Edge Sky Suites - What's the Scoop?

vtcruising

6 minutes ago, jsea said:

If you go to 19:20 of this video, you will find the view from the bathroom window out:

Ohboy, ohboy,  ohboy!  So long til Feb. 10.  Now so many great pics and videos to see, thanks to CCers who are being so generous with their time.  Someone posted what The Retreat looks like just a few moments ago..  Sorry but can’t locate it again.

54 minutes ago, alishac said:

I love that the bathroom has a little makeup table with a seat. I haven't seen that before in other photos of the Sky Suite bathrooms.

Solves the issue that reg staterooms have...no drawer near the little pull out desk/ makeup table 

59 minutes ago, hcat said:

Solves the issue that reg staterooms have...no drawer near the little pull out desk/ makeup table 

Question...do the reg  staterooms, AQ and Concierge, also have the nice embroidered towels? Or just the suites?

17 minutes ago, Bret2010 said:

I notice that the Sky Suite we've booked (S2), lists that it has a Convertible Sofa Bed? The only sofa I've seen so far in pictures and videos is the Chaise style sofa. Has anyone come across a picture of this as yet?

Actually I just saw this Convertible Sofa Bed in one of the video tours of a Royal Suite, which the deck plan indicates has one as well. 

I assume this must be the couch or similar, which I'm kind of glad about as the Chaise Lounge doesn't look comfortable for two!

1297149205_ConvertibleSofa.jpg.472eff9b7fb13dae3795d731dcc0335f.jpg

52 minutes ago, Bret2010 said:

I notice that the Sky Suite we've booked (S2), lists that it has a Convertible Sofa Bed? The only sofa I've seen so far in pictures and videos is the Chaise style sofa. Has anyone come across a picture of this as yet?

Interesting point. I just looked on the deck plan and it turns out my particular S1 Sky Suite has a convertible sofa too (not all of them do). That would be great if it turns out to be a real sofa and not that chaise lounge. Didn’t look like that was comfortable for more than one person to sit on at a time.

13 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Interesting point. I just looked on the deck plan and it turns out my particular S1 Sky Suite has a convertible sofa too (not all of them do). That would be great if it turns out to be a real sofa and not that chaise lounge. Didn’t look like that was comfortable for more than one person to sit on at a time.

Y'all must use your cabins differently than I do.  I can't remember 2 people using the sofa at the same time - usually one is on the sofa, one is in the chair (or on the balcony or sitting on their bed).  The only situation I could imagine for 2 on the sofa would be both are trying to read from the same thing... which never happens as I always ask for 2 daily planners. 

Edited by BurBunny

15 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I saw a photo of one cabin and the sofa was a sofa... sat much higher than that lounge thing

4 minutes ago, BurBunny said:

Y'all must use your cabins differently than I do.  I can't remember 2 people using the sofa at the same time - usually one is on the sofa, one is in the chair (or on the balcony or sitting on their bed).  The only situation I could imagine for 2 on the sofa would be both are trying to read from the same thing... which never happens as I always ask for 2 daily planners. 

Sitting to have some snacks, sitting to watch the TV. On the S class Sky Suites we would sit on the couch with the coffee table in front of us (not included on Edge) to have our room service breakfast. Lots of different ways that two people could use a couch...

4 hours ago, luckylissette said:

I’m going to have my staterooms walk through live at 4pm with a live chat for all who wish to join and ask questions. 

Thanks for sharing your video with us. I just watched it and know exactly which suite to book when I hit the Lotto :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BurBunny said:

Yup....having snacks, drinks, etc,.. Esp when there was a coffee table

Having visitors...

Just now, hcat said:

Yup....having snacks, drinks, etc,.. Esp when there was a coffee table

Having visitors...

Okay, visitors is a valid point.  I do remember a few such occasions.

But definitely don't recall using that way to dine with room service - always across in that situation, and usually together out on the balcony for drinks.  I guess I'm just an odd bunny.

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Just got back from that suite. The guy in there told me it was an S 2 but that the MC has just gone past so I figured it was an S3. A really nice suite. Large balcony.  

I complained about the lack of footstools and bigger tables on the balcony that I was used to in sky suites. The guy showing the room said that he thought it wasn’t the final furniture. He took my card and will call me back about the whole reason why some beds face ocean and others don’t and about the furniture. 

Loved the suite - much better than the renditions!

VT - Thanks for the feedback on the Sky Suites and photos of the S3.

Its interesting that the guy you spoke with thought it wasn't the final furniture. For a balcony that large, did he say anything about the lack of a lounge chair?

For those who have sailed Celebrity before and inaugural sailings, is it typical for them to change update the furniture writhing the first few weeks after delivery? 

15 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Sitting to have some snacks, sitting to watch the TV. On the S class Sky Suites we would sit on the couch with the coffee table in front of us (not included on Edge) to have our room service breakfast. Lots of different ways that two people could use a couch...

