What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Yup. At got ours too. All denied. We are in a spa balcony and bud 1600-1800 per person for upgrades all denied. :( Happy with our booking and the process was fun with anticipation. See ya On The ship.

Wow! I don’t feel so bad mine were only $1,400 pp. 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup. At got ours too. All denied. We are in a spa balcony and bud 1600-1800 per person for upgrades all denied. :( Happy with our booking and the process was fun with anticipation. See ya On The ship.

Were those bids for H3 (OS) and H2 (DOS) cabins?

OMG OMG OMG

I just got the email that my bid for the April 7 transatlantic was accepted!!!!!!

We had booked an inside at about the cheapest rate offered and I have had bids in for a balcony and mini-suite for a couple months. I kept lowering them and raising them and changing my mind and changing it back. So in the last week I just kind of wondered if I kept changing the bids all the time if it would matter. (not sure if it did but still)

So I bid $310 ea from an inside to a balcony and got an excellent location. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!! I had bid up to $405 each a couple days ago and dropped it to like $275 yesterday and this morning to $310.

How much was your inside??? The $449 rate? Nice hearing action with this sailing. I'm watching to perhaps pick it up next week. :) Can't predict anything certainly.

My email Finally arrived! We were upgraded from inside to B6 large balcony! Our bid was at the bottom of the good range, $230.00/person. CAS wanted over $450.00/p to upgrade outright so this is definitely a win for us. :-)

Wow! That's an excellent upgrade. They could have put you in a regular balcony so very lucky you got the B6. We have been in those before on the Escape and really loved it. Have a great cruise:cool:

Got my bid for a mini-suite accepted yesterday for this Sunday's Star sailing. I had put in for $320 pp which puts it into the top edge of the strong category. I realize that is more than a lot of folks on here would pay, but its still substantially less than what it would have cost to book a mini originally so I'm still saving a good chunk of $. We had a hull balcony originally with 3 people. After I joined CC and started looking around there were lots of posts regarding issues with tall people (I am very tall) with the bathroom and overall tightness with 3 people. When you're tall inches do matter a lot for comfort. Luckily that particular stateroom has really nothing above it , so transmitted noise shouldn't be an issue. Now we'll have a full view balcony with extra room which all are looking forward to. I also had bids in a number of SC, SE, and SG suites ranging from $850 to 1050pp which ranged from bottom of fair to middle of good.

Interesting my daughter bid on the mini suite for this Sunday 4/1/18 Star sailing and did not get it. I thought it was supposed to go to the highest bidder? They were bidding from an outside, all I can think of is that NCL wanted your balcony? Looking forward to a great cruise.

How much was your inside??? The $449 rate? Nice hearing action with this sailing. I'm watching to perhaps pick it up next week. :) Can't predict anything certainly.

No I had to bid on an ID for $599 to get the group perks of UBP with gratuties paid and paid DSC! So technically I paid a $909 rate for a BB. I can't remember what the rate would have been if I had just booked BB in the beginning but I think it was a lot more.

We are already booked in a Haven spa suite for our cruise leaving tomorrow, and bid $1000 pp (low fair range) for an owners suite. We didn’t win, but I truly didn’t think we would given the ship is sold out and it’s Easter week.

We are already booked in a Haven spa suite for our cruise leaving tomorrow, and bid $1000 pp (low fair range) for an owners suite. We didn’t win, but I truly didn’t think we would given the ship is sold out and it’s Easter week.

We are in H7 and bid $1400 pp, good range for same suite. Didn't get it either.

Boy did we get spoiled last year - had a 'poor' bid accepted from Spa balcony to Haven Spa on the Breakaway. Going again next Sunday and yesterday had to bite the bullet and outright buy the 1 remaining Haven room left. What an adventure though... kept checking 2 days ago noticing they were showing only 1 room left and decided to wait till Monday to see if my bid would be accepted (better than poor this time). Last year got the upgrade notice 6 days before.

Well, we decided we REALLY wanted Haven again and wouldn't take the risk with only 1 room left. Called yesterday morning to upgrade. Rep verified 1 room left but then all of a sudden someone locked out that room and it wasn't available. She kept refreshing for over 15 minutes in case someone was doing a mock reservation but it never came back.

After 'congratulating' myself for all the money I was saving, I called back about an hour later. At the beginning of the call she showed no Haven available and kept refreshing... then all of a sudden after about 10 minutes the same room popped up as available and I grabbed it.

Moral of the story - be careful of what you bid for because once accepted you may never go back, lol. Who knows, maybe that's what NCL was trying to accomplish when they took my bid last year.

Boy did we get spoiled last year - had a 'poor' bid accepted from Spa balcony to Haven Spa on the Breakaway. Going again next Sunday and yesterday had to bite the bullet and outright buy the 1 remaining Haven room left. What an adventure though... kept checking 2 days ago noticing they were showing only 1 room left and decided to wait till Monday to see if my bid would be accepted (better than poor this time). Last year got the upgrade notice 6 days before.

Well, we decided we REALLY wanted Haven again and wouldn't take the risk with only 1 room left. Called yesterday morning to upgrade. Rep verified 1 room left but then all of a sudden someone locked out that room and it wasn't available. She kept refreshing for over 15 minutes in case someone was doing a mock reservation but it never came back.

After 'congratulating' myself for all the money I was saving, I called back about an hour later. At the beginning of the call she showed no Haven available and kept refreshing... then all of a sudden after about 10 minutes the same room popped up as available and I grabbed it.

Moral of the story - be careful of what you bid for because once accepted you may never go back, lol. Who knows, maybe that's what NCL was trying to accomplish when they took my bid last year.

I think you are spot on there! Some airlines do this bidding for upgrades too, with business class tickets. It's smart because it introduces customers to a product they may not ordinarily purchase, and for some of us, it's really hard to go back.

Wow, I actually hope you are right because we put in a bid for our upcoming cruise and really hope it will be accepted. It is frustrating that we are blindly bidding and have settled on an amount that we hope will be enough but is only in the low fair area so chances are likely slim.

I think you are spot on there! Some airlines do this bidding for upgrades too, with business class tickets. It's smart because it introduces customers to a product they may not ordinarily purchase, and for some of us, it's really hard to go back.

I definitely agree that it's really hard to go back!!

A few weeks ago, The Penthouse Suite was first offered to us as an an upgrade for $1000.00 PP

I counter offered $500.00 PP, and was told they don't negotiate.

A few days later NLC offered the same for $750.00 PP and I again counter offered $500.00. No Deal.

With a few days before our sailing, NCL offered the same Penthouse Suite for $500.00 PP

I told them to shove it. We are happy with the BA we booked months ago.:)

Shove it? lol :oDid they respond to that bold statement? A bit spiteful to in the end not take it for the amount you originally thought was fair,don't you think?

I would keep it all to myself as it's our business, not others'. By elaborating what you bid and getting the upgrades would vex the follow cruisers who paid full price for the same category cabins.

I would keep quiet.

Exactly