Which is better snorkelling Cozumel or roatan??!!

cbowls30

Roatan!!! We took a cab to Bananarama, he waited while we snorkeled from the beach. Had a light lunch and cocktails, which I hate doing since we eat so much on the ship. They had showers, attentive service and the snorkeling was great!!! The cab driver took us back to the ship, after flirting with all the waitresses. I don't remember cost but it couldn't have been much because I'm pretty frugal. Have fun!!! ;p;p;p

Does anybody know if weather affects the snorkeling? Last week, I snorkeled in Roatan and the morning was cloudy with light rain sprinkles, the sun didn't come out until the afternoon. I hate to say it, but the snorkelling was very poor. We hardly saw any fish. It was kind of disappointing. 2 years ago, I snorkeled in Cozumel (the weather was sunny but the reef was deeper) and we saw tons of multi-colored fish. Go figure.

• 3 weeks later...

Roatan is better for snorkeling....reefs are close to shore and shallow with no current.

Cozumel is better for DIVING....best reefs are a mile offshore, deeper than worthwhile to snorkel. Plus cozumel has current.