Purchasing onboard credit prior to cruise?

Our cruise is paid in full. Is it possible to purchase onboard credit, so that we have some of this expense already taken care of?

If so, can we do it online, or do we need to call?

Thanks.

You need to call: 800-722-5443

If your Cdn or for any Cdn out there wondering about this too...ask them what the exchange rate is. The CSR I got couldn't tell me the exchange rate but could tell me what $100 usd would be in Cdn (facepalm).

In any case it was 1 to 1.42..where as when I paid the grats, that exchange rate was 1 to 1.32. And when I put my future cruise credit deposit for the cruise I just got off, it was 1 to 1.25.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I just did this for relatives sailing.

You need to call. I looked at RCCL's site and saw the gift certificate thing. The guy I spoke to said the best thing to do is to call and not to bother to buy gift certificates and then having them redeemed before the cruise. You can do it in any denomination.

You need to call: 800-722-5443

Couldn't you just purchase a gift certificate through Royal Gifts and then redeem that certificate through Royal Gifts for OBC? Looking through the website I don't see why this isn't possible.

Couldn't you just purchase a gift certificate through Royal Gifts and then redeem that certificate through Royal Gifts for OBC? Looking through the website I don't see why this isn't possible.

You can but going direct is so much easier IMO (and the guy concurred on the phone). You have to buy it and then redeem it 14 days before the cruise. Calling it in, it is just there. Plus, you are limited to $50 increments online and on the phone it can be anything.

I was glad to call because I wanted something between $50 an $100.

I think when you call the limit is 500 per person. I'd like to know what the OBC rate is for Canadians. I know it changes often

Someone posted above that it was 1.42. Better off buying your US money at your bank. It doesn't change often. It was a year at 1.10 then over a year at 1.40 and now apparently at 1.42.

We have purchased them both ways. Via the website & by calling. As mentioned earlier the ones purchased on line you have to go on the website & redeem them and call and ask for a print out to ensure all are accounted for. It can be a HUGE headache. Last year on our Allure cruise we had purchased over $1400 & it was a nightmare redeeming them all. They were $50- $100 each. We redeemed them once final payment was made & decided to switch from a grand suite to a Owners suite & they took all of that and applied towards the difference. When I say H/A that's putting it mildly. We didn't want to have to go through the process of repurchase, only wanted to pay the difference. So this year we are just calling and buying through the 1-800 # & they will send you an invoice showing the amount.

Call direct, Do not buy the certificates. I went through HECK getting them to get it right after I submitted them online. Had to go all the way to Bayley's office to get it fixed right. Did end up with an extra $100 for my troubles though. That was nice.