Guarantee Cabin Assignment Process

sonomaphil

Was thinking about the actual guarantee cabin assignment process. I know all about the you can get assigned a cabin at any point after booking right up until sailing and those kind of things, but how does the actual process work and who does it? Is it computerized and randomly assigns cabins through some algorithm? Is it an actual person in Santa Clarita that manually assigns cabins? Is there a person whose job it is to just assign cabins?

Was thinking about the actual guarantee cabin assignment process. I know all about the you can get assigned a cabin at any point after booking right up until sailing and those kind of things, but how does the actual process work and who does it? Is it computerized and randomly assigns cabins through some algorithm? Is it an actual person in Santa Clarita that manually assigns cabins? Is there a person whose job it is to just assign cabins?

Rumors and no facts.

I think it is a combination of both.

The time I was assigned my GTY within an hour of booking, I think it was done by computer. I doubt Princess has the staff to go over each new booking across the fleet and do this manually.

The time I was assigned my GTY while flying to the port the day before embarkation I am certain it was by an actual person. For that cruise, two cabins were made available by moving two relatives assigned to the two separate cabins into a full suite (displacing a Princess executive who ended up not being able to take the cruise) and I was assigned to one of the cabins. Before the changes were made, the two relatives were contacted by phone to see if they would agree to the switch.

Could be decided by a group of monkeys on crack. Could be decided by the US Congress. Could be that those are essentially the same thing... ;p

We have a gty cabin on our next cruise. Probably should have just gone ahead and chosen a cabin but thought we would give the gty a whirl this time and see what happens. I'd actually be happy just to have the cabin they use as the base for the gty. A Lido balcony would be fine and I've kind of wanted to try one out anyway so I won't mind at all if they don't "upgrade" me.

We are doing the guarantee thing for the first time. Mini suite. No assignment yet at just over three weeks until we sail. Balconies, mini suites and suites are sold out. I check every day. Not sure I'd do it again, but the deal was sweet.

I have chosen GTY cabins on 15 cruises as the available cabins in the class I picked were all in the same area , out of that 9 were assigned within a week to the class I chose. All were allocated on a Monday ( in Australia )

The others I was upgraded about a week out from sailing again on a Monday all seemed to be around 11am ?

I have chosen GTY cabins on 15 cruises as the available cabins in the class I picked were all in the same area , out of that 9 were assigned within a week to the class I chose. All were allocated on a Monday ( in Australia )

The others I was upgraded about a week out from sailing again on a Monday all seemed to be around 11am ?

In September 2016 we booked a gty for a cruise in October 2017. No cabin assignment yet. ;p