Kids in separate cabin and wine

So, for whatever reason, when we booked our cruise, they allowed the 2 adults to be in one cabin and the 7 and 8 year old in the other cabin. I always thought one adult needed to be in each room, or figured we'd have to change when we check in at the port. Maybe it's because there's a connecting door, so it's okay? At any rate, not worried about changing to one adult in each room - not trying to break any rules! ;)

In the same vain of not trying to break the rules, I know the wine is 2 bottles per cabin. Does that mean that we can bring 4 bottles? Or only 2 because the kids are in one room and we're in the other?

Seems silly, but I'm a rule follower!!

Thanks...

So, for whatever reason, when we booked our cruise, they allowed the 2 adults to be in one cabin and the 7 and 8 year old in the other cabin. I always thought one adult needed to be in each room, or figured we'd have to change when we check in at the port. Maybe it's because there's a connecting door, so it's okay? At any rate, not worried about changing to one adult in each room - not trying to break any rules! ;)

In the same vain of not trying to break the rules, I know the wine is 2 bottles per cabin. Does that mean that we can bring 4 bottles? Or only 2 because the kids are in one room and we're in the other?

Seems silly, but I'm a rule follower!!

Thanks...

Kids are not permitted to drink, so the answer is 2 bottles for the "adult" room, and no bottles for the Kid room. Like many thinks, it is assumed that people would know that kids can't bring booze on the ship. It wouldn't matter what combination of rooms you have or the sleeping arrangements.

The title of the tread made me giggle a bit but I knew what you were going to ask.

Anyway, to avoid issues both at check in and bringing on 4 bottles of wine I would simply call and make an adjustment to the reservation so that you have 1 adult and 1 child booked in each of the cabins and then just put the 2 kids in their own cabin. As long as 1 name from the original booking in each cabin remains the same it won't be an issue to update this.

Tip:

After you board, you can go to Guest Relations and have them print you up a dummy key card so that you can have one to both your cabin and the kids cabin.

As the kids are in their own room they will be listed on your Setsail pass and you will only have the one Setsail pass for all 4 of you showing one cabin even though at checkin they will know that you do have 2 cabins. Security on the other hand can only see the one cabin that is listed on your Setsail pass so they may question you.... Or they may not.

The title of the tread made me giggle a bit but I knew what you were going to ask.

Anyway, to avoid issues both at check in and bringing on 4 bottles of wine I would simply call and make an adjustment to the reservation so that you have 1 adult and 1 child booked in each of the cabins and then just put the 2 kids in their own cabin. As long as 1 name from the original booking in each cabin remains the same it won't be an issue to update this.

Tip:

After you board, you can go to Guest Relations and have them print you up a dummy key card so that you can have one to both your cabin and the kids cabin.

I can see where it would make you giggle...I didn't think that through!!

Tip:

Agree with this. Just call change one adult to each cabin. 2 bottles per room & no questions...

We did this, brought 2 bottles for our cabin and 2 bottles for our kids cabin and had 4 total to ourselves when we got on board. No questions asked. I even think if you brought MORE wine on board, they probably wouldn't say anything, but that is pushing it I think. Checking in at security, all they wanted to know was if you had any weapons and could care less about the wine, this was in Port Canaveral.

What port do you go out of on this cruise? It might make a difference.

Tip:

Anyway, to avoid issues both at check in and bringing on 4 bottles of wine I would just have you two adults go through separate security lines at the terminal.

Anyway, to avoid issues both at check in and bringing on 4 bottles of wine I would just have you two adults go through separate security lines at the terminal.

That's a good point, if your not checking in together they would have no idea if both of you have 2 or 4 bottles.

I have done this several times and it's not a problem. I can't speak about other ports but at PC the security does not check your set sail pass at all, they have no way of knowing who's doing what. As long as any one person doesn't have more than 2 bottles it's fine.

although as others have suggested it's probably best for husband and wife to go through separate security lines.

I have done this several times and it's not a problem. I can't speak about other ports but at PC the security does not check your set sail pass at all, they have no way of knowing who's doing what. As long as any one person doesn't have more than 2 bottles it's fine.

although as others have suggested it's probably best for husband and wife to go through separate security lines.

We similarly had not problems last year boarding in Port Everglades. Security saw we had four bottles and said "you're only allowed two bottles of wine"...I answered "we have two cabins" and they said "oh, ok". No problem.