Very few Princess South Pacific cruises in 2018/2019

I don't agree that the Australian cruise schedules are boring. They are no more boring than the East Coast US ones.

But I guess it all depends on why you like to cruise. If you cruise to visit new ports then, yes, you need to travel to other cruise regions to get more variety. If, like us, you're happy just being on a cruise ship then South Pacific itineraries are perfect - warm weather, gorgeous islands, pretty beaches, nice restaurants in Noumea for lunch (and I've found where the really good coffee is too). I'd happily do a South Pacific cruise twice a year if I could afford it.

Point taken, but whilst we like ship bard life, we go for the visits to different countries too. Go to UK/Europe and there are zillions of options. Only trouble is a long, long flight, having done it a dozen times.:loudcry:

Or in the case of Mrs Gut aren't allowed to fly.

Ever since the Drs told her that I can't get her on a plane.

Yes, very true, many people cannot fly for various reasons, fly and it must be a disappointment for you two not being able to fly.:eek:

I realised I couldn't fly very early in life (maybe around 5) I would flap my arms but nothing would get me into the air. Now I use aeroplanes, it is so much easier. It must be so frustrating for those who can't use either methods.

Point taken, but whilst we like ship bard life, we go for the visits to different countries too. Go to UK/Europe and there are zillions of options. Only trouble is a long, long flight, having done it a dozen times.:loudcry:

We're doing that in September. ;) :D I'm not looking forward to the flights. :eek: :(

Yes, very true, many people cannot fly for various reasons, fly and it must be a disappointment for you two not being able to fly.:eek:

Yes and no Les.

I guess we've accepted it. We'd both love to visit the U.K. and the USA as we have friends in both and as an historian Mrs G would love to get to some spots in England. One day we will probably cruise there and back, but as you know there's basically six months between relocation cruises, so it's not an easy task.

And then with six months away from home mucho dinero, plus the cost of the cruises.

Yes and no Les.

I guess we've accepted it. We'd both love to visit the U.K. and the USA as we have friends in both and as an historian Mrs G would love to get to some spots in England. One day we will probably cruise there and back, but as you know there's basically six months between relocation cruises, so it's not an easy task.

And then with six months away from home mucho dinero, plus the cost of the cruises.

Maybe when you retire then.

We'd both love to visit the U.K. and the USA as we have friends in both and as an historian Mrs G would love to get to some spots in England. One day we will probably cruise there and back, but as you know there's basically six months between relocation cruises, so it's not an easy task.

Here's next year's itinerary for you.

14 Feb - 27 Apr

Syd - Ft Lauderdale

Pacific Princess.

17 - 24 May

NYC - Southampton

QM2

25 July - 20 Sep

Southampton - SYD

Sea Princess

Yes and no Les.

On thing you could consider is a world cruise but leaving the ship at one of the earlier European ports, travelling to the UK by train, then rejoining the ship in Southampton. For example take next year's world cruise. Leave the ship in Venice on the 13th July, travel to Paris by train (there used to be an overnight sleeper), then Eurostar to London. You could probably get to London by the evening of the 14th. The ship arrives in Southampton on the 25th so that would give you 10 days to visit places in the UK.

You could probably do a similar thing in the US, if the itinerary was suitable, although train travel there isn't as good as in Europe I believe,

14 Feb - 27 Apr

Syd - Ft Lauderdale

Pacific Princess.

17 - 24 May

NYC - Southampton

QM2

25 July - 20 Sep

Southampton - SYD

Sea Princess

I've looked at similar, but 7 1/2 months away may be a problem, but it seems to be the minimum or close too.

On thing you could consider is a world cruise but leaving the ship at one of the earlier European ports, travelling to the UK by train, then rejoining the ship in Southampton. For example take next year's world cruise. Leave the ship in Venice on the 13th July, travel to Paris by train (there used to be an overnight sleeper), then Eurostar to London. You could probably get to London by the evening of the 14th. The ship arrives in Southampton on the 25th so that would give you 10 days to visit places in the UK.

You could probably do a similar thing in the US, if the itinerary was suitable, although train travel there isn't as good as in Europe I believe,

That might work. Ten days is probably a bit short for what she wants to do.

That might work. Ten days is probably a bit short for what she wants to do.

Better than nothing though, and there might be itineraries in future years that focus more on Europe so give you more days.

Mind you, there is so much to see in the UK. We had seven weeks in Ireland and the UK and only saw a fraction of what we would have liked to see.

Better than nothing though, and there might be itineraries in future years that focus more on Europe so give you more days.

Mind you, there is so much to see in the UK. We had seven weeks in Ireland and the UK and only saw a fraction of what we would have liked to see.

If we could fly (or more accurately, before they said she couldn') the plan was three months but now most of the three months goes getting there and back.

14 Feb - 27 Apr

Syd - Ft Lauderdale

Pacific Princess.

17 - 24 May

NYC - Southampton

QM2

25 July - 20 Sep

Southampton - SYD

Sea Princess

I like it - 3 weeks on the US East coast or in the Caribbean.

2 months in Europe.

Agree, that 10 days is not enough, but then time and money becomes an issue if you want to see everything.

I've looked at similar, but 7 1/2 months away may be a problem, but it seems to be the minimum or close too.

This one is 2 months less.

11 Apr - 11 May

SYD - Vancouver

Solstice.

10 -17 June

NYC - Southampton

QM2

25 Jul - 20 Sep

Southampton - SYD

Sea Princess

This one is 2 months less.

11 Apr - 11 May

SYD - Vancouver

Solstice.

10 -17 June

NYC - Southampton

QM2

25 Jul - 20 Sep

Southampton - SYD

Sea Princess

That may work.

Maybe I should employ ou as my new agent. We could squeeze in an Alaska cruise and/or maybe a LA to Miami Panama.

There seems to be very few cruises to NZ Between March - November. All cruise lines seem to be just Dec, Jan &Feb. Love to have some in March or September. away from School holiday crowds..

Sorry I didn't mean a few more itineraries for NZ, I meant we would like to do a few more cruises to NZ taking advantage of the range of itineraries on offer.

That may work.

Maybe I should employ ou as my new agent. We could squeeze in an Alaska cruise and/or maybe a LA to Miami Panama.

Yep, perfect timings.

Your favourite little ship too.

14 - 31 May

LA - Ft. Lauderdale

Pacific Princess

There seems to be very few cruises to NZ Between March - November. All cruise lines seem to be just Dec, Jan &Feb. Love to have some in March or September. away from School holiday crowds..

But they don't have many ships here March to Nov anyway. While they tout that they have ships here year round, during that period one is usually on a Workd Cruise and one is on one of the other long cruises.

Plus I think most people don't want to cruise NZ in winter.