Seapass Cards on Cabin Doors??

Shanafan

Is this a fleet-wide change? Jut wondering what would stop someone from taking a few of these or kids (or adults for that matter) switching them around to different cabins?

No,only Harmony and Quantum class. Morals, security cameras and being charged with theft.;)

What is the perceived benefit to this approach? Why aren't they handing out the SeaPass cards as part of the check-in process? Not a big deal, just curious.

Saves RCI having to move the 5000+ cards from ship to terminal. It also allows for the roving check in.

All of the systems the card interacts with are on the ship.;)

Right - I forget what ship it was, but I noted that the Diamond Lounge attendant had thousands of cards that he was processing for the next cruise. Didn't look like fun!

Of course, I realize that, but I was talking about distribution of the cards, not where they are used by the passengers.

Since they are made on the ship, their distribution can be faster and more efficient on the ship as well (as opposed to bringing them into the terminal, putting them in a big pile and then have the agents try to find them) - at least that's why I assume RCI is doing this.

Since they are made on the ship, their distribution can be faster and more efficient on the ship as well (as opposed to bringing them into the terminal, putting them in a big pile and then have the agents try to find them) - at least that's why I assume RCI is doing this.
Likely the reason.

The longer term goal will be to have everyone wear the "smart" bands.

Labor is much cheaper onboard. So it is cheaper to distribute the cards onboard than at the terminal

Labor is much cheaper onboard. So it is cheaper to distribute the cards onboard than at the terminal

Plus, it's two totally different systems processing magnetic strip cards and RFID bands. Figuring that 95% of the ships use the old mag cards it doesn't make sense to set up RFID equipment for a couple of ships. If it ever goes fleet wide I bet it will done on shore.

Setting aside the fashionista issue, we had WOW bands a few years ago at Disney and they were pretty convenient. No fumbling for cards to insert in a tiny slot, which got tinnier the more drinks I had.

I am surprised RCCL hasn't started selling the "upscale" covers for the WOW bands.

You won't have to worry about any of this, Allure uses the old Seapass cards handed out at the pier terminal. You can ignore the boarding time issue.

Thank you

Your photo is no longer printed on RCI regular or non-RFID card if that's what you are thinking of. It's stored electronically as a digital print accessible when your Sea Pass card's bar code is read or RFID card is scanned. You can upload your photo yourself or have it taken by the agent at the check in like is being done for non-RFID ships.

Also your photo shows up when your card is scanned for purchases so that should prevent other from using a stolen card.

Guest Services.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Forums mobile app