AMEX platinum perks - won't allow with sip and sail package.

compozer

I booked 4 cruises with the sip and sail package. The main reason I have that card is because of the perks when booking a suite on Princess. My travel agent just called and said she had bad news. Princess will not allow the $300obc and canapé perk on our upcoming b2b. They won't combine it with the sip and sail package. Specialty dinner was included in the perks when I booked but that perk seems to have been deleted.

They allowed it a year ago on our Med cruise

so I am not a happy camper.

Is the case with others? Or were you given the AMEX perks???

The perks come from AMEX, so I don't understand why Princess controls it.

Just needed to vent!!

I would call your TA again and tell them to push it through. That sounds pretty bogus to me.

What do you mean?

"Tell them to push it through". I know she spent a lot of time trying to deal with it. She is upset because she also has the Amex platinum card also.

Why is it bogus?

What do you mean?

"Tell them to push it through". I know she spent a lot of time trying to deal with it. She is upset because she also has the Amex platinum card also.

Why is it bogus?

Yes it is bogus. It has worked many times. Your TA should be fighting for you, unless of course you have a bad TA -- time for a new one.

Reading your post I was interested to see what these perks were. However when I went to Amex's website I cannot see any mention of these perks as being part of the card? Can you elaborate as to where you are seeing these perks are available?

This is where I am looking:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/platinum/

Reading your post I was interested to see what these perks were. However when I went to Amex's website I cannot see any mention of these perks as being part of the card? Can you elaborate as to where you are seeing these perks are available?

Here it is:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/benefits/detail/cruises-privileges?sorted_index=0&inav=MYCA_OPEN_Benefits2&isDirect=true#detail

We have been getting the $300 obc, specialty restaurant for two and canapes (which have been the same since day one and are terrible) since we first started booking suites - 8 or 9 years ago. It took our ta several days to get it the first time. We have a new ta for these cruises and I know she has done it before because another friend uses her and they received them their last cruise. So I don't need a new ta.

I wonder if this is a recent change. We book with an American Express agent and she was not able to get this recently either. In the past we have received it also. She didn't understand why this was allowed in the past but not now.

Casey, that is what I am trying to figure out. If others have received both, then I have something to complain about. If I would have know this, I would not have booked the sip and sail. We had to pay $200 more pp. and I only have two drinks a day. SO, we would have saved $400 plus received the $300obc on each cruise. $700 on each

Casey, that is what I am trying to figure out. If others have received both, then I have something to complain about. If I would have know this, I would not have booked the sip and sail. We had to pay $200 more pp. and I only have two drinks a day. SO, we would have saved $400 plus received the $300obc on each cruise. $700 on each

Unfortunately someone who used this perk 4 months ago is comparing apples or oranges. I am going to try to call AMEX this next week. My travel agent was able to get this perk for me many times before with out any issues.

Unfortunately someone who used this perk 4 months ago is comparing apples or oranges. I am going to try to call AMEX this next week. My travel agent was able to get this perk for me many times before with out any issues.

That was me who received it December 2016. And you may be right. Now that I think about it we booked the cruise November 2015.

Try this link: https://www.americanexpresscruise.com/cruises/promos/amex/shopping/cruise_privileges_program.jsp?cobrand=15558&webpagerecno=2357

Back to the OP - The Cruise Privilege Program states "Platinum Card Members and Centurion Members received benefits on select sailings." Note the word "select." I'm assuming the cruise lines determine which sailings the AMEX perks can be applied to.

Also the program stats the CPP cannot be combined with:

- World Cruises including segments; or

- FLASH, Travel Agent, Interline fares, any promotions launched inside final payment [date], specially negotiated and targeted rates, and/or National Account shipboard credit offers; or

- other AMEX card offers

As of today, the AMEX CPP is applicable for bookings made on or after 6/1/2014 and travel must be completed on or before 12/31/2019. CPP benefits apply to ONE SEGMENT ONLY on back-to-back and multi-segment itineraries.

I guess the last part is where your TA is getting hung up on with Princess. Was your TA trying to get CPP for both segments of your B2B cruises?

Also, looking at the terms for the 2016 sip and sail, its combineable with some offers but not all. It's listed as NOT combineable with Travel Consultant promos, which Amex may classify as (if its run thru Amex Travel)

The Amex CPP also states: " May not be combined with other offers unless indicated."

Yes, she was trying to get in on both.

I had another thing that came up this week. On the second cruise we decided we wanted to start in Paris 6 days post cruise. I switched the flight home from London to Paris about 2 months before final payment and figured we couldn't get approval from Princess until after final payment so just sat on it. The fare from Paris was $650 more but I figured it would come down a little and I always check a couple times a day hoping for a drop Ta got permission three weeks ago. I have been trying to check new prices but a message would come up saying they were not available and to try again. I finally decided to call Princess and ask what was up because the others cruises showed new prices.

To my shock, the agent said I was not able to book flights home since I deviated from the cruise itinerary. But since I already booked the flight, I had two choices and I could either keep the flights the way it was or I could cancel and book my own. This was the first I had ever heard of this but I never left the ship early before. Again, if I would have known this, I would not have asked permission until I was happy with the price of my flights. I was ok with them but as with all of us, would have been happier to get a price drop. Or we could have just stayed on the ship until Southampton and taken the train to Paris and stayed a couple extra nights and it would have been cheaper.

I usually ask a lot of questions but in both cases, did not know of the changes. Maybe the flight thing isn't new,

Just a frustrating week!!

To my shock, the agent said I was not able to book flights home since I deviated from the cruise itinerary. But since I already booked the flight, I had two choices and I could either keep the flights the way it was or I could cancel and book my own. This was the first I had ever heard of this but I never left the ship early before.

This is correct. You cannot deviate and use Princess Air.

This is really interesting and if you're ok using their TA it's a great perk to help offset the annual fee of $450. But the card also comes with some other great benefits. May look into this one.

Currently using the Chase Sapphire Reserve that gives you a $300 annual travel credit on any travel related spending.

This is really interesting and if you're ok using their TA it's a great perk to help offset the annual fee of $450. But the card also comes with some other great benefits. May look into this one.

Currently using the Chase Sapphire Reserve that gives you a $300 annual travel credit on any travel related spending.

Sounds like you have an awesome card. Even comes with global entry fee waiver. The $300 is just icing on the cake.

You are not limited to use AMEX travel in order to qualify for the extra perks from CPP. The CPP applies to bookings made by other TAs, too. They just need to know how to apply it for the customers.

Back to the OP - The Cruise Privilege Program states "Platinum Card Members and Centurion Members received benefits on select sailings." Note the word "select." I'm assuming the cruise lines determine which sailings the AMEX perks can be applied to.

Usually in promotions like this, the "select" will apply to almost every itinerary with a very few actually excluded.

Just like a grocery store promotion of xxx brand soup which says selected varieties. Almost every type soup in the advertised size is usually included.

You are not limited to use AMEX travel in order to qualify for the extra perks from CPP. The CPP applies to bookings made by other TAs, too. They just need to know how to apply it for the customers.

Wow that's amazing, so can you use it for more than 1 cruise per year? What a great perk!