Reserving Sunbeds😡

lprp

I'm willing to guess the bigger difference than wealth (which I don't think has anything to do with hogging a chair) is that the age of the cruiser may be younger than the average age of most Regent cruisers and/or the Caribbean is their first cruise and/or the only place they cruise. Were are the folks that crunch these numbers?

I'm willing to guess the bigger difference than wealth (which I don't think has anything to do with hogging a chair) is that the age of the cruiser may be younger than the average age of most Regent cruisers and/or the Caribbean is their first cruise and/or the only place they cruise. Were are the folks that crunch these numbers?

You bring up really good points. It isn't about wealth, it is about age and Regent being their first cruise (or first luxury cruise).

You bring up really good points. It isn't about wealth, it is about age and Regent being their first cruise (or first luxury cruise).

I don't think it's wealth, or age, or cruise history (to lack thereof) - I think it's about manners and common courtesy, two traits that are sadly lacking in every group in society today.

I don't think it's wealth, or age, or cruise history (to lack thereof) - I think it's about manners and common courtesy, two traits that are sadly lacking in every group in society today.

If I didn't receive the feedback that I've received from multiple cruises, I would agree with you 100%. There is a serious lack of manners and common courtesy almost everywhere. However, based on solid information, there are differences in cruisers based on many things (and that is all I can say on that topic). Great way to shut me up:cocktail:

Wow> We have been on many Radisson/Regent Bermuda and Caribbean cruises and have always totally enjoyed them. We have found tasteful ships, fabulous food and crew and a pretty congenial and fun group of people on board. When did this sort of change? How many Regent or luxury cruises does one need to take to move up a tier to be a typical Regent passenger? It is quite obvious that $$$$ is not the factor. Most perplexing.

What is a typical Regent cruiser VS a typical Crystal, Seabourn cruiser? A lot of wealthy people cruise the Caribbean. Your last remark about Caribbean cruisers comes off a bit snooty.

I learned a new word (or new usage for a word I already knew). I am "Teflon" (either you get it or you don't - no problem).

Perhaps I am a bit snooty but not necessarily in the "dictionary definition" way. I have no time for whiners, complainers, chair hogs or people who think that Regent rules are for everyone but themselves (which comes under the true definition of snobs). I also have little patience for posters that have not sailed on Regent for years yet have strong feelings (generally negative) about the product. Hoping that this comment is within CC guidelines which I respect very much. CC volunteers and employees put up with more than most people.

On Regent, I give my opinions (of which I have many) as well as feedback from other cruisers and crew members. I repeatedly say that "it is what it is" because that is how I see it. Onboard comments are taken to heart by all Regent employees. Not sure how much emphasis is placed on comments from non-Regent customers.

So, bottom line is that you are certainly entitled to your opinion as all of us are. From my perspective, however, making personal comments about a poster that you don't know is questionable at best.

To get back on track, there is absolutely no chair hogging on this cruise. Everyone continues to dress according to Regent guidelines, food and service is as it should be and everyone we speak with (lots of passengers) are enjoying the cruise (despite a few comments about their suites which may not be to their taste).

"I am Explorer" (John Barron, Cruise Director).

What is a typical Regent cruiser VS a typical Crystal, Seabourn cruiser? A lot of wealthy people cruise the Caribbean. Your last remark about Caribbean cruisers comes off a bit snooty.

Miles,

We've only done one Regent and found them to blow the competition out of the water. Yes, SS, Crystal, Seaborne could learn something here. I love to do the islands. No flights, no need to tour, total relaxation. Anything to avoid the masses during Florida season.

Well, I'd just like to remind all of you staying on to Venice to be on your very best behavior after the 9th. I've been talking Regent up for the last 8 years and I finally convinced my mother to come with us so I expect impeccable service, quiet windows, mind-blowing food, and congenial and vivacious guests.

In other words, I'm looking forward to a typical Regent cruise. ;p

Miles,

We've only done one Regent and found them to blow the competition out of the water. Yes, SS, Crystal, Seaborne could learn something here. I love to do the islands. No flights, no need to tour, total relaxation. Anything to avoid the masses during Florida season.

Hi Christie, well it has been eight years since we sailed Regent but at that time it was so so compared to Crystal. Crystal still has the top level service and food as we are concerned but heck Regent needed to catch up with Crystal and Seabourn and I am sure they have improved. After five RSSC and then Regent cruises we were done.

By the way your favorite and mine Sommelier Kremina is back on the Serenity and she asked about you.