What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

VTG does not participate in the NCL Upgrade Program! You might want to ask your TA before booking your next cruise with them. If you are lucky enough to win a bid and move up, ask your TA if they can add some OBC to your cruise. Our TA did! Their commission increases with you are paying extra, for the original cruise booked through them.

It is still worth the call. I used them and did not receive any upgrade offer. I called them and asked if they could solicit one for me and they got me moved up to the next category cabin at no charge. 3 minute phone call or me and they called me back 30 mins later w the good news. NCL must feel they will have an easier time reselling my original cabin ??

We are 27 days out: I just upped by bid by $10 and have moved from poor to fair. Who knows? If I up it anymore by husband might kill me and that would mean I miss the cruise altogether. ;p

I did the same thing and ended up winning the H5 upgrade/upsell. My wife is very happy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Upped my bid by another $450/pp to get into fair for H6 upgrade. Still very unsure we will get it as H6 and H7 are sold out on our cruise. All others still available 60days out.

Not going any higher as I’m already passing up onboard credit of $600 and all 5 free**** HaHa! offers because I’m not booking the H6 outright.

You can't combine two rooms into one for upgrade purposes. You could book a cabin you like together now with both of you in it, before final payment, and then bid on an upgrade if they become available. But if you don't get the upgrade, you'd be sharing a cabin. Some of the rooms the main bed splits into two though, so it might work.

Also, I don't think studios get upgrade offers?

Thank you!

So why is it some get upgrade offers and some never do? What’s the trick?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you booked throught a TA, it is possible they do not participate. If you book directly with NCL or a participating TA you should see a message on your reservation on line that says "Let's get you upgraded" even if you don't get the email.

Upped my bid by another $450/pp to get into fair for H6 upgrade. Still very unsure we will get it as H6 and H7 are sold out on our cruise. All others still available 60days out.

Not going any higher as I’m already passing up onboard credit of $600 and all 5 free**** HaHa! offers because I’m not booking the H6 outright.

Not sure if it still applies, but when i upgraded to tge current rate if the forward penthouse, from a Mini-suite aftere final payment I was able to get the price difference for the first 2, but not get the rest of the promos. In my case it wasn't worth arguing as i did keep the 3rd in room free so that kept the difference close enough that it was still worth it. The original promotions stayed in play. I did still get the double points for Haven booking since it was not through the upsell department.

How far out and what range was the bid. Poor, fair or good. Many have said they were upgraded 40+ days out. And many went from inside to balcony with a poor range bid of 50 to 75.00. No rime or reason to how, when or price. You would think with almost 200 pages, a pattern would be somewhat apparent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I think there is a pattern. Big ships not full get upgraded. Small ships all but full, not likely. I have had a "GOOD" bid in for 60 days and so far nada. We sail this Saturday.

So why is it some get upgrade offers and some never do? What’s the trick?

no trick; if you didn't get an offer, like just mentioned you can go to your reservation and look under messages to you. Open and there will be one that says: let's talk upgrade or something like that. Or there should be. There is no trick to getting an offer and my guess, very few actually get the upgrade unless the ship is not full or you bid pretty high, I am still hoping to get ours in the next few days.

I can’t remember the timing of my last cruise upgrade email. Is there a time period when the emails go out, like 6 months prior to sailing or something?

If you are speaking about the 'offer' to upgrade that goes out 80 days before sailing.

12/09/17: Sail Date

09/20/17: Received Upgrade Bid Email

09/20/17: Bid – Poor Range

09/22/17: Updated Bid – Poor Range

10/04/17: Updated Bid – Fair Range

10/10/17: Bid Accepted

B1 (Aft Balcony) upgraded to H6 (Haven Aft Balcony)

I’d rather not disclose my actual bid, but it ended up being about $1,200 cheaper than booking it outright. I only bid on the H6 because we already had an aft balcony and I didn’t want to lose the aft position. I probably bid too much, but I really wanted to get the upgrade as my husband and I have had a rough year with family issues and I wanted to surprise him. He’ll be surprised 😊

Yes, "processing" usually means they are in the "process" of getting you upgraded![emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

That's exactly right and PENDING means nothing except you have offered bid. I didn't find out till 2 days before that I wasn't getting upgraded and I bid on 3 different rooms.

