bid going down not the initial offer.

Good to know that the answers can come early:) thanks!

The lowest price I have seen to bid on a Haven Suite is $400.00 per person:)

And this means??? - nothing. you have no clue what they paid to begin with. It's the total cost that matters. But when it's separated, NCL has hit a jackpot in marketing, and revenue. :)

Have seen in other posts that the minimum bid does go down. Not on mine. But were low to begin with. October 27th is not a prime date so I bet anything they get is gravy. Plus with all the storms, are keeping people from doing a late booking. Hoping for one but who knows.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Good luck to everybody who has bids on the 14 day Transatlantic on the Getaway leaving this weekend! Checked earlier and there are still rooms available!

Thanks! I haven't heard of ANY Haven upgrades yet for this sailing, only balcony and mini suite so far.

I'm starting to wonder, now 6 days out, if maybe they're not going to fill those empty Haven cabins? Seems like a huge loss of revenue, but maybe she's sailing with a reduced staff since it's a repo? I dunno, but I'm starting to lose hope!

WoooHooo! We just got our bid accepted for our Dec.1, 2017 Star - Panama cruise. We went from an obstructed view 8th deck to a mid-ship mini suite on Deck 11. We bid $145ea. It was a poor offer, so didn't expect to get it. I am surprised to get it this early. How fitting it happened on Canadian Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for.

Thanks! I haven't heard of ANY Haven upgrades yet for this sailing, only balcony and mini suite so far.

I'm starting to wonder, now 6 days out, if maybe they're not going to fill those empty Haven cabins? Seems like a huge loss of revenue, but maybe she's sailing with a reduced staff since it's a repo? I dunno, but I'm starting to lose hope!

Keep us updated, this is an interesting thought!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WoooHooo! We just got our bid accepted for our Dec.1, 2017 Star - Panama cruise. We went from an obstructed view 8th deck to a mid-ship mini suite on Deck 11. We bid $145ea. It was a poor offer, so didn't expect to get it. I am surprised to get it this early. How fitting it happened on Canadian Thanksgiving. We have a lot to be thankful for.

Thanks for posting. It's exciting to get the upgrade. Happy you were successful!

There were 11 available haven cabins yesterday morning on my sailing. By afternoon they all showed sold out. No “processing” message, no credit card charges, no email. So I’m thinking no joy for me. I hope someone out there got one! Getaway transatlantic 10/15

There were 11 available haven cabins yesterday morning on my sailing. By afternoon they all showed sold out. No “processing” message, no credit card charges, no email. So I’m thinking no joy for me. I hope someone out there got one! Getaway transatlantic 10/15

Sorry. :( I am doing the same thing you were, checking how many Haven cabins are still available. My sailing has 14 but I am not hopeful as my bid is very low.

Sorry. :( I am doing the same thing you were, checking how many Haven cabins are still available. My sailing has 14 but I am not hopeful as my bid is very low.

I bid in the fair range for four different categories. Felt like I had a decent shot! I’m holding out a sliver of hope thinking maybe they pulled the inventory yesterday and are processing them today... but I’m not counting on it.

I bid in the fair range for four different categories. Felt like I had a decent shot! I’m holding out a sliver of hope thinking maybe they pulled the inventory yesterday and are processing them today... but I’m not counting on it.

Sending positive vibes, keep us updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks so much! I’ll be checking furiously throughout the day and will report back!

Just curious, was there much chatter on your roll call regarding bidding on upgrades? Hardly anyone on my roll call is discussing it, which I guess really doesn't mean too much.