Anthem of the Seas Main Dining

Now that Anthem has done away with the Dynamic Dining, we have Main Dining. I am new to RCCL being much more familiar with Disney Cruise LIne! Can someone tell me how dining works? Am I assigned to one of the complimentary restaurants for the duration of the cruise? Does it matter which one I'm assigned to? Do they all serve the same thing?

Thanks so much!

You will be assigned to one of the 4 main venues on decks 3 and 4. If you have traditional dining, you will be assigned to either the Grande or Chic. If you have My Time, you'll be assigned to either American Icon or Silk.

They all serve the same exact food, with a menu that changes nightly. The only difference between the venues is the decor.

I too am curious about this. From what I've read (please correct me if I am wrong), if you signed up for 5:30 or 8:30 you will eat in Grande and/or Chic. If you are MTD you will be in either American Icon and/or Silk. Also from what I've read you are assigned one place to eat at every night and it is stated on your SeaPass.

As for the menu and if it matters where you're assigned, I have no clue. I would love to see what other members have to say.

You will be assigned to one of the 4 main venues on decks 3 and 4. If you have traditional dining, you will be assigned to either the Grande or Chic. If you have My Time, you'll be assigned to either American Icon or Silk.

They all serve the same exact food, with a menu that changes nightly. The only difference between the venues is the decor.

Oh, my goodness! Thank you so much! I couldn't find this information anywhere! :)

How strict are those categories? If I am my time dining and prefer the decor in Silk, can I ensure I am assigned that venue? Or if I prefer the Grande can I switch locations without changing meal plans? OR do I need to change meal plans? (And is it possible to do that on embarkation day?)

I feel compelled to mention I recognize that my question is such a "first world problem". I'm going on a cruise, and I am grateful- I won't complain either way.:rolleyes:

How strict are those categories? If I am my time dining and prefer the decor in Silk, can I ensure I am assigned that venue? Or if I prefer the Grande can I switch locations without changing meal plans? OR do I need to change meal plans? (And is it possible to do that on embarkation day?)

I feel compelled to mention I recognize that my question is such a "first world problem". I'm going on a cruise, and I am grateful- I won't complain either way.:rolleyes:

You need to stay in the venues that are appropriate to your assigned dining plan

How strict are they? Very for Grande or Chic If you have traditional dinning you are assigned a table and a wait staff. Same table every night. They can not give you table #342 because you want to dine in the décor of Chic one night. Someone else has table #342 well 2 someone actually 1 for early seating 1 for late seating. That is one plus of traditional dinning you can just go to your table and sit down.

You might be able to go between Icon and Silk depending on how "full" they are. I know one is supposed to be for people who have MTD reservations and one for strictly walk in.

The menu is the same in all 4 so you get the same food.

If I am my time dining and prefer the decor in Silk, can I ensure I am assigned that venue? Or if I prefer the Grande can I switch locations without changing meal plans?

You are about 4 months late to be able to do that - you could have under Dynamic Dining but the whiners got their way and it's gone.:p

This link will explain things pretty well.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/anthemoftheseas/dining/

i dont see the part where it says unless i have fixed dining that i will be in a certain room of their choosing. after seeing all the beautiful pics on their website i had assumed i could eat in any of the MDRs. thats the impression their site gives

My Time Dining*, Royal Caribbean’s award-winning dining program found onboard the rest of our fleet, offers flexible and traditional options. This program offers the flexibility to select your own dining time and table companions on a daily basis between the hours of 6:00 pm and 9:30 pm, and it does not have to be the same time every day. The traditional dining experience allows you to choose either 6:30 pm or 8:30 pm seating times.

Our main dining room experience will take place in Chic, Silk, Grande and American Icon. While each have distinctive ambiance and décor, you will enjoy the same upgraded dinner menu in each venue, featuring more variety and enhanced new dishes.

i dont see the part where it says unless i have fixed dining that i will be in a certain room of their choosing. after seeing all the beautiful pics on their website i had assumed i could eat in any of the MDRs. thats the impression their site gives

My Time Dining*, Royal Caribbean’s award-winning dining program found onboard the rest of our fleet, offers flexible and traditional options. This program offers the flexibility to select your own dining time and table companions on a daily basis between the hours of 6:00 pm and 9:30 pm, and it does not have to be the same time every day. The traditional dining experience allows you to choose either 6:30 pm or 8:30 pm seating times.

Our main dining room experience will take place in Chic, Silk, Grande and American Icon. While each have distinctive ambiance and décor, you will enjoy the same upgraded dinner menu in each venue, featuring more variety and enhanced new dishes.

One more example of a website that is not clear. Go by experiences of others here over what the website states.

I found it too confusing and ate dinner in Windjammer more than once. Doomed ship!

You sailed when Anthem had Dynamic Dining, that does not exist anymore. Not sure what was so confusing to you, we liked Dynamic Dining and wished it still existed.

My time dining is now on Anthem. You can book a reservation or you can just show up at the time you want. The cruise compass and your cruise planner will tell you where you go. I do not know if that information is printed on the sea pass cards as it is on other ships, I will find out on Sunday.

It is not as confusing as some would make it seem.

No longer have a "main" dining room. The venues had multiple menus.

You are behind the times, Dynamic Dining does not exist anymore. All four restaurants have the same menu each night. Go back and read the posts in this thread that are talking about what is happening on Anthem now.

And by the way, you aren't the only one that sailed Anthem in a storm. We met up with the Hurricane Matthew on Anthem last September and we are leaving on your so called "doomed ship" again on Sunday.:cool:

Recent menus from a 7-day cruise can be found here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433056

There are the Classics that are always available, and additional changing items every night.

Unless someone has done it when I go, I will make it a task to get clear pictures of all the menus next month.

There seemed to be two types of MDR dining when were on Anthem in December- reservation and non-reservation. We had reservations, but we wanted to check out the decor in the other venues (the ones for non-reservation folks), and were easily able to do so by telling the crew member when we checked in to be seated.

FYI, I found Silk to be overcrowded...way more furniture in there than in the other venues.

I'm on the May 20th sailing and have MTD. I can make reservations for specialty restaurants. But I can't make MTD reservations. The cruise planner states I'll get my rotation once onboard :confused:. Is 2+ months too far out to make reservations for MTD?

My Time Dining

Complimentary

You have selected Early Seating. You will be able to view your complimentary dining rotation once onboard. Specialty Restaurant reservations can be made at any time.

You don't have MTD - you have traditional early seating - hence no ability to make reservations. If you want MTD, ask whoever you booked with to change you to MTD now, or do it once you board.

Biker, who is not surprised RCI has not fixed the language (there's no longer any rotation) left over from the DD days.

You don't have MTD - you have traditional early seating - hence no ability to make reservations. If you want MTD, ask whoever you booked with to change you to MTD now, or do it once you board.

Biker, who is not surprised RCI has not fixed the language (there's no longer any rotation) left over from the DD days.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated. Early and late were wait listed when we booked a few days ago. So My Time Dining was selected (only option). The Booking Confirmation lists Guest #1 Dining as MY TIME() and Guest #2 Dining is listed as MY TIME(5:30 PM).

The Booking Confirmation lists Guest #1 Dining as MY TIME() and Guest #2 Dining is listed as MY TIME(5:30 PM).

That is quite confusing. If you do have MTD, dining reservations may not be available yet - though that would be unusual inside of 90 days before sailing. As much as I would avoid calling RCI, you may have to, to clear up this issue.