My TA told me and I want to verify....

Curly-Q

That RCCL (and other cruise lines) offer little to no "extras" for their transatlantic cruises. I booked a transatlantic suite and paid sticker price with the TA with absolutely no extras included. So, I'm wondering is this true, that cruise lines do not offer any extra items, like OBC, gratuities, beverage, special deals, etc. on their transatlantic cruises? If so, why not?

If this is not true, I'll start looking for a new TA!

That RCCL (and other cruise lines) offer little to no "extras" for their transatlantic cruises. I booked a transatlantic suite and paid sticker price with the TA with absolutely no extras included. So, I'm wondering is this true, that cruise lines do not offer any extra items, like OBC, gratuities, beverage, special deals, etc. on their transatlantic cruises? If so, why not?

There are no specific promos that they offer on TA's all the time. They have in the past run sales for short periods of time that did have some extra incentives but it was a sake and not a permanent promotion.

No need to offer incentives if the ship is selling.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Cruise lines offer perks as needed to fill ships. In other words, if the ship is filling at prices the cruise line is happy with, then no perks will be offered.

Due to a mix up on a previous cruise, Celebrity owed us a beverage package. They were quite willing to give it to us on any future cruise... except a TA we were booked on. We eventually claimed it on a 14 night Caribbean cruise, so we did alright, but it seems that with the number of sea days on the TA they didn't want to allow any beverage packages at all, either as a perk or paid.

Usually, at least from my research, Transatlantic/repositioning cruises are generally great bargains by themselves. I saw a 16 night transatlantic one on Vision I think it was that was offering at 599/person for interior. Shoot, I paid more than that on my 9 night on the Anthem and Grandeur. With that kind of price, perks usually get paid out of what you pay for the cruise and at such a low price, I'm happy with that. I have yet to do a transatlantic yet. I know you kind of lose the savings in airfare.

Also, if you think about it, many of the perks are geared towards you spending money on board. Drink package, on a transatlantic, means MOST of your time is spent onboard, and taking advantage of that as oppose to other cruises where you may spend 1/2 of your cruise at sea at the most.

Rarely are there perks from RCCL specifically for the transatlantic cruises (i.e. Beverage packages, shipboard credits, prepaid gratuities, etc). But you TA can offer them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done 4 transatlantics and had 2 drinks packages. Harmony we got free grats as well

I have noticed that RC seems more likely to give perks to UK bookings, especially on transatlantics.

I had a VB cabin for Explorer and upgraded to an Aft D1 when it came available. It seemed expensive at the time. It came with a drinks package and looking at the prices now, it's not that bad.

Looking now, maybe I should have kept the VB and booked a B2B as the West Coast sailings have dropped