Now We Need an Elevator Pass!

Lastdance

So the Classic Elevator package only works for one floor at a time and the Premium Elevator package will go up to 5 floors?

Actually, both type passes will go any number of floors.

However, once you reach your floor with the Classic package the doors will only open if you swipe your pass to have an additional charge added to your shipboard account.

Please remember the OP said they 'thought that they had heard everything'... which means, most likely, they cannot tell anyone but themselves, where they heard it and what was exactly said... voices in ones head, possibly?

No details on this from the OP, just the statement.

What help can be provided without detailed info on this finding?????

Smells of 'rumor mongering' to me....

bon voyage

Hey Bo, You didn't see his tongue firmly planted in his cheek?

You are right, I did not mean to go after people with mobility problems. However, I see so many people doing this, I doubt seriously if they all have mobility problems.

Well periodically my knee starts to hurt and I have difficulty walking. I never know when it will occur. I could take the stairs but I use the elevator to save my knee in case my knee decides to give out. You and I can't predict when it will occur. But when it does, I have to put on a brace for a few hours. So I suppose I'm one of those people you doubt seriously has a mobility problem.

True, but we still saw enough lazy pax who just did it as well. We saw some of these same pax on excursions & moving about quite freely, so there are some lazy ones out there. We like to use the stairs if it's less than 5 floors.

That is being rather judgmental. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, so I could do fine for several hours, but after too much exertion, I can be unable to climb up stairs. So, if we ever cruised together, you will probably be judging me because you'd see me out on some excursion but later on unable to climb one flight of stairs.

This thread was never meant to upset anyone with mobility issues and is just a poke of fun at the elevator pass issue that may or may not come to pass...so please, just add to this in a positive way; don't upset anyone like the posters above...and just keep it moving on the clever and comic elevator pass...be nice...have fun...and remember the Golden Rule!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I heard that folks in suites will soon be able to have their own private donkey that they (and ONLY they) can ride on up and down the stairs, should they prefer that to using their elevator passes.

Tweetylori,

I am so sorry to have to share this with you, but that is only when tendered in Santorini...however, the "Red Wagon" service is available as long as the wagon is available for your specific date and time. There is a small fee, along with a discount for seven days. It only travels the stairs due to the elevator being off limits. So, you can use your elevator pass or the Red Wagon; just not both at the same time!

I am sure that someone on this thread is going to disagree...but the bumps on the stairs are a real killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

I have it on good authority that a similar plan originated in a head honchos meeting for one of the major airlines, seeking newer and more creative means for generating revenue. Let's charge passengers for the distance they walk from the gate down the jetway onto the plane. Double that if they stop. But give a $2 refund if they carry only one shoebox-sized piece aboard. Fortunately, sanity prevailed and they agreed to merely continue their exorbitant charges for the air passengers actually breathed in and out. They tabled the motion to begin charging passengers retroactively who became ill with respiratory infections following one of their flights. But when a cruiseline exec heard about this, the creative juices started flowing, so to speak, and voila, elevator passes were added to their publicity brochures. After all, what better way to appeal to the well-heeled and confer greater status? You just never know what goes on in closed-door meetings, huh?

QShip - where did you grow up? My mother used to speak of having to raise one or two fingers, in the small school she attended in Wisconsin.

I can attest to this. Sheldon school , town of willow Springs, Lafayette county , wis.

Outdoor toilets particularly nice in winter.

Island Buoy - My mother remembers this back to the days her family lived in Purdy Valley, WI (outside Tomah). The schoolhouse & the family farm became a part of Camp McCoy bombing range

I've been reading this and keep checking the date to see if it was started on the 1st of April as a joke!

The world of cruising really has gone mad ....

Could they not issue a Photographers Pass which means they pass you by and leave you alone ?

Love the idea of the rope ladder ---- am just wondering if tender boats will become a thing of the past for us in standard cabins below a certain deck. They will issue us with a spare life jacket and ask us to swim ashore........

I've been reading this and keep checking the date to see if it was started on the 1st of April as a joke!

The world of cruising really has gone mad ....

Could they not issue a Photographers Pass which means they pass you by and leave you alone ?

Love the idea of the rope ladder ---- am just wondering if tender boats will become a thing of the past for us in standard cabins below a certain deck. They will issue us with a spare life jacket and ask us to swim ashore........

I have seen the herd mentality many times particularly with Chinese travelers. Groups of 4,5,6 for some reason they absolutely had to get on the same elevator at the same time. They viewed the elevators as they do their subways and swimming pools. No matter how crowded the elevator was they would all try to enter until someone says no way, Jose. They would then wait for another elevator. Couple of photos to illustrate my example:

IMG_0022.jpg.608ae3c42ef1b89ce63a858fb3f1baec.jpg

3AAE97E600000578-3963870-Long_queue_Pictures_show_the_sheer_number_of_passengers_trying_t-a-24_1.jpg.c910c84b0c33494067db1df36e2890e8.jpg