Vista to be featured on Mighty Cruise Ships season 2 premiere

adjjb12

I've enjoyed watching the Vista documentaries. I have them both recorded now. The episode of Dream Cruises that came on AWE, and the episode of Mighty Cruise Ships on the Smithsonian Channel. :)
You're the first to mention that these are two totally different shows. Did you prefer one over the other?

You're the first to mention that these are two totally different shows. Did you prefer one over the other?

I didn't see the one from last night because we don't have the channel but we did watch the one from youtube and didn't think that was much about the ship and more about the Mediterranean ports.We were disappointed

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I didn't see the one from last night because we don't have the channel but we did watch the one from youtube and didn't think that was much about the ship and more about the Mediterranean ports.We were disappointed

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I DVR'd the Dream Cruises episode from AWE on Saturday night and watched the first 15 minutes of it and it was all about the ship and nothing about the ports besides the mention of the southern itinerary that the ship was on. I am inferring that the episode on You Tube is the Mighty Cruise ships one that is on Smithsonian.

It's on several more times over the next few days. It IS on here us the U.S. as I watched it last night. It was the 7th cruise that the Vista took and it was a 10 Mediterranean cruise.

There are different ways to watch it

http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/ways-to-watch

This confirms that the Mighty Ships episode on the Smithsonian was filmed early on as part of a 10 day Mediterranean cruise, whereas the Dream cruises show on AWE was filmed later on once it had relocated to Miami and it was about an 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary.

This confirms that the Mighty Ships episode on the Smithsonian was filmed early on as part of a 10 day Mediterranean cruise, whereas the Dream cruises show on AWE was filmed later on once it had relocated to Miami and it was about an 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary.

I'd love to find the one on AWE, but I haven't even heard of it. I've looked on my programming on Time Warner (now Spectrum) and they do not offer it.:( We're thinking of that 8 day Southern for next summer.

I'd love to find the one on AWE, but I haven't even heard of it. I've looked on my programming on Time Warner (now Spectrum) and they do not offer it.:( We're thinking of that 8 day Southern for next summer.
Ask and ye shall receive. Just found it on You Tube. Here's the link. Don't know about the quality. https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla&p=dream+cruises+on+AWE#id=2&vid=2dceba3751264e457594d0f234529293&action=click

With the Dream cruises we saw some of the ship, some of the ports and seemed more like a dream vacation. The smithsonian one was more technical details of the ship, the crew, with a touch of drama and some angry passengers. While both were good I looked forward to sailing on the Vista after the Dream cruises but not so much with the one on Smithsonian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks! Much better than the other one.Much more ship information

http://www.tv-eh.com/2017/02/10/mighty-cruise-ships-sails-into-season-2-with-drama-and-extravagance/

Mighty Cruise Ships airs Sundays at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT on Discovery.

Pulling away from Discovery’s dock on Sunday is Season 2 of Mighty Cruise Ships, which aims to spotlight the most outrageous, expensive and exciting cruise ships sailing around the world. The first episode features a stunner: the Carnival Vista. The largest in the Carnival fleet, the ship cruises the Mediterranean with more than 4,600 passengers, and crew of 1,400 in almost 2,000 staterooms. There are 10 restaurants, a 140-metre long slide, IMAX theatre, brewery and—astoundingly—the first-ever suspended bike loop that allows guests to ride 46 metres above the sea. Carnival Vista truly is a small city on the sea, and that comes with positives and negatives.

Thank you for the info! We will be on the Vista Oct. 7th.

I recorded it & we watched it last nite on Smithsonian channel.

Very interesting behind the scenes stuff!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was a bit disappointed in the show/episode. Seemed to focus more on the initial mediterranean sailing and not enough on the features of the ship, etc. I noticed they showed table cloths on the tables in the MDR and I think that's no longer the case.

Oh well, was only 20 minutes of my time. I've wasted more than that on a sucky movie.

That's what the series is really about: The operations of the ship (i.e., engineering and navigation, essentially) and excursions. None of the episodes focused on the amenities the ship offers its passengers while aboard.

That's what the series is really about: The operations of the ship (i.e., engineering and navigation, essentially) and excursions. None of the episodes focused on the amenities the ship offers its passengers while aboard.

So, in general the Dream Cruises episode of the Vista that was on AWE and previously linked on You Tube is a much better show for those that are looking for footage centered on the amenities of the ship. It was also more recently filmed and centered on an 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary instead of a 10 day Mediterranean one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

They're definitely following a formula that works for "Mighty Trains" just the same. A recent episode was about a Norwegian train that ships fish from the Arctic circle to Oslo. They didn't cover the fish's onboard experience - just their embarkation and debarkation experiences.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

They're definitely following a formula that works for "Mighty Trains" just the same. A recent episode was about a Norwegian train that ships fish from the Arctic circle to Oslo. They didn't cover the fish's onboard experience - just their embarkation and debarkation experiences.
If the fish's on board experience included a drinks package then the debarkation experience would have been much happier.

If the fish's on board experience included a drinks package then the debarkation experience would have been much happier.
No doubt.

Regardless, their other program, "Mighty Ships" also follows the same formula: Covering operation and maintenance of the ships, and how the cargo gets on the ship and what the cargo is for, but not spending much screen time digging into what the cargo does while aboard ship.

Let's keep in mind that these programs are brought to us by the folks who brought us "Alien Mysteries".

No doubt.

Regardless, their other program, "Mighty Ships" also follows the same formula: Covering operation and maintenance of the ships, and how the cargo gets on the ship and what the cargo is for, but not spending much screen time digging into what the cargo does while aboard ship.

Let's keep in mind that these programs are brought to us by the folks who brought us "Alien Mysteries".

I like these shows, just because obviously I find the ships interesting. The one thing I think is funny, kind of annoying, is how at the start and before every commercial break there is always a lead up how there is the possibility of some catastrophe lurking just on the horizon....and then of course nothing ever materializes and everything is fine. I know its just the cliffhanger thing to keep people watching through the commercial, but by the 25th time its kind of ridiculous.

So, in general the Dream Cruises episode of the Vista that was on AWE and previously linked on You Tube is a much better show for those that are looking for footage centered on the amenities of the ship. It was also more recently filmed and centered on an 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary instead of a 10 day Mediterranean one.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Awesome, thanks. We have Verizon FIOS, so we get AWE. I like the "buying yachts" and jets show. I can dream. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link

Sent from my iPhone using Forums