Dinner in an Owners Suite

Wow... This thread has lots of turns and twists and mud flinging everywhere!!

Without taking sides or even getting in the middle of it all, the fact of the matter is there is probably not enough space to seat 6 for dinner on the balcony. You can however fit 6 at the dinner table in the suite. If they can not find 2 chairs for you, just bring in 2 chairs from the balcony.

If you do decide to dine in the cabin vs a specialty restaurant, there are pros and cons to consider. If you stagger the dinner order, there is no telling how long it will take between deliveries. (tipping extra per trip wouldn't make a difference but is always nice) They have thousands of people to serve during dinner hours. If you order all at once, some of the stuff won't be as warm as it was when it was delivered

We have had a breakfast delivered to our GS (ate on balcony) and a dinner delivered to our OS (ate in suite) ... Personally, I love being on the balcony but I doubt I will ever dine on one again, unless I was sitting at a port or just having coffee and a muffin. It can get very windy and cause it to be too loud to have an intimate party.

Just my 2 cents Take your party to one of the specialty restaurants for dinner and have a cake delivered to the cabin for your daughter

There is no where that says you can only have dinner in the room and not on the balcony, let alone that it has to be for the max number of guests in the cabin. Where is the link to this fictional information?

The Point of the discussion was not if it´s allowed to have dinner on the balcony or if it´s allowed to have dinner in the Suite with more People than the max number of guests in the cabin.

The Point was about what the Room was designed for. The OS is equipped with a dinner table for four (max. guests for this room). There is no dinner table for four out on the balcony. So again not designed for that.

Sure you can have dinner with more pople inside the room or out on the balcony if you can make do with what´s provided. You can´t however expect it to happen saying the room was designed for it.

Who says you can't ask? As for offering financial inducement - if it helps why not. It might even help if OP contacts RCCL in case they can make special arrangements with enough notice.

As long as the OP is prepared for a disappointing answer or to make do, the trolling should stop now!

The question I was answering wasn't about 6 on the balcony, it was having full dinner in your cabin at all.

We did 4 on 2 tables for Thanksgiving. It was really cool. And it was a GS not an OS.

But OP wants to do dinner for six on the balcony. Whether you did dinner for two on the balcony or dinner for four in the cabin would be totally irrelevant.

I'm with those who suggest a specialty restaurant.

When we've stayed in a suite and ordered from the MDR, the food is too cold too fast. Not to mention you have to serve yourself when switching courses, there's no one to refill your water or replace the fork you dropped on the floor. It was actually disappointing after the buildup of the idea.

I mean, sure, you could order one course at a time, but then you're stuck in the order and wait cycle of room service for multiple courses.

But OP wants to do dinner for six on the balcony. Whether you did dinner for two on the balcony or dinner for four in the cabin would be totally irrelevant.

OK.

But I, as in me, myself, and I, was answering that it's really awesome to have dinner on your balcony. And in the context of that question, it was relevant. Just because you are asking a tangential question does not make it irrelevant- it just does not apply to you.

I personally think they should try. OS balconies are bigger than GSs, and I'm sure we could have easily done 4. It's is daughter's birthday- go for it.

You can have large parties in the cabins- so they are quite capable of holding more than 4 people other than sleeping. And those parties do leak out on to balconies- so it's also reasonable to consider having a family dinner outside. Not sure why I should be that worried if my neighbor *might* want to be outside when I really want to.

The only real question is if you fit. And for that, it's worth trying.

I'm with those who suggest a specialty restaurant.

When we've stayed in a suite and ordered from the MDR, the food is too cold too fast. Not to mention you have to serve yourself when switching courses, there's no one to refill your water or replace the fork you dropped on the floor. It was actually disappointing after the buildup of the idea.

I mean, sure, you could order one course at a time, but then you're stuck in the order and wait cycle of room service for multiple courses.

Given that most of us already do that at home, well....

OK, thank you everyone who was helpful, to those of you who wanted to to say things that were not helpful, I thank you also! This is a picture of an Owners Suite! it is only meant for illustration purposes only, you can clearly see that there is a ton of room in the cabin and also a vast balcony! I plan on asking our concierge to help make my only child's 18th birthday special by finding out what we can do to accommodate an extra 2 people in our cabin and I hope we don't get thrown off at the first port by asking!:'):'):rolleyes: I won't be checking this thread any longer, I simply wanted to know if anyone had done dinner in the room or balcony! Once again some of you folks were very helpful, I thank you for that and for the ones who stuck up for me I am very grateful!

Anthem.JPG.46c84bf271c3e54005db5b4fb3ebc9c2.JPG

Some people on here are so nasty without good reason. They should learn "if you can't say anything nice, say nothing"

I hope it all works out for you and you have a wonderful time celebrating your daughter's 18th. :D

to the OP...I have to agree with those who say that dinner in your suite is probably not going to be as lovely and special as you might think unless the courses are brought and served separately. If all the food is brought all at once , stuff is going to get cold, soggy, warm, limp or whatever it is not supposed to be. Maybe you could ask for and pay for (obviously) a server to help alleviate the problem. I don't even know if they will do this, but you can always ask. Good Luck and Happy BD to your daughter!:)