email from RCL today...30% off deluze beverage package and more

Tromler

So I got a email today from RCL that had a number of specials for internet (50% off) including one that said 30% off Deluxe Beverage...but when I log into my cruise planner, it says 30% off, but then when I click on it it says price reflects 20% discount....

guess I will be calling...

anyone else have this issue

So I got a email today from RCL that had a number of specials for internet (50% off) including one that said 30% off Deluxe Beverage...but when I log into my cruise planner, it says 30% off, but then when I click on it it says price reflects 20% discount....

guess I will be calling...

anyone else have this issue

Are you sure the banner does not say "up to 30% off"? That is what mine says but the price is only 20% off. I called and they said my sailing is only 20%

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

I think some of you are missing a very key word in the email **UPTO**. I thought the same thing and jumped online quick to cancel my previous orders, but then read the email again to make sure. The only items really discounted were the internet and the refreshment package...all the other deals were the same as they were before.

Edited by Steveanaruss
misspelling

I think you are missing what I am saying..the price online is only 20% off...it is NOT the 30% off...

and you are missing my point; don't go by % off because RCI is playing games with the prices so much you have no idea what price they are basing the % off from.;)

My wife booked a beverage package for herself today, (I had booked one a couple weeks ago for myself), even though the site said 20% the price was lower than what I had paid previously for our upcoming 9 day cruise,I paid $467.28 and she paid $403.56. I am thinking they just never updated the website to reflect to 30% since it is a "sale"

and you are missing my point; don't go by % off because RCI is playing games with the prices so much you have no idea what price they are basing the % off from.;)

No, as I know what the 20% price off was yesterday, which is what it was today....the same price....so using a static number for comparison does let me "have an idea" of price.

I get what you are saying...but I was simply stating that advertising 30% and showing 20% is not the same thing.....

Price at 20% off is 48 bucks yesterday and 20% off today is 48 bucks....then one would expect full price to be 48/.8=60

so 30% off would be 60*.7=42 bucks....not my first rodeo with RCL....

How far in advance is the full cruise planner available? We're booked for January of '18 and have bits and pieces open but are unable to access the beverage packages. Of course I'd like to catch a 30% discount but I don't want to check on it daily since we're so far out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I went on RC's site today and looked at the discount for the excursions. I had previously booked the Cococay water slide & Aqua Park for $37.00 per person. Now it shows a red banner across corner stating "up to 20% off". Now the price is $36.00 per person. Wow I thought a $1 discount thats it! Also the drink package says up to 30% then it shows that is is only a 20% discount for my cruise....its no cheaper since i originally booked it months ago. This all just seems misleading. It's a sale but not really a sale.:confused:

So, if I buy the drink package, am I still charged the gratuity every time I order a drink, or is the drink at no additional charge. ?

No additional gratuity is charged when you order a drink, as long as the drink is within the package limit.