Our Carnival Pride Repo Journeys Cruise (with pics) - 2/26/17

Jamman54

On our first cruise, on the Victory, we went to St. Maarten and loved it. We saw 2 pier runners on the dock in your photo!!! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading! :)

Another great review, Jeff, thoroughly enjoying travelling vicariously through you guys. We were last in St Maarten on the Conquest last November and spent a good chunk of the day on the beach in front of Kokonuts - $20 for two loungers, an umbrella, and a bucket of four beers - so your photos brought big smiles this morning. Cheers mate!

Glad to have you aboard again! That was a pretty good deal! :D

You're not confused, it was a confusing situation. Carnival had offered the day pass to the Plaza Beach Resort as one of their excursions. I waited too long and that tour had sold out. Mind you, that this was months before the cruise. I went online to Shoreexcursioneer dot com, and they had the same shore excursion, but when I tried to book it, I couldn't because I was on a Carnival ship. There must have been a conflict of interest thing there. They knew because there was a drop down box that asked what ship you were on. If I had known better I would have lied. :D Anyway, next time if I can't book it in advance, I will just go there, as walk ups don't seem to be a problem.

Walk ups were not a problem. We took a cab to the resort and the cost was $2.50 per person (each way) and the cost to use the resort was $15.00 per person which included the entry fee, use of a chair or lounger, use of the beach and pool and 1 drink. It was well worth it. People from the ship who had paid for the Carnival excursion paid $40.00 per person and only got to spend 3 or 4 hrs. there.

Walk ups were not a problem. We took a cab to the resort and the cost was $2.50 per person (each way) and the cost to use the resort was $15.00 per person which included the entry fee, use of a chair or lounger, use of the beach and pool and 1 drink. It was well worth it. People from the ship who had paid for the Carnival excursion paid $40.00 per person and only got to spend 3 or 4 hrs. there.

Thanks for chiming in once again! Great information to know, and it will be useful the next time we are in Bonaire. :)

They had grilled chicken and salad outside…..

IMG_3074-XL.jpg

IMG_3075-XL.jpg

This was my first plate…….

IMG_3059-XL.jpg

Patti’s lunch…..

IMG_3060-XL.jpg

This is the bar inside the Buffet Restaurant…..

IMG_3062-XL.jpg

The Pool Bar…..

IMG_3076-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Here’s another view of the upper pool…….

IMG_3078-XL.jpg

The lower infinity pool…..

IMG_3077-XL.jpg

That’s me in the infinity pool…….

IMG_3090-XL.jpg

That’s Patti on the beach…..

IMG_3083-XL.jpg

There was a fire in a nearby dump, but it did not affect us or the traffic downtown…..

IMG_3085-XL.jpg

Patti took this shot of the Carnival Pride from all the way across the bay, and was able to zoom in on our cabin…..

IMG_3096-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Thank you for your awesome review!! Love seeing all the pictures and reading all your tips! In fact it has helped me with our Pride cruise for April 23. I usually reserve our cruises a year out but had some unforeseen health issues & just received the go ahead from my doctor to travel. We can't wait ... Travelling with our 19 year old son. Hopefully he will be able to meet some kids his age.

Hey Jamman54, another great review! I want to go to the Panama Canal in the near future.

Thanks for following along again! There are quite a few opportunities to do both full and partial transits of the Panama Canal on Carnival in 2017/2018. The time to book is now! :)

You do such excellent reviews. I enjoy reading them. I see in your signature your are cruising on Magic in October. Do you think you will do a review on her? My family will be on the Magic during Christmas.

Thanks for reading!! We will be doing a B2B on the Magic in October, and of course we will be doing a review. Also, the day we get off the Magic in Port Canaveral, we will be driving up to Jacksonville and getting on the Elation. Both ships we have not been on yet! :D

Great Review!

Thanks for following along! :)

Patti's pictures are spot on! So crisp and clear. What kind of camera are you using? I know this has been asked before, but I cannot find the answer. The review is great! Keep it coming.

Patti thanks you! :D Our go to camera is the Canon Power Shot SX710 HS. Our water camera is a Fuji FinePix XP60.

Thank you for your awesome review��!! Love seeing all the pictures and reading all your tips! In fact it has helped me with our Pride cruise for April 23. I usually reserve our cruises a year out but had some unforeseen health issues & just received the go ahead from my doctor to travel. We can't wait ... Travelling with our 19 year old son. Hopefully he will be able to meet some kids his age.

Thanks for coming along for the ride! Glad that you are healthy enough now to cruise again. Enjoy your cruise on the Pride, and make sure you tell Ken the maitre'd that Patti and Jeff say hello! :D

St. Maarten is one of my favorite islands in the Caribbean. Doesn't help that I got engaged there, but its such a wonderful place.

Thanks for reading! We enjoy St. Maarten a lot also! :cool:

We had told our driver to pick us up at 3pm to take us back to the ship, and he was right on time. In no time at all we were back at the port. Patti was going to shop a little before getting back to the ship, while I made my way on board to visit Winston at the Red Frog Rum Bar. Goodbye St. Maarten, until next time…..

IMG_2895-XL.jpg

After she finished shopping she made her way back to the ship, taking these pictures of the ships in port. Here is the Carnival Pride docked in St. Maarten…..

IMG_3106-XL.jpg

Here is P&O’s Britannia…….

IMG_3107-XL.jpg

Here are the sterns of the Freedom and Harmony of the Seas…..

IMG_3108-XL.jpg

IMG_3110-XL.jpg

Here’s another view of the Carnival Pride…..

IMG_3111-XL.jpg

To be continued……