What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Booked inside solo sail away rate of $399 leaving 11/5 on the Getaway. Just booked last week. Got an offer to bid on OV and Balcony. I bid the minimum of $50pp so $100 total and it was just accepted. Midship balcony on deck 9.

I didn’t, it was a typo. I meant $100 above minimum, which was still a deal! We ended up paying $1500 less per person than the going rate.

I was going to ask the same about how you bid the minimum. I put in a bid for the Haven Spa Suite with balcony Currently on line for $2999 in the low range. I currently have an angled balcony cabin.

I wondered why they did not give me the chance to bid on a regular spa balcony currently online for $1379 or a spa mini suite with balcony currently online for $1599. It shows both are available. These are quite a bit less in price then the Haven. Just seems odd that they would not have these open to bid on when they are available.

I was going to ask the same about how you bid the minimum. I put in a bid for the Haven Spa Suite with balcony Currently on line for $2999 in the low range. I currently have an angled balcony cabin.

I wondered why they did not give me the chance to bid on a regular spa balcony currently online for $1379 or a spa mini suite with balcony currently online for $1599. It shows both are available. These are quite a bit less in price then the Haven. Just seems odd that they would not have these open to bid on when they are available.

When we had our opportunity to bid, the only non-Haven offered to us was a regular mini-suite. I’m not sure why the regular spa or the spa mini wasn’t offered, since they are priced higher than our aft balcony.

We leave in two days on the Dawn. Just notified they did not accept either of our bids. We have a large window mid ship (OB). Bid 175pp for balcony, (was in the low Good range) and 250pp for mini suite (high Fair range). We also have another cruise booked and are platinum. Booked a year ago, so it is what it is.

Don't think I'll bid again. 80 days to find out is not in my personality.

We leave in two days on the Dawn. Just notified they did not accept either of our bids. We have a large window mid ship (OB). Bid 175pp for balcony, (was in the low Good range) and 250pp for mini suite (high Fair range). We also have another cruise booked and are platinum. Booked a year ago, so it is what it is.

Don't think I'll bid again. 80 days to find out is not in my personality.

I’m noticing more inside rooms are getting their bids accepted. I’m thinking that’s because they’re easier to move last-minute to cruisers wanting a deal than OV rooms. Same thing for balcony vs mini-suite - seems more balcony rooms get upgraded vs mini-Suites. Remember, this is all about increasing NCL’s revenue.

My upgrade request was just accepted today for the Escape 11/11 sailing!!! Went from OV B2 to a Balcony B2 Stateroom!!! SO EXCITED!!

Question - I've perused through the thread, but going through 109 pages is tough. Now that my new room has been assigned, what are the chances of requesting a different stateroom in the same category? The FAQ says that it cannot guarantee stateroom location, and is based on availability. However, there are 2 bump angled balconies I see in the B2 category that are currently available. What are the chances of changing my room to one of these? Either way, I'll be extremely happy to be in a Balcony stateroom as it'll be a great surprise for my wife!

My upgrade request was just accepted today for the Escape 11/11 sailing!!! Went from OV B2 to a Balcony B2 Stateroom!!! SO EXCITED!!

Question - I've perused through the thread, but going through 109 pages is tough. Now that my new room has been assigned, what are the chances of requesting a different stateroom in the same category? The FAQ says that it cannot guarantee stateroom location, and is based on availability. However, there are 2 bump angled balconies I see in the B2 category that are currently available. What are the chances of changing my room to one of these? Either way, I'll be extremely happy to be in a Balcony stateroom as it'll be a great surprise for my wife!

I would call them and see if they can move your room. It is worth a chance. Great news on the balcony...your wife will be so excited. Have fun!

well this is going to annoy a lot of people,, myself included.. a couple in my party called ncl trying to add another person to their party. they asked if they should bid for a larger cabin... person told them it couldn't hurt, but it still may be too late to add another person since sailaway is less than 2 weeks away. so they put in a 50$ pp bid for a mini suite from an ov..... they got an email 2 hours later 2 HOURS LATER!! that their bid was accepted.. true story. good for them.. stinks for the rest of us.. and they claim the bids go in a que..i don't think so.

More perplexing news: this couple mentioned above talked their friends into upgrading yesterday... they bid 50$ pp to upgrade from an OV to a mini=suite , and won the bid today,, one day later.... on deck 12.. first time cruisers on NCL as well. so it's very strange.. what's up w/ that ncl? both of these couples are in my party of 30, so i know this is fact. weird.

on that note, i decided to cancel once again and use that $$$ for 40% more bonus points on a popular airline instead. my balcony is fine!

Almost zero, but definitely zero if you don't pick up the phone and ask. Just don't expect positive results. Either way, you got a balcony for a great price!

Almost zero, but definitely zero if you don't pick up the phone and ask. Just don't expect positive results. Either way, you got a balcony for a great price!

Haha yes I picked up the phone, and you're right about zero chance, as I was told that I have to keep the room that's been assigned to me. Oh well, still a large Balcony room for a great price!!!