Celebrity Cruises with a nice price that you're keeping an eye on....

benjaminhuf

On Nov. 19th and Dec. 17th Infinity has a 5 night cruise to Key West and Cozumel that starts at $399 for an inside. But the better value might be the Aqua Class for $789—not just for Blu, but because you also get 2 perks, such as $150pp OBC and Classic Beverage pkg.

A sky suite on the december sailing is $1039 + fees and includes all four perks. Not bad for $208 per night with everything included. Some people have been claiming that suite life is only for the rich, well maybe this deal will give some an affordable suite life experience?

A sky suite on the december sailing is $1039 + fees and includes all four perks. Not bad for $208 per night with everything included. Some people have been claiming that suite life is only for the rich, well maybe this deal will give some an affordable suite life experience?

That is a good price! Since you get all 4 perks seems like quite a nice deal.

Some people cruise primarily for the ship's amenities and less for the itinerary. We like cruising, but cruise for the itinerary. We plan a land trip around our cruise and have gone more to TA cruises since we have done nearly all the European, Asian and South American cruises out there.

We pick out cruise way ahead of time and book early. I suppose we could try the late booking and hope we get a good deal on a cruise itinerary that we liked, but we might be stuck with not cruising.

A sky suite on the 2018 10 night Greek Isles cruise on Constellation is 6449.00 pp! Really hoping for price reductions on that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mine was $6,700 for two of us in an S1 corner aft suite with all four perks...booked the very first hour it was available on the Reflection. However, my April TA, 2017 on the Reflection with the OBC subtract, along with one decrease is now at $8,800, but at least it is for 16 nights and also in an S1 corner aft. The cruise is sold out and i am chomping at the bit! My DH and I are traveling with two other couples we met on an Adriatic cruise.

Amazing price! How long ago was that. I was looking over a 5-day in December on Infinity that starts at $399....

President's Week 2014. I haven't seen it since, but it got us hooked on Celebrity!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently have a deposit on the Infinity Dec 8th around the horn - not a "deal" by any stretch but significantly less than any other cruise on that itinerary at $5000CAD for a solo in an OV including 2 perks. (Starting rate is $1600CAD plus tax per person in an inside).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TAs don't get any perks usually, do they?

You are correct. But at these prices and being Elite we still get perks and last year we boarded with $800 OBC. We tend to use it as a restful transport before spending an additional month in Europe. We have to keep luggage limited to carry on only for inter Europe flights. Sounds hard, but once you get used to simplifying - quite easy actually.

MSC has great prices but children also sail free and that scares me.

We considered the Adonia, but you have to board with Visas and US citizens are still restricted in that we have to have relatives in Cuba to travel there. I suspect they are mainly sailed by families from Miami. Their last sailing is in June. It will be transferred to another company.

We considered the Adonia, but you have to board with Visas and US citizens are still restricted in that we have to have relatives in Cuba to travel there. I suspect they are mainly sailed by families from Miami. Their last sailing is in June. It will be transferred to another company.

No, U.S. citizens do not need to have relatives in Cuba to travel there. They just have to go through a process of certifying they are on a cultural or educational trip.

The Adonia had been doing both 7-day Cuba voyages and 7-day Dominican Republic voyages. The Cuba voyages were selling out with insides going for $300/person/day.

The Dominican Republic cruises were going for as little as $40/person/day. The itinerary was changed to add one port in Cuba in order to entice more people to book the cruise.

Being only profitable on 50% of the voyages, the ship will, as you said, end these itineraries and be returned to the Carnival Corp. brand it came from.

We booked a sky suite on Millennium 1 April 18 Shanghai to Tokyo 14 days, with free premium drink pkg, free unlimited internet, free gratuities and 300 onboard credit for $4400pp. I went on to see if any bigger suites opened up as I want a bit more room and the same suite next to me is now $8800pp. Without perks! Wow! Think I will stay put. Looks like prices have skyrocketed at least on my cruise.

TA 14 day on Royal (inside 499 plus 100 OBC -- 35 per day or Balcony 899 plus 100 OBC -- 64 per day), but doesn't work with schedule.

Celebrity: Century --1998 & 2013; Constellation -- 2007 & 2010; Solstice -- 2009; Silhouette -- 2011; Eclipse -- 2014 & 2015

Royal: Grandeur of the Seas -- 2008 x2; Jewel of the Seas -- 2007; Monarch of the Seas -- 2002

Princess: Sun Princess -- 2004 & 2006; Caribbean Princess -- 2005

TA 14 day on Royal (inside 499 plus 100 OBC -- 35 per day or Balcony 899 plus 100 OBC -- 64 per day), but doesn't work with schedule.

Celebrity: Century --1998 & 2013; Constellation -- 2007 & 2010; Solstice -- 2009; Silhouette -- 2011; Eclipse -- 2014 & 2015

Royal: Grandeur of the Seas -- 2008 x2; Jewel of the Seas -- 2007; Monarch of the Seas -- 2002

Princess: Sun Princess -- 2004 & 2006; Caribbean Princess -- 2005

That is a good price.

Well, thinking way, way ahead, I just put down the $100 pp deposit on a 5-day cruise to Cozumel on Infinity for Dec. 17th of 2018. Got an AquaClass cabin for $789 pp with $300 OBC for the room. Plus they upgraded us to the aft Sky deck cabin with the double-sized balcony for no extra charge. That's a long, long way away, but it also happens to be our 25th wedding anniversary year (the actual date is a couple of months before the sail). So, I did more than just keep my eye on this one....(And just as a PS, the Celebrity agent taking the deposit was a friendly and very helpful and knowledgeable British gentleman named John whose charming accent reminded me of one of my favorite TV shows at the moment—The Great British Bake Off, which is on Netflix.) Anyway, something to look forward to.

