Cirque show on Epic...opinion please from Cirque lovers

CantSwim63

Hi, for those who have seen land based Cirque shows before. I have seen nine Cirque productions and really enjoy them, but wondering how a ship theatre can compare with a land base. Basically, is it worth it to do the Cirque dinner show on the Epic?

My thoughts are that this itinerary (Barcelona - Western Med; June 18 - 25), is port intensive with full days on excursions so maybe spend the money on a specialty dinner instead?

Thanks.

Cheers!

Roehl

Hi, for those who have seen land based Cirque shows before. I have seen nine Cirque productions and really enjoy them, but wondering how a ship theatre can compare with a land base. Basically, is it worth it to do the Cirque dinner show on the Epic?

I've seen a few (3 or 4) Cirque Shows in my day. The Epic version is Cirque-lite, but still a very pleasant way to spend some time and have a very good meal.

The space is only two stories, and the area where the show takes place is relatively small - but it is well used. In addition, there is fun / frivolous audience participation in a sort of mock-mime show.

It was fun, is all I can say, and the steak was perfectly done and part of a lovely meal.

I saw the show in March and it was fantastic, well worth the money. I have no idea how they balance like that on a moving ship. The meal was wonderful, too. I do go to land based Cirque shows often. I sat upstairs and had a wonderful view. Definitely pay the extra for premium seating.

Keep in mind that these Cirque shows are NOT associated with or produced by Cirque du Soleil. They are produced by Cirque Productions, which was sued by Cirque du Soleil over the use of the name but ultimately Cirque Productions won. See link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_Productions

That said, I have enjoyed the Cirque shows that I have seen on NCL ships.

We already purchased our tickets for Cirque show on the Epic in July. We saw a different show of course years ago on the Epic and loved it. We have been to different land shows in different cities and loved every one.

$hip$hape - Comparisons are subjective but a small venue in my opinion can not compare with a larger one. I have seen Broadway shows and then the same show in another city. Between acoustics, the size of the stage and sometimes the actors it is a different experience, but in most cases a good experience. The ship's Cirque production is not part of Cirque du Soleil but it was enjoyable and for us well worth the money. Sure the stage is smaller and the acts are similar so for me it like the Broadway show - I don't expect the exact same but the enjoyment is still there. :)

Wow! Thank you all for your input and great info. Amazing what a group of like minded individuals can provide. I learned a lot...including that I have preconceived notions ("facts" that aren't facts lol...and won't mention the new phrase about that lol).

Thanks again. Now all I have to do is figure out what night to book.

Cheers!

Roehl

I was on the Epic February 25. I was on the Jewel previously and saw the cirque show in the theater. So, I was going to pass on the show in the Epic, been there done that...

I cruised with my sister on Epic who had not been on the Jewel with me and she wanted to go so I joined her. We were in the Haven and had premium seats so we got seated first. Maybe that skewed my reaction a bit, but I was thrilled I went.

The venue is small, and I found that that led to a very intimate experience. Well worth the extra money

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loved it more than cirque. We took premium seats, queued early and were next to the floor. It's I. Your face literally, fast moving and at 2 points I was in the show to the amusement of my friend. Really loved it and booked to do it again next week

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've seen cirque dreams in our local theater on land. It was a fun show. I felt it was more aimed at kids than cirque du soleil. I didn't realize at the time they were different production houses, but it makes lots of sense.

I love the big sets of CdS. But the acrobatics and performers of cd were very enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Keep in mind that these Cirque shows are NOT associated with or produced by Cirque du Soleil. They are produced by Cirque Productions, which was sued by Cirque du Soleil over the use of the name but ultimately Cirque Productions won. See link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cirque_Productions

That said, I have enjoyed the Cirque shows that I have seen on NCL ships.

Indeed, if you want to see Cirque de Soleil at sea, you have to go to MSC Meraviglia starting June :-) I will! And also already reserved my Cirque dinner on my upcoming Epic trip.