What are the portion size of the kids meal for Carnival cruise ships

bksjes1998

Our kids first cruise is in 3 weeks. My kids are 11 and 14, my son may order off the adult menu depending on the options. My daughter will probably want to each chicken nuggets, hot dog, or hamburger off the kids menu every night. I am pretty picky myself and may want a kids meal myself. Since they are older, they can put the food away! Was wondering what the portion size of the kids meal were. Example: How many chicken nuggets? Any information would be appreciated.

Our kids first cruise is in 3 weeks. My kids are 11 and 14, my son may order off the adult menu depending on the options. My daughter will probably want to each chicken nuggets, hot dog, or hamburger off the kids menu every night. I am pretty picky myself and may want a kids meal myself. Since they are older, they can put the food away! Was wondering what the portion size of the kids meal were. Example: How many chicken nuggets? Any information would be appreciated.

I can't help you with what the portion sizes are; however, I can tell you that everyone can order off of either the children's or adult menus at any age and if you don't have enough, just order more. No big deal. You can get as many apps, entrees, or deserts as you wish.

If they are still hungry after the meal just head to the buffet..

Why would you do that? They don't have to leave the MDR to go to another food outlet. Just order 2 or 3 orders off the children's menu. They don't care how much you order. Of course, no one wants to just waste food for if they end up only eating one then great. But if it takes two, no one will object or make you feel like a pig. Heck, if they ask the M'D the night before they can pretty much order anything.

Why would you do that? They don't have to leave the MDR to go to another food outlet. Just order 2 or 3 orders off the children's menu. They don't care how much you order. Of course, no one wants to just waste food for if they end up only eating one then great. But if it takes two, no one will object or make you feel like a pig. Heck, if they ask the M'D the night before they can pretty much order anything.

I was being a little facetious, although there are far more choices for kids in other areas of the ship.

Wow, a little judgmental! It's vacation, let them eat what they like. My question was about portion size of kids meal, not what they should eat.

What's wrong with suggesting that parents take advantage of the learning opportunities offered by travel - in stead of contributing to the obesity of the next generation?

What's wrong with suggesting that parents take advantage of the learning opportunities offered by travel - in stead of contributing to the obesity of the next generation?

I'm sure that you don't mean it that way, but sometimes it's not what is said, but how it is said. I agree that cruises are a great time to encourage kids to spread their wings and try new things, but the way you said it came across very harsh.

Edited by Schoifmom

I haven't posted in a few years, things have changed. People are quick to type things that have nothing to do with the question ask. First all, my kids are not overweight or obese. They do eat things at home besides fast food. I'm sorry, but we like simple foods. If to have fun and be happy on vacation, they want to eat chicken nuggets, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, etc. I am going to let them. I'm sure the adult entree you are wanting them to order has more or as many calories as the kids meal. I have said my peace and am not going to respond to anymore of these "critics".

I just wanted to know portion size! Was the size more for kids 5-8 years old or enough food for a kid 10-14 years old?:)

Precise calorie count is not the point; but it does seem unfortunate to not take advantage of the wide opportunity to sample different food possible in the MDR of a cruise ship. Where else would parents find such an opportunity?

As usual nbt you are spot on. What a shame to be exposed to foods from around the world and spend every day eating nuggets or dogs. happy cruising