Is this over the top ?

That might take even longer..

Yes, it may well take another 10 years before we have the larger/newer dock in Brisbane, the dolphin for Auckland and the Wellington and Littleton dock repaired. Add another ten years for having more of the other ports around Australia, New Zealand and maybe even the pacific islands able to take the ships as large as the Ovation of the Seas.

Yes, it may well take another 10 years before we have the larger/newer dock in Brisbane, the dolphin for Auckland and the Wellington and Littleton dock repaired. Add another ten years for having more of the other ports around Australia, New Zealand and maybe even the pacific islands able to take the ships as large as the Ovation of the Seas.

New Zealand has far higher priorities for infrastructure dollars over the next 20 years than expanding cruise ship docks up and down the country.

That AKL dolphin looks a goer, but apart from that I can't see any priority being placed on this.

New Zealand has far higher priorities for infrastructure dollars over the next 20 years than expanding cruise ship docks up and down the country.

That AKL dolphin looks a goer, but apart from that I can't see any priority being placed on this.

I agree, but eventually they will need to fix the docks at Wellington and Littleton.

Operationally I understand Wellington is not affected that much.

Mainly that the shuttle into town is mandatory which most people used previously anyway.

Lyttlelton; I'm not familiar enough with the commercial case for a return of large cruise ships there.

It doesn't appear to me to be essential that a cruise dock be rebuilt.

2016 was a record year for recorded earthquakes in NZ: 32,800.

( Admittedly only over the last 15 years of GeoNet monitoring )

The annual average over that time is around 20,000.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

Not for at least 10 years, maybe 15. P&O's ships isn't anywhere near big enough for it.

On Aria and Eden at least, you've got the promenade on deck 6.

I can see myself fanging it down the straight past all those cabins and sliding the cart into the 90 degree corners. Pedestrians will just need to get out of the way. Perhaps a few chicanes and jump ramps to make it more interesting.:cool:

On Aria and Eden at least, you've got the promenade on deck 6.

I can see myself fanging it down the straight past all those cabins and sliding the cart into the 90 degree corners. Pedestrians will just need to get out of the way. Perhaps a few chicanes and jump ramps to make it more interesting.:cool:

That would be fun.:D