Marketing Advise - Free from a New York Professional

Hey Royal,

Please stop the nickle and diming of your Loyal Guests, with the $7.95 room service charge as the latest item and stop the non stop hawking of products, during boarding, both in the terminal and while coming aboard.

Your roll out of the RS fee was a total disaster.

Here my free marketing strategy, submitted by a very successful and retired professional.

One - No upselling in the terminal or while boarding, but please take our picture.

Two - Greet all passengers on board, with a friendly hello, by the DC staff with a plastic flute of bubbley, your cost about .50 per guest, and a little live music.

Three - Free room service for all breakfast items.

Four - Comp room service, during regular hours as a C&A benefit based on length of cruise and status.

Five - Raise all prices $25-$50-$75-$100 per person to cover your revenue projections, a seemless process with all your sales and promotions.

AND

Roll this out with the same timing as a new ship being introduced to the fleet.

Bring the WOW back...you will make MORE money!

Is anyone at Royal listening......unless of coarse the strategy is to cull out the High Number of Diamond and D+ Sailing Guests.

Respectfully submitted.

Hey Royal,

Please stop the nickle and diming of your Loyal Guests, with the $7.95 room service charge as the latest item and stop the non stop hawking of products, during boarding, both in the terminal and while coming aboard.

Here my free marketing strategy, submitted by a very successful and retired professional.

One - No upselling in the terminal or while boarding, but please take our picture.

Two - Greet all passengers on board, with a friendly hello, by the DC staff with a plastic flute of bubbley, your cost about .50 per guest, and a little live music.

Four - Comp room service, during regular hours as a C&A benefit based on length of cruise and status.

Five - Raise all prices $25-$50-$75-$100 per person to cover your revenue projections, a seemless process with all your sales and promotions.

AND

Is anyone at Royal listening......unless of coarse the strategy is to cull out the High Number of Diamond and D+ Sailing Guests.

Respectfully submitted.

Oh Boy! I'm sure they will take your advice to the next corporate board meeting!....K.O. :rolleyes:

Hey Royal,

I don´t have as much a Problem with upselling than with the constant Picture taking and especially slowing down the Boarding.

Please save the cost for some cheap bubbly and keep my cruise fare down. If Folks like the OP are in such desperate Need of bubbly right at Boarding swipe their Card and Charge them not me.

There´s plenty of places onboard to get included breakfast items. I applaude to you for charging the lazy Folks who Need to get it brought to their cabin.

I like the Business model where the customer only pays for stuff he uses. I see no reason to pay for your extras with a raise of my cruise fare.

AND

Respectfully submitted.

Hey Royal,

don´t listen to the drivel submitted to you By the OP, he´s not at all speaking for all your loyal cruisers.

Respectfully submitted.

Good post Paulxyz2004. We have rarely used room service as we found it to be slow and the food only okay. I will be more inclined to buy now if the service is indeed quicker and the food is better. If not, I don't think that I will have any trouble finding plenty of food on board.

I wonder how much internet forum based CEOs and marketeers make?

I wish I had a job like that. I'll be on the Anthem in a week (8 days) and then the Adventure at the end of May. I'm going to enjoy both despite the No DD Whiners and No Free Room Service Whiners. Hopefully the Adventure will have the pay Room Service and I'll quickly see if the service is better (quicker) and the food is better … if not, then I'll only get it once.

If you're genuine about these suggestions, have you considered actually submitting them to Royal directly??? Cruise Critic is not Royal Caribbean and the chances of your post being read by anyone who might make changes is slim

That whole announcing your name and cheering thing sounds tacky and makes me cringe. However, everything Disney related does. If you want, I can arrange to have someone clap when you walk through the door. We could probably arrange for a band since you are obviously royalty.