Transatlantic Perks

Iamthesea

I know that the drink package is not included as a perk for a Transatlantic cruise, but are there any perks, at all, offered by Celebrity for these cruises? Could probably receive something from TA.:)

Usually not since the price tends to be low. However, they sometimes offer an on board promotion on TAs that give you gratuities if you booked while on a TA. They also gave OBC based on cabin category. They numbers of ships doing TAs has been reduced and I don't know if they will offer this deal on my April TA.

I know that the drink package is not included as a perk for a Transatlantic cruise, but are there any perks, at all, offered by Celebrity for these cruises? Could probably receive something from TA.:)

There are no perks because the base prices are so inexpensive; this spring's Silhouette 14-N crossing even has Aqua Class available for less that $100 per night!

Thank you!

The rate was good until you start adding in all the things (drinks, gratuities, OBC) that we usually get when cruising. The drink package isn't that big a deal as we do not drink that much and always drink more than normal when it is included. We would also get tired of alcohol every day on 15 nighter. :D

Thank you!

The rate was good until you start adding in all the things (drinks, gratuities, OBC) that we usually get when cruising. The drink package isn't that big a deal as we do not drink that much and always drink more than normal when it is included. We would also get tired of alcohol every day on 15 nighter. :D

Don't be fooled.

If you add the value of the "free" perks as you are really paying for them in the cost. Look for a cruise you like and price it first at the rate with the perks. Then take the same cruise and price it at a reduced rate (Senior rate, Resident Rate, Military rate) and look at the difference. In most cases, there are some exceptions, the rate with perks will be more than the reduced rate. If you add the value of the perks to the reduced rate you'll usually find that its about the same as the price with perks included. An old marketing tool that let's people think they are getting a real bonus when they're not.

Usually not since the price tends to be low. However, they sometimes offer an on board promotion on TAs that give you gratuities if you booked while on a TA. They also gave OBC based on cabin category. They numbers of ships doing TAs has been reduced and I don't know if they will offer this deal on my April TA.

I have 1100 OBC, including Celebrity and my TA; however, I am in a suite. Yes, I booked onboard...replaced one cruise with another...only 200 OBC and also used a thank you certificate for 200 OBC. The rest was from my TA. Suite prices were not cheap, but for 16 days it was worth it for my DH and me. No gratuities and they will take half of my OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Orator,

This is Dan & Penny Smith from the January 22 Silhouette sailing. We all sat with the Hotel Director and the new Hotel Director at Tuscan Grill for a lovely dinner. Hope you and your wife are doing well. We just returned from our vacation Tuesday after spending the rest of our time in Key Largo and Key West after debarking the Silhouette on that cold and blustery Sunday morning. It was a pleasure meeting you both.

The 13 night Eclipse transatlantic on 16 April has a military rate of $449pp inside, and $599pp balcony... with $100 OBC from an online agency and another $200 OBC from the shareholder benefit... :eek: :D ;)

....standard rates are not much higher...what more do you want?

Don't be fooled.

If you add the value of the "free" perks as you are really paying for them in the cost. Look for a cruise you like and price it first at the rate with the perks. Then take the same cruise and price it at a reduced rate (Senior rate, Resident Rate, Military rate) and look at the difference. In most cases, there are some exceptions, the rate with perks will be more than the reduced rate. If you add the value of the perks to the reduced rate you'll usually find that its about the same as the price with perks included. An old marketing tool that let's people think they are getting a real bonus when they're not.

I agree with your evaluation methodology, but results vary depending on the cruise. I recently booked an 11-N September Caribbean cruise; the difference between the senior rate and the rate with two perks was $350 per person. When you subtract out the $150 OBC perk, the effective price of the Classic Beverage Package was only $200 per person - which works out to only $18.18 per person per day - much less than the regular $55.

I agree with your evaluation methodology, but results vary depending on the cruise. I recently booked an 11-N September Caribbean cruise; the difference between the senior rate and the rate with two perks was $350 per person. When you subtract out the $150 OBC perk, the effective price of the Classic Beverage Package was only $200 per person - which works out to only $18.18 per person per day - much less than the regular $55.

You are correct. In some cases the benefits are really benefits. One needs to price the cruise in every possible way to find the best real price. Also when using Choice Air price the trip as a round trip and two one ways. You might be surprised at the results.

• 6 months later...
As Orator stated, on TA cruises they offer a special TA deal. I've booked 4 TAs each during the last 4 years. Low deposit, some OBC and free gratuities. I've even kept my perks with a price drop adjustment and cabin grade change.

I'm on a TA cruise next April from SYD and there are no perks offered. Do you wait until you board to add a drink package or inquire with Celebrity prior to sailing if a TA deal is available?

I'm on a TA cruise next April from SYD and there are no perks offered. Do you wait until you board to add a drink package or inquire with Celebrity prior to sailing if a TA deal is available?

We are on a October TA and when we booked in July they were selling the beverage packages at 50% off. Last year we also did a TA and they offered 20% off the beverage packages. There was no announcement of the discount just found it in checking tge cruise planner.

My advice is to regularly check your cruise planner starting about 120 days before your cruise. Also last year someone on the roll call found the prices had dropped and posted it on the Roll Call.