DO NOT waste your money on cruisecare insurance from Royal Caribbean!

auntiedodo

10 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

2 yr old thread????

Yes you can change your mind. You are not even charged for it until final payment

Why would my question matter if this thread is 2 years old.........

10 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Depends if you paid for your cruise care or only booked it.

Don't have all the paper work on this booked cruise yet, my agent is sending it to me in the mail...........I believe it is paid for though.

On 2/28/2017 at 3:29 PM, auntiedodo said:

We have a b2b cruise in a suite booked for March and always buy cruisecare insurance. My husband had a sudden detached macula and retina, emergency surgery, and we can't go on our cruise that we booked a year ago, and bought cruisecare insurance a year ago too. I cancelled as soon as he was admitted to the hospital, the same day we found out . NOW we are being told that we are in "the PENALTY" phase and will only get back a few dollars IF the insurance claim is accepted. DO NOT waste your money on cruisecare insurance through Royal Caribbean!!!

I always buy my insurance through insuremytrip.com. You get to choose from a wide variety of companies/plans. Much better coverage at much better prices. You can add on "cancel for any reason" which will give you a refund if your plans change last minute.

13 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

2 yr old thread????

Yes you can change your mind. You are not even charged for it until final payment

Complaining because someone actually used the search feature?

They had a question and actually got a answer. Seems to me that the forum worked.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, traveltilidrop said:

I always buy my insurance through insuremytrip.com. You get to choose from a wide variety of companies/plans. Much better coverage at much better prices. You can add on "cancel for any reason" which will give you a refund if your plans change last minute.

8 hours ago, clean1owner said:

Insure my trip dot com.  Better coverage for less money.

Not always true for all folks. Best idea is to compare as everyone's needs are different.

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't have all the paper work on this booked cruise yet, my agent is sending it to me in the mail...........I believe it is paid for though.

You don't pay for cruisecare separate from the cruise. It is added to your bill like tips and you pay the balance when due. Cruisecare does not offer pre existing coverage (one of the reasons it's not the best),

so there is no need to pay for it at time of booking

2 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

You don't pay for cruisecare separate from the cruise. It is added to your bill like tips and you pay the balance when due. Cruisecare does not offer pre existing coverage (one of the reasons it's not the best),

You can pay anytime you just have to tell whoever you booked with. 

3 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Unless you live in New York state. As of February 2019, Royal Caribbean is no longer allowed to add cruisecare insurance but gives you the website to do it on your own...….

6 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

You can pay anytime you just have to tell whoever you booked with. 

Why would you pay for it before final payment? It's useless insurance if you need the preexisting that most 3rd party insurances offer if you buy it soon after your deposited booking

57 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Why would you pay for it before final payment? It's useless insurance if you need the preexisting that most 3rd party insurances offer if you buy it soon after your deposited booking

Is does cover flights booked with Air2Sea but only if it's paid.

On 2/28/2017 at 7:13 PM, auntiedodo said:

So you're saying Royal will give us some money back on our credit card and the insurance may cover the rest? That would be fine, but it sure doesn't sound like what we were told.

We had to cancel a cruise in December and did so 3 weeks ahead; Royal refunded several hundred; the insurance covered the entire cost LESS what we were reimbursed. It takes a while, but it happens.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:11 AM, bridedoll1026 said:

Unless you live in New York state. As of February 2019, Royal Caribbean is no longer allowed to add cruisecare insurance but gives you the website to do it on your own...….

Do you have that anywhere in writing from RCCL of that change..........It's on my cruise contract at $199 per person but as of yet I have not paid for it............all I was charged so far was the deposit and the change fee for changing ships and sail date.

I booked on 3/7. I always use insure my trip but wanted to add for 2 reservations that are cruising with us. The Royal Caribbean agent asked “are they in NY too”? & explained that they can no longer book insurance directly for N.Y. residents. She explained that it is only since 2/2019. She directed me to the website. No I didn’t get that in writing because it was no big deal.  

7 hours ago, bridedoll1026 said:

I booked on 3/7. I always use insure my trip but wanted to add for 2 reservations that are cruising with us. The Royal Caribbean agent asked “are they in NY too”? & explained that they can no longer book insurance directly for N.Y. residents. She explained that it is only since 2/2019. She directed me to the website. No I didn’t get that in writing because it was no big deal.  

I'm in NJ so I guess that would not pertain to myself.

On 3/13/2019 at 7:09 PM, traveltilidrop said:

That is not always true.

For elderly, the cruise line insurance is not underwritten, so it can be MUCH cheaper.  For my parents, at 87, it was a LOT less.