Urgent shareholder advice - Carnival

Hi Everyone,

Please forgive me for not doing a search first. I know the information is out there. But I have just instructed my FP to buy 100 shares in Carnival for me. He will do the homework for me. But I remember reading on here there are two different types of shares?

Can someone brief me on which shares I need? He will go through a broker for me & arrange it all. I suppose I just need a little reassurance I'm getting the correct one's, so I can apply for the cabin credit. I have always wanted to own some of these shares :) and now I'm cruising more, the time is right. I'm Australian based.

Many thanks

They are also listed on the London stock exchange so check both and see which has the better price on both the shares and the currency conversion. You can buy from either as long as it is a holding of 100 or more.

In addition make sure they are the Carnival Corp shares as CCL is also Coca Cola (ASX).

• Like 1

I bought the CCL shares listed on the London exchange. They seem to be more stable compared to the US listed shares and secondly more Aussies and Kiwis still have UK bank accounts from their OE days where dividends can be paid into each quarter..

A question please, what does a holding of 100 shares entitle you to - is it all of their cruise lines??

Many thanks

Judy

Judy, this will give you some info on OBC and included cruiselines

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

As well as onboard credit, you get quarterly dividend payments, our last one was about $48AUD.

Since we purchased about 8 months ago, stocks have risen about $1000USD, we have received about $100 in dividends, $250OBC for a 14 night cruise and $50 OBC for an upcoming 3 night cruise and $100 for an upcoming 11 night cruise.....not bad in less than a year, better than my cash investments are doing!!

A great investment - another reason, if one is needed, to keep cruising - thanks for your reply

Note that as far as CCL shares go it is a large amount of money around $7000 AUD to invest if you are only doing it for some OBC. They can easily stop the Shareholder OBC at any time, if it is voted on at the AGM.

Note that as far as CCL shares go it is a large amount of money around $7000 AUD to invest if you are only doing it for some OBC. They can easily stop the Shareholder OBC at any time, if it is voted on at the AGM.

Yes, thats true. I would be happy to keep them as a long term investment, although I am sure that there would be alot who would sell.

Yes, thats true. I would be happy to keep them as a long term investment, although I am sure that there would be alot who would sell.

Exactly, if you are looking at buying shares that return that little bit more than just dividends, than I say go for it.

However, it is a lot of money to risk just for the OBC and with the possibility of them going down in value as well.

NYSE: CCL · February 23, 4:20 PM EST

55.92▲ 0.42 (0.76%)

55.85▼ 0.07 (0.13%)

High56.29 on Jan 27, 2017

Low30.57 on Mar 9, 2012

Avg42.00 for past 5 years

Edited by MicCanberra
format

I got my shares in August and am quite happy with them but I did read somewhere that there are US tax implications for the dividends. I have no idea how I'd go about doing a US tax return and am wondering what other shareholders on here do?

I got my shares in August and am quite happy with them but I did read somewhere that there are US tax implications for the dividends. I have no idea how I'd go about doing a US tax return and am wondering what other shareholders on here do?

Declare them on your Aussie tax return. You won't be double taxed due to bilateral agreements.

The tax implications for Australians are here in Australia, declare the shares and dividends (just like any other income or assets) and you will be fine.

From the CC Princess forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2462106

[/url]

The CCL Corp stockholder OBC benefit has been extended to cover sailings through July 31, 2018.

This benefit is usually extended at this time every year.

For details, go to http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix....l-sharebenefit and click on the shareholder benefit link.

From the CC Princess forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2462106

The CCL Corp stockholder OBC benefit has been extended to cover sailings through July 31, 2018.

This benefit is usually extended at this time every year.

For details, go to http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix....l-sharebenefit and click on the shareholder benefit link.

Great stuff.