Cruise Next Ultimate bonus for onboard booking

Has anybody ever transferred their certificate to someone else? I have one that expires Dec 2017.

I has planned on using, but! It turned into a family cruise and sadly, it's on Royal Caribbean.

Transfer is easy. I've done it over the phone on the main reservations line and CAS reservations line.

Please explain a little about the "Ultimate Bonus"(?).

Ultimate Bonus is an additional benefit you get by buying Cruise Next Certificates and actually booking a cruise onboard. When they first started it was pick an extra perk from the promos offered. Looks like the current offer is free upgrade of a few categories.

I thought the Ultimate Bonus only allowed 1 reservation change? That's why I never bothered booking onboard and just buy the Cruise Next certificates to use when I feel like it.

Transfer is easy. I've done it over the phone on the main reservations line and CAS reservations line.

Did you already have someone lined up? Or were they willing to pay you and take the transfer back without having someone to transfer it too?

And for people who did have to give up their certificate, how did you advertise it?

Is there a place on here, Craigslist, local travel agent?

I DISAGREE with your comment that "Every cruise line's future cruise program has strings attached."
You have to cruise with that cruise line again, within a certain frame, to get any benefit from the program. And it's only available to purchase on board. Those are all "strings".

Princess has an expiration date (2 years, i.e. half time time NCL offers) and you can only use the $100 toward a Princess booking, obviously. And most of all, Princess's program only offers $25 OBC per person for the kinds of cruises/staterooms we typically book, so it's hardly worth the trouble. With NCL, we save at least $125 every single time, and for the past several cruises it's been $250 per stateroom.

Did you already have someone lined up? Or were they willing to pay you and take the transfer back without having someone to transfer it too?

And for people who did have to give up their certificate, how did you advertise it?

Yeah I always transferred to someone - friend or family. NCL won't buy it back from you. People advertise them here on CC and they are on ebay.

I'd be interested in buying your credit from you. Email me with the specifics (no spaces it's). Pjlilyjoe at a o l . Com

Lesley (Wanderlust 1951)

Pardon the clarification question, I promise I have read all the posts. If we purchase cruisenext on board, will the OBC apply to the cruisenext purchase? As we've prepaid the gratuity and won't have on board charges, the obc is useless to us on the open bar sky cruise. Thanks!

If you purchase cruise next, you will have the charge of that cruise next, then they will apply your credit to that charge.

Sorry, new to the lingo and cruisenext. Can you explain what you mean in detail please? I think I'm missing something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

Sorry, new to the lingo and cruisenext. Can you explain what you mean in detail please? I think I'm missing something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

You purchase your cruise next certificate on board and can get on board credit to be used on your current cruise. You can use that certificate as your deposit when you book your next cruise (or you an use it to pay for any part up to final payment for your next cruise). You have 4 years to use that cruise next certificate.

You can also, as the original poster asked, purchase an ultimate cruise next -- which is to put an actual deposit down on your next cruise or a specific date while on the ship. There is often a bonus for doing this in addition to the on board credit you will make for booking your next cruise. It can be a cabin upgrade, additional on board credit for current cruise, on board credit for that next cruise, etc... NCL doesn't tell you in advance, you need to learn from Cruise Next desk while on the cruise.

A few caveats:

Haven cruise next cost more and you get less on board credit -- still worth it because deposit for Haven is usually $2,250

If you are booked on your current cruise with a travel agent, after you book your next cruise (not the certificate, but actual specific cruise) on board, your booking will be transferred over to your current travel agent.

You have four years to use your cruise next certificate.

Hope that helps to clear up confusion.

anyone booked recently? What is the current offer?

Just got off the Getaway last week. Buy 4 cruise next certificates for $ 1,000.00 you get 8 future cruise deposit certificates, or $ 2,000.00 deposit credits. For us, we already have plans to use all of them, so, we just gained $ 1,000.00. You could still buy $ 1,000 worth and they will credit your current OBC $ 500.00. $ 500.00 you get credit OBC $ 250.00. That's the current scoop.

Just got off the Getaway last week. Buy 4 cruise next certificates for $ 1,000.00 you get 8 future cruise deposit certificates, or $ 2,000.00 deposit credits. For us, we already have plans to use all of them, so, we just gained $ 1,000.00. You could still buy $ 1,000 worth and they will credit your current OBC $ 500.00. $ 500.00 you get credit OBC $ 250.00. That's the current scoop.

So you get the option to buy 4 and get 4 free. Or buy 4 and get $500 OBC for that cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So you get the option to buy 4 and get 4 free. Or buy 4 and get $500 OBC for that cruise?
The rule is "A maximum of four (4) CruiseNext Deposits may be purchased per person", but I have been told more than once, on different ships, that I could actually buy more if I wanted. I know that the deal is sometimes advertised on board as "buy 1 get 1 free" or whatever, but technically you are still buying all of them, then getting some credit back on each one.

Anyway, like I said, if you want more than 4, I don't think they'll stop you.

We did the same on the Getaway a couple weeks ago. Since it was "4 per person", technically I bought 4 and my DH bought 4 and got $1000 credit ($500 for each 4 purchased)....so 8 for $1000 just like Mostrow posted. Plus we were able to apply 2 certificates each to the 2 cabins we booked on the Escape next year. We still have $1000 "free money" to use for a deposit for our 2019 spring break cruise.

Back to your original question, that was while back. We've been on 5 NCL cruises in the last year on a three different ships. The offer on all of them was a 2 category upgrade, if you book your next cruise on board. That's really not much. So, if you had BC they upgrade you to a BA. Just another tidbit... We cruise with CAS, and you can't book with them on board. So, while we watch the offers, we just buy the certificates and book at home through CAS.