Freedom Out Of San Juan

bigque

Thanks Bob. Do you know when they will open up sailings for Freedom?

That's a mystery. I had expected Freedom today with the other Seasonal Caribbean openings. Now I have no idea.

That's a mystery. I had expected Freedom today with the other Seasonal Caribbean openings. Now I have no idea.

Hmmm Ive been looking every day & no info. Well I will def ask when Im on Allure in May. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hmmm Ive been looking every day & no info. Well I will def ask when Im on Allure in May. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I booked Jewel a few hours ago, I asked about Freedom. Rep said nothing showing on Freedom on his end.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Another negative, the big ships never hit as many islands. So, whereas Adventure stops at 4 or 5, will Freedom stop at only 3 or 4 in order to conserve fuel? One of the reasons to fly to SJ are the port intensive sailings, IMHO anyway.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Forums mobile app

at the captain's corners, the data they've given out seems to show the bigger ships are far more fuel efficient per passenger.

If it was a problem, it would be the size. And of the ports the Adventure goes to, the one that may have a length problem would be St Lucia, seems like (small basin to turn around in). The only difference in the ships is the length...

When I booked Jewel a few hours ago, I asked about Freedom. Rep said nothing showing on Freedom on his end.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

We've been thinking B2B on Freedom winter 19. But did 2 weeks on Jewel this winter and have Adventure for next January both out of SJU. For now just snagged an aft corner B2B on Adventure Feb 2019.:D

Another negative, the big ships never hit as many islands. So, whereas Adventure stops at 4 or 5, will Freedom stop at only 3 or 4 in order to conserve fuel? One of the reasons to fly to SJ are the port intensive sailings, IMHO anyway.

Freedom is barely any larger than Adventure. Very slightly longer, otherwise almost the same ship. That won't have any affect on itineraries.

Freedom is barely any larger than Adventure. Very slightly longer, otherwise almost the same ship. That won't have any affect on itineraries.

To add to this- Wiki has the dimensions....

Adventure is 1020 ft long, and has a beam of 127 ft

Freedom is 1112 ft long and also has a beam of 127 ft.

So it's just 92 feet longer, that's it.

Oh, and longer water vessels use less fuel, as they have less drag- so given the only different dimension is the length- it's possible that the Freedom uses less fuel overall than the Adventure would. These ships spend most of their time going a constant speed, so drag is the primary loss. In other words- the Freedom should make more money if they can fill it than the Adventure would.

Hello I have a quick question ? We booked the Freedom for April 28 ,2018 thru May 6,2018 Eastern but I just read that she will be leaving for a 6 day on May 5,2018 to San Juan.for relocation. Is it possible that they would cancel our cruise? Any suggestions please and thank you.

Hello I have a quick question ? We booked the Freedom for April 28 ,2018 thru May 6,2018 Eastern but I just read that she will be leaving for a 6 day on May 5,2018 to San Juan.for relocation. Is it possible that they would cancel our cruise? Any suggestions please and thank you.

The 6-night reposition cruise starts May 6, 2018.

Not ideal but 14 days in the Southern Caribbean is what we'll need January 2019. So I just booked Jewel!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I opted for Serenade b2b January 2019 😁

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

The itineraries are the same! The Southern routes are very popular. I didn't think they would put a ship there that couldn't continue to travel to the same ports! :cool:

No, they are doing the same amount of islands just in a little bit different order.