Live from the LIBERTY of the SEAS 3/26/17 sailing

A TRIP OF FIRSTS

With typical excitement of most vacations, our group of 24 head off towards Galveston tomorrow to join the LOS and her voyage on 3/26/17. One multi-generational family, a family celebrating two college graduations, and a selection of couples traveling along for a fun filled week.

This will be my first RCCL cruise. Celebrity, HAL, and Oceania are my previous experiences.

I'm looking forward to the entire experience not as much as a comparison as to take it for what it is.

This will be a first where we will not be flying into the debarkation port but utilizing an itinerary and ship where driving is more than acceptable. To me, that takes some of the stress away.

This will also be the first truly mega ship that we will have ventured on. The Solstice Class ships by Celebrity being the largest so far.

We will experience all 3 specialty dining venues for the first time.

I've tempered my expectations to the point that it will be fairly easy to beat them. Having come off of an Oceania 10 day voyage on the Marina the first of February, we come to this to focus on enjoying family that is thrilled to be taking ONE vacation this year together.

So I may not be first in line to board the ship Sunday (stuck with yet another Coast Guard inspection). I definitely won't be the first to review the ship. In fact, I'm not even sure what we'll do first once onboard. But I'll report to those who follow along for the sake of sharing info with this community that so generously shares and posts for all of us.

This cruise is about building those memories that will remain with us forever. No matter the kid count or the lines. No matter the décor or the food selection. We'll see what Liberty of the Seas will provide for us this week as a venue to do just that.

So on Sunday we will embark and I'll report our impressions from the very first to the last.

Bravo and Bon Voyage! In a world where critiques and complaints abound, I applaud your attitude and grace.

I will sail this ship in six weeks with my grown daughter. My crusing experiences lay mostly with Celebrity and Disney, still I am so excited to be sharing precious time with my girl.

Have an amazing time. I am certain that you will.

Dawn

Take good care of her....our group of 17 will be embarking as your wonderful vacation comes to an end (don't even think about that now ;p) Our trip will be the very first time our entire immediate family could all travel together so we're very excited. Have so much fun and enjoy every single minute of it! Bon Voyage!!

Following. We will be boarding the Liberty next Sunday 4/2. Looking forward to reading all about your adventures.

Looking at Liberty for April, '19 and wondering what is the nearest airport and how far from the piers. Is it Bush Int'l?

We will be on Liberty May 14, celebrating our son's high school graduation!!! This will be our 4th cruise, all with Royal. Looking forward to your review, the good, the bad, and the honest!!! Have a wonderful vacation!!!