Agreed. We used the sofa in a Grand Suite on Harmony OTS the same way you describe above. In fact the TV is directly in front of the sofa. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Under the sink, in the Concierge and Infinite Veranda cabins, there is also a pull-out drawer for things like your make-up, contacts, etc.  I didn't notice if the suites had this, and I'm going to assume that the single and interior had this since they are similar rooms.

39 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

VT - Thanks for the feedback on the Sky Suites and photos of the S3.

Its interesting that the guy you spoke with thought it wasn't the final furniture. For a balcony that large, did he say anything about the lack of a lounge chair?

For those who have sailed Celebrity before and inaugural sailings, is it typical for them to change update the furniture writhing the first few weeks after delivery? 

Not that we’ve experienced. On all the Inaugural sailings we have been on, no furniture was swapped out. But things have been accelerated with Edge, so who knows? 😉

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Question...do the reg  staterooms, AQ and Concierge, also have the nice embroidered towels? Or just the suites?

The symbol on the suite towels is the Retreat symbol. I’m in concierge now and we love the nice new fluffy towels. Not huge but nice towels! 

image.thumb.jpg.e07d94f329f3a4e7daee6b4fa685d227.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bret2010 said:

I did see one in a stateroom today that had some sort of hinge and someone said it was a sofa bed. I took about 300 pix today - I’ll look back through. 😀

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

I did see one in a stateroom today that had some sort of hinge and someone said it was a sofa bed. I took about 300 pix today - I’ll look back through. 😀

Was it like the one in the Celebrity Suite? That looks like it had a convertible sofa, like the kind IKEA has where the sleeper part is stored under the sofa and it just rolls out and pulls up. 

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Not that we’ve experienced. On all the Inaugural sailings we have been on, no furniture was swapped out. But things have been accelerated with Edge, so who knows? 😉

I don’t know if he was in the know - he may have been postulating, but I do know I wasn’t the only one to say something. He was taking notes and said he was going to check into it since he had heard this from more than one person (and the paying cruisers haven’t even boarded yet!). He has my card and said he would get back to me. We will see. 

Just now, luckylissette said:

Under the sink, in the Concierge and Infinite Veranda cabins, there is also a pull-out drawer for things like your make-up, contacts, etc.  I didn't notice if the suites had this, and I'm going to assume that the single and interior had this since they are similar rooms.

Is there a   shallow or small drawer near  the pull out table. ?  Some said there was no drawer nearby   just a dummy feature ..Where is the hair dryer stored,?

.Generally hair brushes,  dryers and such are stowed  in a drawer near the outlet and a mirror. I assume the pullout  table is in place of a vanity in reg cabins.or I guess for a laptop ?  

Prefer S  and M class with full desk/ vanity...with drawers, plugs etc  For a week , I'm sure we'll manage but why it was set up this way is a puzzle...like a bad dorm room .

11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

The symbol on the suite towels is the Retreat symbol. I’m in concierge now and we love the nice new fluffy towels. Not huge but nice towels! 

image.thumb.jpg.e07d94f329f3a4e7daee6b4fa685d227.jpg

These look nice enough...assume AQ class will have the same..

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Is there a   shallow or small drawer near  the pull out table. ?  Some said there was no drawer nearby   just a dummy feature ..Where is the hair dryer stored,?

.Generally hair brushes,  dryers and such are stowed  in a drawer near the outlet and a mirror. I assume the pullout  table is in place of a vanity in reg cabins.or I guess for a laptop ?  

Prefer S  and M class with full desk/ vanity...with drawers, plugs etc  For a week , I'm sure we'll manage but why it was set up this way is a puzzle...like a bad dorm room .

If you look at VTCruisings pictures above of the pull out table, the white dresser is actually a refrigerator. The dresser next to that is all drawers that are sectioned off into two sections inside (I used it for his & hers stuff). If you notice the white box sitting on top of the fridge, that stores outlets to plug in things like your cell phones (it has USB plugs) and can be used for a hair dryer. The hairdryer in the two rooms I was in was stored in two different places, so it may not be in the same place in the room you book. In one, it was in the pull out drawer in the bathroom, in the other is was in a closet shelf, but it's stored in a bag and you can use it wherever you're most comfortable. The bathroom has a plug by the sink as well, so if you're more comfortable doing your hair in the bathroom, you have that option.

4 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Ah, so that round thing was a footstool not a little table. Well, there's a solution (for one person in the room at least) for a footstool for the balcony. Again, I'm still disappointed in the lack of even a small coffee table in the room. Ordering room service for us seems unlikely for our first Edge cruise.

It can be used as a footstool, or just a little stool to sit on. I used it to sit when I Facetimed my kids with my husband and to store dirty clothes inside of it. The top is actually cushioned.

Edited by luckylissette