Carnival Vista Mar11 Southern Carribean

nu@cruising16

Embarkation -

Airport check-in: Agent apparently in a rush to go home (we were her last customer) and keeps mixing up person/passport.Grade C.

Bus Transfer: Loading of luggage so slow;was told to carry 'hand carry' onto the bus. Driver holding tip jar at exit. Grade C

Terminal Check-in - Had to get one picture retaken - see airport check-in issue. No other issues except for'classy passengers' cutting in front of line. Grade A-

Lido Deck embarkation lunch -

Guy's Burger - soggy bread, greasy burger patty and fries, no taste. Hoping at least it would taste like shake shack or five guys. Grade F

Taco/Burrito Cantina- Best non waited food on the ship. Grade A

Blue Iguana Tequila Bar - wrong drinks 2x, double charged. Grade F

Dinner: YTD Horizon - epic fail - line passed thephoto gallery at 7pm just to get a pager; turned out we had dinner reservation at 555 anyway at 8:30(moved up to 8pm).

555 SteakHouse - nice, worth the extra $$. Grade A.

Deck 8 cabins(across) balcony & interior were fine for 2 each; maybe able to squeeze a 3rd person on the balcony.

Day1 at Sea -

Lido Breakfast - omelet station is good. Rest istypical buffet breakfast food. Could not find smoked salmon(turned out they can be had at the deli station). Juices are way too sweet but coffee were hot and strong. Grade B+

Lounge Chairs - of course your typical chair reserved by towel bit.

Dinner - YTD MDR(Horizon) - Elegant night - most folks are dressed properly(Carnival 'suggested' attire). Restaurant is too busy, work stations in open area, for some strange reason there was dancing by the wait staff (dinner and and show I guess). Our table service was fast & efficient while others seated before us were not. Food is okay - not the FEAST that the menu suggests, lobsters were really small as well.

Day2 - Grand Turk

Breakfast room service. Service: Grade A, Food:Grade B-

Scuba Diving via Blue Water Divers - personal booking. Grade: A

Jack's Shack Beach Bar. Excellent jerk chicken$10. Good local beer $4. Umbrella $10, free chairs. Grade A-

YTD Dining - okay but beginning to dislike the place. Guests are in T-Shirt, shorts, flip-flop etc, all the non-allowed dressattire. Place is just too busy.

Day3 - La Romana DO

Taxi to Dreams - chaotic - $15 RT per person.Grade C

Dreams - nice beach, pools; food & drinks included. Grade A

Dinner: 555 Steakhouse - Grade A

Day4 - Bonaire - self planned activity

KiteBoardingBonaire. Mixed review. Communication:Grade C. Transport - chaotic Grade: C.

Instruction: Grade A. Total Grade B-

Dinner - Mona Lisa in town - excellent - lobster bisque better even than 555's. Grade A

Day5 - Aruba

Segway/Beach - Carnival Tour - per tour description, segway then beach. Apparently Carnival & the local vendor are not in sync as they only have 24 segways. So 24 goes segway, others go the beach first then switch. Bus waited for rest of 'guests' for an hour before heading out, then the above surprise scenario came to the surprise of everyone.Beach was nice - one free drink, free snorkel gear - staff were good. Off-road capable segway was great plus Alberto(guide) was excellent(Grade A). Total experience grade was B- due to unwanted waiting and incorrect tour description.

YTD Dinning - disaster – all good tables are apparently'reserved'. Maitre d’ is USELESS and hostesses are clueless. Grade F. Service was good but whole experience was bad.

Day6-2nd day at Sea

Elegant night - FEAST menu - lol - especially the JUMBO shrimp but at least there was no pager line, wait and table location was okay. Service was good. Grade B

Day7 3rd day at Sea

555 SteakHouse - Grade A. Kudos the Karina and staff. Ditto to the Chefs.

Misc venues/shows/crew reviews:

Pig & Anchor - Yikes - chicken pink in the middle, sour potato salad and the list goes on. Grade F

Seafood Shack - over fried fries, tasteless fish,combined with non-enthusiastic crew = Grade F.

Asian Kitchen Mongolian lunch - nothing special.Grade B.

Deli Station - Grade A

Red Frog Rum Bar - nice barmaid - good drinks-Grade A

Pizzeria - Good. Grade B+

Tides Bar - good drinks, nice bartenders. GradeA.

Bonsai Sushi - nothing special, long wait. GradeB.

Cherry on Top - Grade B, long wait again.

Java café – Grade B, long wait-really nothing special either.

Comedy Shows - Grade A-;Limelight lounge venue -too small, lots of 'blocked' views. Grade C.

Variety shows - Grade B+;Liquid lounge -blocked views, small size, seating on dek 5 not elevated enough so others behind first set of rows needs giraffe size necks to see.

IMAX 3D- Kong -good size, nice seats, sounds; negative is bag popcorn. $12 Grade A-

Dive-Inn Theater - Dr. Strange, popped popcorn but tasteless. Grade A-.

Towel hut - manual recording and look-up. GradeB.

Room Steward - excellent/efficient. Grade A.

Cruise Director & his hommies - good but I don't get the over the top praise from other folks here. GradeA.

Rest of crew(Lido,pool etc) - mixed bag; mostly friendly.Grade B

Debarkation – no issues(hand carry luggage).Customs – fast and efficient.

Would I cruise Carnival again? Not for the price I (over)paid for this one and only if I can get a Havana Aft balcony. Besides there are too many ships/lines to try.

