LIVE on JADE - starting APRIL 9

I will also be live from the newly refurbished Norwegian Jade on April 9. I will be posting live blogs on my website, cruiseveryday.com. I will be posting a lot of pictures of the new refurbishments all throughout the week. Also, make sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter, @cruiseveryday, for pictures live from the ship! I also plan to do a lot of Instagram live streams so stay tuned for that!

I'm on a roll call that is taking the Jade to Europe on April 30.

Would it be possible to post pics on this thread (or mention that you have posted them up on your website) of your daily program on a sea day, please?

It will be extremely helpful, as we will have 8 sea days!

Thank you.

And thanks for all the wonderful material you have posted already. It's very helpful, especially given the refit changes.

Looking at deck plans, the only places I don't think anyone has covered yet with photos are:

Star bar

Medusa night club (or is it Bliss now?)

Martini bar

Bali hai bar & grill (or whatever it's called now)

Hope you're having a fantastic cruise!

a730530a4dd0aaef968772ba0b6ad225.jpg92cf01739c7d49559acb8ddfa78787d1.jpg

7a2c44f6281419563ebbb98fa0a9bd00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry. I did not take a bathroom photo. They are identical to the other Dawn class ships. Separate toilet, sink and shower. Door between each.

Ok, no problem. I was just wondering if they have also done any refurbishments in the bathrooms.

This is such great timing! We are very close to booking the Jade to Norway and must choose our 'free' options. Can you PLEASE let me know if the Jade is offering pitchers of beer in O'Sheehans and if so, the cost? This will make a difference in which 'free at sea' we select, so big thank you in advance :).

thank you soooooo much for all you've done. has made planning easier. hope you had a wonderful time even though you took the time to help us too. once you get settled back in could you help me with a couple of specifics. 1] have wheelchair lady - 3pm muster requires all to be at lifeboats on deck or in bars, restaurants, theaters assigned? with lifejackets on or carried? NCL access lady suggested getting there early as elevators are won't be available to her. 2] the handout deck plans - do they reflect the new names for places. the one downloadable online still reflects the old names/ layout.

thanks again for all you've done, bob

Thanks for the pics and info. On the Jade in May. We are in a balcony cabin also, doesn't look like you have a coffee maker in yours. Do you know if they removed them from the cabins? Enjoy your cruise!

I was on this trip as well, they do have coffee makers. Ours was in the shelves by the front door.

This is such great timing! We are very close to booking the Jade to Norway and must choose our 'free' options. Can you PLEASE let me know if the Jade is offering pitchers of beer in O'Sheehans and if so, the cost? This will make a difference in which 'free at sea' we select, so big thank you in advance :).

I can't speak to the Jade, but the Escape had 60oz pitchers for $13.95, plus 18%. If they do have them, I'm sure the pricing would be the same, if not very similar.

I was on this trip as well, they do have coffee makers. Ours was in the shelves by the front door.

We were aboard this sailing also . Balcony cabin.

Coffee maker was there tucked away taking up valuable shelf space .

Taking it down to make coffee would mean taking up the very limited horizontal desk space so we just left it there and went to the Garden Café to get coffee using our thermal cups.

Never saw a cruise ship cabin with such limited horizontal area to place anything down onto?

I am in a Penthouse Suite on that April 23...heck if I know if it's a "aft" one! LOL it's room #10000 in the front of the ship

You will love room 10000! We had that room on the Jewel in 2015 and it is amazing! There is a bump out that takes away some balcony space but you get a nice living room area in the tradeoff. Instead of a small love seat/chair and one additional chair, you get a full size sofa and 2 chairs. There are also 3 windows instead of 1 and a nice window ledge to set your binoculars and other items on. BTW the balcony is still HUGE even with the bump out.

Congrats on getting such a great room and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I can't speak to the Jade, but the Escape had 60oz pitchers for $13.95, plus 18%. If they do have them, I'm sure the pricing would be the same, if not very similar.

Similar pricing on both Breakaway and Getaway (although some nights it priced slightly higher which was strange. Just checking in to see if the Jade offers the same, as I know the 'away' ships are sometimes different. Thank you~!

I was in the Deluxe Owners Suite 15000 on this cruise and will post pics once I get them uploaded. I can tell you that a lot of the cosmetic updates were clean and refreshing but there are still a lot of mechanical issues that need fixing. IE broken jacuzzi all week at the pool, Haven roof not functioning properly, broken door handles in DOS for both patio doors. Blinds removed from Windows in the DOS. because they were broken and closet doors not functioning properly. We had a great cruise, ( who wouldn't in a DOS) but I think a prefer the newer away ships because of the bigger Haven and number of additional amenities and dining choices.

We were aboard this sailing also . Balcony cabin.

Coffee maker was there tucked away taking up valuable shelf space .

Taking it down to make coffee would mean taking up the very limited horizontal desk space so we just left it there and went to the Garden Café to get coffee using our thermal cups.

Never saw a cruise ship cabin with such limited horizontal area to place anything down onto?

We got off the Spirit a few weeks ago and it was the same. Had to ask the cabin steward to bring us a coffee maker and once we got it most of the desk space was taken up by it.Thanks for the info.

We are on the Jade in 26 days and so excited. Have loved following your photos, thanks so much for them. How's the Cavern looking, haven't seen any photos yet of how similar to the Liverpool one it is.

We are on the Jade in 26 days and so excited. Have loved following your photos, thanks so much for them. How's the Cavern looking, haven't seen any photos yet of how similar to the Liverpool one it is.

There's no Cavern on the Jade - think Epic is the only ship to have a "Cavern".

That would be the new Bliss Lounge. Looks like the same chairs from when it was the Medusa Lounge, but they have removed all the glass jellyfishes. They have also removed the karaoke/whatever rooms that used to be opposite the bar (where the silver wall is now), so that has added a lot of seating space.