Freedom of the Seas - best balcony rooms

I would suggest looking at the deck map and what is on each floor. If you ask 10 different people, you will get 25 different answers to this question. Pick something you like that isn't within a few cabins of an elevator. Trust me on the elevator tip!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=FR

Cool! We have a Jr Suite on the hump, 9th deck, beginning tomorrow. [emoji846]

I think we have decided on a center hump cabin. Thanks!!!!!

You will both be spoiled from now on.

I would suggest looking at the deck map and what is on each floor. If you ask 10 different people, you will get 25 different answers to this question. Pick something you like that isn't within a few cabins of an elevator. Trust me on the elevator tip!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=FR

We've been near the elevator lots of times and have never heard a thing. Maybe we're getting hard of hearing. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are looking to book Freedom soon and was wondering if there are any balcony cabins that we want to avoid. Example: on Adventure of the Seas, deck 6 balconies have steel rather than glass and I see that as a negative. We've never been on Freedom class ships so we really don't know. We have a balcony on the bump booked on Adventure for next January. We've never had a bump room but have heard good things about them. Any advice for Freedom? Thanks!! :D

Our favorites are 7408 and 7708. Second favorites are 1700 and 1400.

Pictures and review here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285345

I'll second the nomination for either set of these balconies. Absolutely the best for the money

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've been near the elevator lots of times and have never heard a thing. Maybe we're getting hard of hearing. [emoji12]

Same here.....we just stayed in 7342, directly off the elevator area, and never heard a soul in the hallway all week.

Same here.....we just stayed in 7342, directly off the elevator area, and never heard a soul in the hallway all week.

Would you recommend that room? I see it's not directly in the center of the hump. Did you feel like your view was obstructed much? Thank you!

I am not surprised. At one point there was a water leak in the hall outside our cabin and they had a few big blowers drying it out. They were loud but with our cabin door closed you would not know they were there. Was very impressed with the cabin door soundproofing on this ship.

Would you recommend that room? I see it's not directly in the center of the hump. Did you feel like your view was obstructed much? Thank you!

We were in 9340 Center Hump and there are no obstructions at all! Because it sticks out from the ship, when you look front you see all the way to the front. When you look back, you see all the way to the back. When you look down you see nothing but water. When you look out, you see nothing but the sea! It would be pretty much the same with any cabin on the hump even if it is not directly center. We love the hump balcony cabins and that is all we book. We book early enough so that we can get the one we want which is usually on the 9th deck! :cool:

We were on the FOS sailing February 18-26 in 9634 JS. It was fabulous! We had it booked almost 2 years. It was a hump room and we had more storage space than we needed. It was a great experience, but we're going back to just a balcony room unless we get another fantastic price!!

• 3 weeks later...