Status match question

SquishTheWhale

uote=nickie2000;52723461]hello skier 52, I see your full of knowledge , been seeing some of your replies and I appreciate all your input, so i'm emerald, what would put me to in msc, I'm planiing on doing a cruise wiith them for the first time, on the msc armonia, can you tell me how msc is different from royal, what am I to expect cause been sort of reading bad reviews on msc, which I know some reviews are somewhat meaning less, also one thing ive been researching and can't understand at the buffet for lunch people say the drinks are to be paid? is this true, don't they offer coffee, or juices?

all been given vouchers for 12 drinks, says beer, wine and cocktail drinks? now cocktail drinks is it with alchol? of they virgin cocktail drinks? looking forward to hear from you thank you.

Status match:-

this is a copy of a recent post

I just emailed msc status match a picture of my c&a society status with which im emerald and they emailed my status back within 24hrs no forms to fill in and they automatically gave me 5% off with out asking. Emerald on rccl got me black card with msc. Over the moon

Lunch time drinks:-

On all the MSC ships I've been on the buffet has drinks stations, giving coffee ; hot water for tea; and water and a fruit drink. However this is not true of the MDR where drinks have to be bought

Vouchers:-

AS far as I know the vouchers allow you to have drinks from a limited selection from the bar list. but it varies from region to region and i'm not fully au fait with the US system in the Caribbean

sorry about that one.

Pete

Status match sounds an interesting concept so will try it if we can. We are gold on Fred Olsen and silver on P&O, but are wondering if they will accept Fred as status match since it is such a different sort of cruise line, or do they just accept the lines that have big ships.

Must admit we are quite nervous about trying MSC, but sometimes you just want a bit more flexibility and a good balcony means we do not have to fight for space on deck which will be a prob on the big ships. We tend to use ships as a means of getting from one place to another and become well known by security on Fred ships as we are often the last back on board and always go off the ship when we have a night on port!

Status match sounds an interesting concept so will try it if we can. We are gold on Fred Olsen and silver on P&O, but are wondering if they will accept Fred as status match since it is such a different sort of cruise line, or do they just accept the lines that have big ships.

Sorry that should have been Mediterranean on P&O - shows how many P&O cruises we have done of late!

• 2 weeks later...

it goes by level, so if your still bronze then it won't matter changing now or later, but if your not planning to cruise on a msc yet, but have other cruises to do, wait until you move level higher to do the match with MSC, as its a one shot deal,

plus really does not give you a great advantage right now if your not doing a booking with msc....

my suggestion, if your cruising on the ncl, and you have a few nights to go to move to next level, wait till your on next level, to actually do the match with msc

hope this helps

Hi,

Sorry, I know there's a lot of threads on here about status match, but I have a bit of a specific question. I want to apply for status match from NCL to MSC. At the moment I'm bronze on NCL with 10 points (10 nights). In October I'll have 24 points- which annoyingly is still Bronze after NCL recently moved the goal posts for Silver.

Should I wait to status match until October- will the points difference make a difference to which MSC tier I'm matched to? Or will NCL Bronze always be matched to MSC Classic?

I've tried to work out the equivalent points value in MSC but can't due to the experience based points system.

I posted that im emerald with rccl and got black with msc but after checking the email properly it had the wrong name so i contacted roxanne at the uk offices and she corrected the details and i was actually gold. So emerald rccl definitely gets GOLD MSC

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Diamond with rccl gives you black card it would stand to reason that elite with celebrity would be black card also. But this is just a theory based on being diamond on rccl would get you elite status when sailing on celebrity as they are sister lines.

I can confirm this. I applied for my husband based on his Elite status on Celebrity just this morning, and this afternoon he got the email giving him Black status on MSC.

I put in for the status match . Idid one requestor me and one for my husband. I received a confirming EMail a few days later with I think a 7 didget number with a picture of the blackcard. But I never got one for my husband. Is it necesary to get one for each person ordo they only send one per couple?

I put in for the status match . Idid one requestor me and one for my husband. I received a confirming EMail a few days later with I think a 7 didget number with a picture of the blackcard. But I never got one for my husband. Is it necesary to get one for each person ordo they only send one per couple?

One per person is the best option

pete

If your husband submitted an equivalent application, then they should give him the same status, too. But they would send it to him. If you used the same e-mail address for both applications, this may have confused their system and it didn't send the second notification, or it didn't process the second application at all. You should probably call MSC.

If your husband submitted an equivalent application, then they should give him the same status, too. But they would send it to him. If you used the same e-mail address for both applications, this may have confused their system and it didn't send the second notification, or it didn't process the second application at all. You should probably call MSC.

This is what I was thinking may have happened. im gonna try it again for him using a different EMail.

Thanks

Kim:p

Not sure if anyone can answer this question or not.My sister has 10 points with Royal which is their Gold level.With NCL she has 40 points which is their silver level.Would she be better off doing her status match with NCL rather than Royal?Thank you.

My sister has 10 points with Royal which is their Gold level.With NCL she has 40 points which is their silver level.Would she be better off doing her status match with NCL rather than Royal?
I believe that either one will match to the lowest level on MSC (i.e. Classic, with only 1 point), but if she wants any chance of matching higher, she should of course use her NCL status.

I believe that either one will match to the lowest level on MSC (i.e. Classic, with only 1 point), but if she wants any chance of matching higher, she should of course use her NCL status.

Hi.Thanks very much.When we have sailed in September do they add the cruise points on from that cruise?We are doing a weeks cruise in an Aurea balcony cabin.

I just did the Status Match from Carnival Gold to MSC Silver. I have a booking coming up in May. I called to get the 5% discount, but could not. I was already getting the Military discount and they do no combine discounts. I am OK with that. The Military one is higher right now anyway.

This is just FYI in case anyone else try's, that is why. It is also on their web site if you search for Discounts.

• 1 month later...
I am an Elite Member with Princess. Cruising with MSC in October for the first time. How does the Status Match thing work. What do they require and what do they request from Princess. Any help would be great. Thank You

I am elite with Princess too. I logged into my Princess account and took a screenshot of the corner of the page, where it has my Captain's Club number and my name and shows that I am Elite. I sent that to MSC with my status match form and got matched to black.

Thanks for that. Does my wife automatically get the black card too or do I need to submit her details and Elite membership card also?

Your wife will have to submit her information for her own black card number.

However, the perks follow each person, so you would each receive a bottle of champagne, each receive a dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant (so you can dine together 2 nights free), etc.

Just had our Status Match confirmed, now Black Card Holders. Looking forward to seeing what perks we get now. The priority boarding is the big one for us travelling with a 2 year old. Can anyone tell me the other perks we can expect on Fantasia.

Just had our Status Match confirmed, now Black Card Holders. Looking forward to seeing what perks we get now. The priority boarding is the big one for us travelling with a 2 year old. Can anyone tell me the other perks we can expect on Fantasia.

Congratulations. Just to clarify: you won't get 2 bottles of champagne on Fantasia. You will get one bottle of Prosecco and a plate of chocolate coated fruit. Nobody gets champagne anymore. Priority boarding is probably the most beneficial perk, though you do get to try out the Speciality Restaurant for free with dinner for 2 (x2 as both Black Card holders).

Here's a link to the benefits:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53205775&postcount=4

I was told it matches to silver. I haven't tried it yet, but that was the answer I received on this board when asked.

Yes, Gold on Carnival matches to Silver on MSC - just got my Match...DH got Back because of his Platinum with Marriott.