This is a great topic. Can anyone tell me where is the best place to look for deals or do I have to do it on my own by checking prices daily? I looked at one site about going on vacation and it seems good so I think I will just check out discount cruise sites for ideas and then check it out on my own. Is that the best way to go about it? In the past, I have booked directly with the cruise line or used my cc "miles" and booked through them. Thanks.

We booked a sky suite on Millennium 1 April 18 Shanghai to Tokyo 14 days, with free premium drink pkg, free unlimited internet, free gratuities and 300 onboard credit for $4400pp. I went on to see if any bigger suites opened up as I want a bit more room and the same suite next to me is now $8800pp. Without perks! Wow! Think I will stay put. Looks like prices have skyrocketed at least on my cruise.

I'm on the same sailing. The ship is part chartered which meant that the suite prices have been very high for some time. I suspect my plans of snagging a CS or RS are well and truly sunk on that one!

This is a great topic. Can anyone tell me where is the best place to look for deals or do I have to do it on my own by checking prices daily? I looked at one site about going on vacation and it seems good so I think I will just check out discount cruise sites for ideas and then check it out on my own. Is that the best way to go about it? In the past, I have booked directly with the cruise line or used my cc "miles" and booked through them. Thanks.

Celebrity Cruises has a "best price guarantee," and it seems like they will match any price you can find elsewhere.

For my upcoming cruise in June on Equinox, a famous online travel agency couldn't do any better than what I got directly from Celebrity.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/best-price-guarantee

Edited by benjaminhuf

$399 for a transatlantic on Celebrity? I've never seen it that low. I think the lowest I've seen is c. 599. Is that a "secret price" of some kind from your TA or from Celebrity?

The jigs up on transatlantics with the cruise lines. It used to be that they practically had to give them away to sail full. They now realise how popular they now are and if the companies make even the slightest of effort for a decent itinerary with more than 3 stops between Barcelona to Miami or Southampton to Miami they have no problem in selling it out.

Transatlantic cruises have gotten much more popular in the last few years, and prices have crept up with demand but they are still an outstanding value. April of 2016 a 13 night T/A on Constellation was only $389pp for an inside. Four years ago, I got a 15 night T/A on Reflection for $449pp inside.

Switched to Royal for lower prices on the last few cruises... 17 April, 14 night T/A on Brilliance OTS is at $491pp right now, and their Diamond (Elite) Lounge benefits are even better than X.

That is my go to place for watching prices daily. Tuesday is special day and some of the prices are hidden. Interested in a particular ship? Click on the cruise line, find the ship and click on "show me the deals" I used to book direct but met a big line cruise broker on board once and have been using him ever since because he will give me 10% of $$ spent in OBC. Cannot post it here and wish this site had IM.

For what it's worth, I have experienced far better service booking a cabin near the suites and CC cabins do come with foot stools. What is bad service? That's a new thread to start.

We got a nice rate for what will be our 25th wedding anniversary cruise on Infinity on the 17th of December of 2018. I first booked an AquaClass cabin at the aft of the ship with a large balcony (1141) for $789 for this 5-night in the Caribbean. It came with 1 perk, and I went with the $150 pp OBC.

But then a day later I decided on a whim to look up the price of a Sky Suite, and it was $1039, which is $250 more pp. But with the suite, as you all probably know, on some dates you can get 4 perks instead of 1. Trying to add up what those perks might be worth this is what I came up with:

Prepaid tips c. $75 pp

Internet c. $75 pp

Drinks Pkg c. $250 pp

Unless I'm missing something, the perks alone add up to about $400 pp. Does that seem more or less right? And the biggest upgrade is getting a bigger and nicer room and a bathtub. And although really probably the MDR is good enough for us most nights, and Blu would be an amazing treat, probably Luminae is even better. The bigger room alone seems worth $200 pp.

It's the classic "the more you buy the more you save" lol! But in this case doesn't it seem true? Or am I fooling myself?

My one regret was the smaller balcony (although those aft AQ balconies are right next to a bar, and apparently noise is sometimes an issue late at night/early morning), but when I called up Celebrity we were able to get a free upgrade from an S2 to an S1, specifically 6132, which also has a large veranda.

My one question now is whether it's worth it to see if either 6145 or 6146 is available. As some of you know, the advantages of these rooms is the balcony (which is also larger) has more wind protection so that you're more likely to be able to eat out there. Plus the bathrooms are larger and include not just a tub but a separate shower (!). Not sure how useful that might be. The disadvantage of these rooms is that apparently you can get noise from the parties from the people who book the huge Penthouse next door, which has a connecting room.

Anyone have any thoughts about 6131/6132 vs 6145/6146 on M-class ships?

That is my go to place for watching prices daily. Tuesday is special day and some of the prices are hidden. Interested in a particular ship? Click on the cruise line, find the ship and click on "show me the deals" I used to book direct but met a big line cruise broker on board once and have been using him ever since because he will give me 10% of $$ spent in OBC. Cannot post it here and wish this site had IM.

For what it's worth, I have experienced far better service booking a cabin near the suites and CC cabins do come with foot stools. What is bad service? That's a new thread to start.

Can you please send me an email as to what big cruise broker you use: avalondr at knology dot net. By the way, we will be on the Transatlantic Cruise 2016 Eclipse with you.

Deb