12/09/17: Sail Date

09/20/17: Received Upgrade Bid Email

09/20/17: Bid – Poor Range

09/22/17: Updated Bid – Poor Range

10/04/17: Updated Bid – Fair Range

10/10/17: Bid Accepted

B1 (Aft Balcony) upgraded to H6 (Haven Aft Balcony)

I’d rather not disclose my actual bid, but it ended up being about $1,200 cheaper than booking it outright. I only bid on the H6 because we already had an aft balcony and I didn’t want to lose the aft position. I probably bid too much, but I really wanted to get the upgrade as my husband and I have had a rough year with family issues and I wanted to surprise him. He’ll be surprised [emoji4]

Good deal. Lol, if you get upgrade fast you might of bid a little too much. But your happy and that's what matters the most. Plus now NCL can either resell your old cabin for more, or put it in the upgrade bin. Enjoy your cruise. 11 days out and still waiting.......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

thanks, that is very helpful.
You are welcomed ... I checked our status last night, still no change. Woke up this morning to log in & the pop-up banner is gone ;p - click on the email Upgrade link, bid for the slightly raised Mini-Suite "expired". Balcony offer - YAY - whew :D - now, in transition status instead. "Processing" status - that is almost 2 weeks behind our BIL/SIL's successful bidding offer from Inside to Balcony.

Our OV stateroom isn't as practical/appealing for NCL to resale and process for other bidding up, my theory, as it only sleeps 2 ... but a nice midship location. Actually, I lowered our offer slightly last week for the Balcony but higher by the same for the Mini-Suite ... seeing plenty of stateroom inventory for the Breakaway at 2+ weeks out, our offers in the middle of "Poor" scale, not the lowest minimum ("evil" strategy, LOL.)

For others considering their strategy, the amount & what we did might NOT work on your ship & sailing date - it's been fun, as our counter "offers" to NCL would be considered ridiculous by some ... still, more $$ to NCL. And, not everyone on the Roll Call has heard on their bidding success.

Screenshot of the "interim" status - should be "upgraded" by tomorrow with new stateroom assignment ... at 13 days out, woohoo !!!

441f9e21ae4cd90303263ba067a6c2ed.jpg

Edited by mking8288

You are welcomed ... I checked our status last night, still no change. Woke up this morning to log in & the pop-up banner is gone ;p - click on the email Upgrade link, bid for the slightly raised Mini-Suite "expired". Balcony offer - YAY - whew :D - now, in transition status instead. "Processing" status - that is almost 2 weeks behind our BIL/SIL's successful bidding offer from Inside to Balcony.

Our OV stateroom isn't as practical/appealing for NCL to resale and process for other bidding up, my theory, as it only sleeps 2 ... but a nice midship location. Actually, I lowered our offer slightly last week for the Balcony but higher by the same for the Mini-Suite ... seeing plenty of stateroom inventory for the Breakaway at 2+ weeks out, our offers in the middle of "Poor" scale, not the lowest minimum ("evil" strategy, LOL.)

For others considering their strategy, the amount & what we did might NOT work on your ship & sailing date - it's been fun, as our counter "offers" to NCL would be considered ridiculous by some ... still, more $$ to NCL. And, not everyone on the Roll Call has heard on their bidding success.

Screenshot of the "interim" status - should be "upgraded" by tomorrow with new stateroom assignment ... at 13 days out, woohoo !!!

441f9e21ae4cd90303263ba067a6c2ed.jpg

Congrats MKing. Have a great trip.

I leave this Friday 10/20 I have a mini suite I bid min amount $600pp for a 2 Bedroom. I just got it!!!

Yippie!!

Wow, congratulations! We put a poor range bid on an H6 for our cruise.I don’t expect we’ll get it, but you never know-at this point none in the H6 category have been sold.