"okay but beginning to dislike the place. Guests are in T-Shirt, shorts, flip-flop etc, all the non-allowed dressattire."

The fact that someone's fabric can have such a detrimental effect on your well being and your enjoyment is puzzling. I could care less what other people around me are wearing and I would much rather focus on having a great time with my family and friends. How does someones attire (or lack thereof) effect you in anyway from enjoying a meal, making memories with your family or friends, and living life to the fullest?

Thought I was back in school for a minute with all the grades.

So the cruise started bad because you assumed the agent was in a rush to get home. If you know for sure you were the last people, could it have been you in a rush to get on board caused the confusion.

Just curious isn't popcorn "popped" that had no flavor. With the amount Carnival needs to make for the pax it was more than likely made ahead of time and definitely isn't as tasty/fresh. That should be expected, they can't just stand and pop it.

Is that your own personal grading scale? Maybe we need a key to understand it better.

I will never understand the obsession with what others are doing or wearing. Does the clothes make the food taste bad? When I eat in main dining I pay attention to my wife and could care less about everyone else.

Nevertheless thanks for sharing your opinion.

Thought I was back in school for a minute with all the grades.

So the cruise started bad because you assumed the agent was in a rush to get home. If you know for sure you were the last people, could it have been you in a rush to get on board caused the confusion.

Just curious isn't popcorn "popped" that had no flavor. With the amount Carnival needs to make for the pax it was more than likely made ahead of time and definitely isn't as tasty/fresh. That should be expected, they can't just stand and pop it.

After finishing with my family, the agent said to someone 'that's it, I can go home now?'. We were not the 'caboose' in the line as well.

The popcorn were being 'popped' by the bartender - freshly made, sadly just no taste.

Is that your own personal grading scale? Maybe we need a key to understand it better.

I will never understand the obsession with what others are doing or wearing. Does the clothes make the food taste bad? When I eat in main dining I pay attention to my wife and could care less about everyone else.

Nevertheless thanks for sharing your opinion.

It's not an obsession when you are surrounded with people in a BIG restaurant and everyone seating close together,

If people can't dress up, go to the Lido Buffet, simple. Yes, it is MY grading scale. As you said, it is my opinion as you do have yours as well.

I was in this cruise also. Did you take the Brewery tour? I thought it was great.

We were tempted to take the tour but decided against it since everything is in the open and can clearly be seen(unless some other things were hidden that we did not know about). We have been to Sam Adams in Boston, Ommegang in Cooperstown NY and various places in VT, NJ brewery tours.

Glad to hear that you did enjoy the tour.

yes it is annoying

But the question is how and why someone having on a different type of fabric annoying? I would suggest to lighten up a little and enjoy life. Enjoy the experiences with the people you love because if you are constantly worrying about the "other" people around you, you are going to look back on your life one day and realize you missed out on what could have been a lot of great memories.

I guess the crowds weren't too bad since you didn't grade them. Everything else is so subjective. Sounds like you

would be better suited for Celebrity cruises. Thanks for the review, we board in 35 days.

After finishing with my family, the agent said to someone 'that's it, I can go home now?'. We were not the 'caboose' in the line as well.

The popcorn were being 'popped' by the bartender - freshly made, sadly just no taste.

Loved the Vista, but they need to figure out the popcorn. It really was tasteless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

Surprised they didn't have a few salt containers next to the popcorn. They had them on Splendor at the bar/popcorn area for the dive in movies - you salt your own. That way those who don't want salt don't have it, and those who do, do!

Thanks about the popcorn. Maybe we will pack a small bottle of popcorn flavoring.

DW and my golf partner love their 🍿!

But the question is how and why someone having on a different type of fabric annoying? I would suggest to lighten up a little and enjoy life. Enjoy the experiences with the people you love because if you are constantly worrying about the "other" people around you, you are going to look back on your life one day and realize you missed out on what could have been a lot of great memories.

It seems that you are constantly annoyed at people that does not conform to your liking either.

You act like you know me and my family.

I guess the crowds weren't too bad since you didn't grade them. Everything else is so subjective. Sounds like you

would be better suited for Celebrity cruises. Thanks for the review, we board in 35 days.

lol, it was a semi rush review, never did really proof read but the crowds overall was(is) fine.

Wishing that you have a great trip.

Yes, perhaps I(we) are suited for smaller ship.

Surprised they didn't have a few salt containers next to the popcorn. They had them on Splendor at the bar/popcorn area for the dive in movies - you salt your own. That way those who don't want salt don't have it, and those who do, do!

Perhaps they do but I did not see one or asked for one but I did not try the popcorn until I reached my seat on the upper deck(hands full with drinks as well).

It seems that you are constantly annoyed at people that does not conform to your liking either.

You act like you know me and my family.

I am not annoyed at all. I enjoy all different types of people (including you). I don't know you, but I do know that life is more enjoyable for everyone when they let the little things go. I like posing questions like the previous one on how and why because if someone can't answer that question, then maybe its something that shouldn't be an issue for them. People have to have reasoning for what they do.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I think the reason they make the ships with different amenities, different sizes, different dress codes ect. is we all have different things that make us happy on vacation. I feel after every cruise I learn more about what type ship I prefer and then go from there. I know some will be happy you can wear shorts and flip flops in the dining room and others will not but at least you let us know and then we can decide. With that being said I appreciate your observations and would find it very hard to criticize your feelings on your experience.