What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Just curious, was there much chatter on your roll call regarding bidding on upgrades? Hardly anyone on my roll call is discussing it, which I guess really doesn't mean too much.

It’s a big roll call, like huge. And there were some discussions about bidding on upgrades. I remember about half a dozen people mentioning they were bidding on haven (lots more on balconies and mini suites, many of which were awarded weeks ago). So, I can only surmise lots of people were bidding on haven ship wide.

It’s a big roll call, like huge. And there were some discussions about bidding on upgrades. I remember about half a dozen people mentioning they were bidding on haven (lots more on balconies and mini suites, many of which were awarded weeks ago). So, I can only surmise lots of people were bidding on haven ship wide.

Thanks. The only discussion on my roll call was Inside to Balcony and they also were awarded last wk. Do I up my bid...hmmmm decisions decisions.

I bid in the fair range for four different categories. Felt like I had a decent shot! I’m holding out a sliver of hope thinking maybe they pulled the inventory yesterday and are processing them today... but I’m not counting on it.
Waiting for mine on a oct27 sailing. Lots of balcony and mini suite still available. TA thinks my bid is too high,lol. Crazy, as lots have reported low bids of 50/75 getting upgraded 40 days out from inside to balcony. 16 days out and bet I won't know till the last 48 hours. Didn't care BEFORE but now want it!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Waiting for mine on a oct27 sailing. Lots of balcony and mini suite still available. TA thinks my bid is too high,lol. Crazy, as lots have reported low bids of 50/75 getting upgraded 40 days out from inside to balcony. 16 days out and bet I won't know till the last 48 hours. Didn't care BEFORE but now want it!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I think you are right they are going to make us wait till the very last second. I feel like a little kid waiting for that one present on Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are right they are going to make us wait till the very last second. I feel like a little kid waiting for that one present on Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same, I just keep checking. I know I didn't bid very high so am not expecting a positive response, but just want to hear one way or the other. We have 4 weeks before sailing.

We sail on the Breakaway on Nov. 5th. We got our H5 bid accepted on the 4th. That being said it did not appear the H5s were moving as there were at least 8 or 9 showing as available from before bidding began.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Nice, what was you originally booked in and how much did you bid ?

I’m in an aft balcony and bid $500 pp for a Haven aft penthouse. It was the lowest bid and probably won’t be accepted, but I figured I’d try. Happy with our current room, but would be ecstatic to get the upgrade!

Good luck. We stayed in aft penthouse on breakaway a few years ago. Loved it. Only drawback is how far from the Haven proper it is. We didn't feel we took full advantage of it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Good luck. We stayed in aft penthouse on breakaway a few years ago. Loved it. Only drawback is how far from the Haven proper it is. We didn't feel we took full advantage of it.

If we get it, I will wear a hole in the carpet between our room and the Haven LOL! It will be wake up, Haven, room, port, Haven, room, sleep, repeat!

If we get it, I will wear a hole in the carpet between our room and the Haven LOL! It will be wake up, Haven, room, port, Haven, room, sleep, repeat!

Actually it is wake up to the butler delivering a nice hot breakfast to that incredible balcony with white linen service, then the rest.

It was the best wake call i have ever had on a vacation. Loved being in the Haven proper on our 2nd Breakaway and breakfast in the Haven restaurant is great, but not the same. Either way the Haven is great. Can't wait to be back in the Haven again. 24 days 20 hours but whose counting.😃

7f13cb9e984185fba148590d59300e47.jpg

Edited by keep on cruisin
Entered too soon.

Where are you all seeing how many rooms in each category are left?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to pretend book a room and it will give you a room number with option to pick another room you can then see how many there are available

Go to pretend book a room and it will give you a room number with option to pick another room you can then see how many there are available

Thanks. Looks like our chances of the H9 upgrade are slim to none - looks like only 1 room left.

Thanks. Looks like our chances of the H9 upgrade are slim to none - looks like only 1 room left.

My date all says "N/A"....I bid on H7. My offer is still pending...optimistic its not declined....not optimistic since it says "NA"...throwing it in the wind to the upgrade fairy....whatever will be...will be!!!

Actually it is wake up to the butler delivering a nice hot breakfast to that incredible balcony with white linen service, then the rest.

It was the best wake call i have ever had on a vacation. Loved being in the Haven proper on our 2nd Breakaway and breakfast in the Haven restaurant is great, but not the same. Either way the Haven is great. Can't wait to be back in the Haven again. 24 days 20 hours but whose counting.😃

7f13cb9e984185fba148590d59300e47.jpg

:hearteyes:

I always book a balcony, but they were "sold out" for the cruise I just booked, so I booked an Oceanview. First time ever booking an Oceanview. I booked it thinking, worse case I'll get an upgrade offer and I can get a balcony that way, since I swear by balconies.

Sure nuff... the email came yesterday just a few days after I booked and I put in an offer. First time I've ever taken the bait for the upgrade bidding system. I read somewhere that bidding at the FAIR level would likely secure me the room. I placed a bid at the very bottom of the fair range. Today, my cruise docs were emailed to me. After seeing my room, I'm thinking the Oceanview won't be too bad. It has an obstructed view, but its on the same deck as O'Sheehans and would be easy to get to. Like I said, I've never stayed in Oceanview before, so if my bid isn't accepted, at least I'll get to feel it out to see if its something I can live with.

I'm being open minded after having a not so good experience on my last cruise where I had a balcony on the 9th floor. I like to sleep with the sliding doors open so I can hear the waves crash against the boat. Its the best lullaby to me. Anywho, there was none of that. We went to central america through the Gulf. The water was still. No waves. It was always humid, so I kept the door closed 90% of the time. My future cruise is to the Southern Caribbean, so I'm thinking its going to be more of the same.

In regards to upgrades. It makes a difference as to which ship and port. The mega ships have vacant cabins to fill. Especially after the stormy season. Just saying it would be more informative to say which ship/port/date or something like that. When you have a successful bid to report.

$50-60 from inside to balcony on a smaller ship nearly full likely won't happen.

Dawn Repo Boston=PR Nov 3-12

Oceanview OA >> bid for Balcony and Mini >> both in the low/fair range.

I think I may have f*cked myself with a withering, invective-laced email to NCL customer service regarding lack of communication at three weeks out.

Oh well. There are other lines.