Very few Princess South Pacific cruises in 2018/2019

RCL goes from 4 to 2 in April; CCL goes from 2 to 1 In April; P&O sill have at least 2 ships here. Don't know about Princess. So we have at least 5 ships going in & out of Sydney not 1 can go to NZ... I'm talking about March, October & November months only. When all the boats come back. OK RCL bring there 2 Megga Boats here for 2.5 months over Summer. But it's full of school holiday makers. I just want to go to some where else then the islands. Might Look into P&G with P&O

But they don't have many ships here March to Nov anyway. While they tout that they have ships here year round, during that period one is usually on a Workd Cruise and one is on one of the other long cruises.

Plus I think most people don't want to cruise NZ in winter.

RCL goes from 4 to 2 in April; CCL goes from 2 to 1 In April; P&O sill have at least 2 ships here. Don't know about Princess. So we have at least 5 ships going in & out of Sydney not 1 can go to NZ... I'm talking about March, October & November months only. When all the boats come back. OK RCL bring there 2 Megga Boats here for 2.5 months over Summer. But it's full of school holiday makers. I just want to go to some where else then the islands. Might Look into P&G with P&O

Sorry, I was talking about Princess, because this is a Thread about Princess itineraries, so I didn't go into the others.

Yep, perfect timings.

Your favourite little ship too.

14 - 31 May

LA - Ft. Lauderdale

Pacific Princess

Again thanks mate and Mrs Gut sends her thanks too. I won't be possible next year, but at least I've shown it can be done, I've been playing with it for ages, but had, no idea why, always looked at the reverse itinerary, ie England first.

There seems to be very few cruises to NZ Between March - November. All cruise lines seem to be just Dec, Jan &Feb. Love to have some in March or September. away from School holiday crowds..

There are usually NZ cruises in March but not much after that and there's a very good reason for that. Most people who want to cruise NZ want to see Fiordland. Unfortunately the lower part of the South Island has stormy winters and there are often very heavy seas both in that region and in the Tasman Sea. Any cruises that do go to NZ in winter usually only go to Auckland and the Bay of Islands, and cross the Tasman using a northerly route.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

This one is 2 months less.

11 Apr - 11 May

SYD - Vancouver

Solstice.

10 -17 June

NYC - Southampton

QM2

25 Jul - 20 Sep

Southampton - SYD

Sea Princess

A month in the US or Canada, a month in Europe and two nice ships.

Again thanks mate and Mrs Gut sends her thanks too. I won't be possible next year, but at least I've shown it can be done, I've been playing with it for ages, but had, no idea why, always looked at the reverse itinerary, ie England first.

My pleasure; and I'm glad I had a play around with it.

It got me thinking; probably most years the east bound repositionings, coupled with the Princess WC may well be quite efficient DIYs.

In summary for possible cruise schedule:

Apr - May: repo from Syd - west coast US / Canada;

May - Jun: West coast thru Panama to Florida ;

Jun: Eastbound trans Atlantic;

Jun - July: UK - Norway return;

July - Sept : UK - Syd WC.

I suppose you are still looking at a lot of dollars per person but it is doable in a shorter time frame and with time in some of the countries between cruises.

Looks to be around $30-$35,000 pp for a Balcony.

Then the two months on land, probably another $25,000 roughly.

Plus some spending $$$$.

And no income for roughly six months.

A month in the US or Canada, a month in Europe and two nice ships.

Almost perfect Mic

If that last 56 day leg was on either Diamond :hearteyes:, Sapphire :hearteyes: or even the Golden instead of the rinky dinky stinky Sea :( we would be more than interested.

Anything over two weeks on Sun Class size leaves us over & out. :eek:

Cheers, r :cool:

Looks to be around $30-$35,000 pp for a Balcony.

Then the two months on land, probably another $25,000 roughly.

Plus some spending $$$$.

And no income for roughly six months.

House swaps for the land content would bring the price down.

Better than nothing though, and there might be itineraries in future years that focus more on Europe so give you more days.

Mind you, there is so much to see in the UK. We had seven weeks in Ireland and the UK and only saw a fraction of what we would have liked to see.

Indeed, a lot to see. On each occasion we have travelled to UK, we have visited different areas. Next year, it will be the Cotswolds for a niece's wedding for a few days, then Yorkshire, visiting the moors, the dales and the coast for a couple of weeks, staying in ye olde 16th/17th century pubs before heading down to Southampton for 35 nights on ye olde Adonia, B2B, cruises D812 and D813 if anyone is interested in looking at the itineraries.:eek:

Almost perfect Mic

If that last 56 day leg was on either Diamond :hearteyes:, Sapphire :hearteyes: or even the Golden instead of the rinky dinky stinky Sea :( we would be more than interested.

Agreed, I was thinking much the same.

Indeed, a lot to see. On each occasion we have travelled to UK, we have visited different areas. Next year, it will be the Cotswolds for a niece's wedding for a few days, then Yorkshire, visiting the moors, the dales and the coast for a couple of weeks, staying in ye olde 16th/17th century pubs before heading down to Southampton for 35 nights on ye olde Adonia, B2B, cruises D812 and D813 if anyone is interested in looking at the itineraries.:eek:

Sounds marvellous Les, love those old taverns.

Almost perfect Mic

May be there'll be other options by the time we get to do it.

Sounds good.

May be there'll be other options by the time we get to do it.

G'day Gut

Hopefully so mate, we are all geared up for a "Worldie" in 2019 but if it is still the old clunkers Sea /Sun on offer then we will have to look at something like Opua Kiwi has searched out as the allure of Sydney to Sydney inclusive does not outweigh the 100 plus nights on those two options. :o

Of course fortunately the having to fly anywhere is not a problem to us as well, unlike you two. :(

G'day Gut

Hopefully so mate, we are all geared up for a "Worldie" in 2019 but if it is still the old clunkers Sea /Sun on offer then we will have to look at something like Opua Kiwi has searched out as the allure of Sydney to Sydney inclusive does not outweigh the 100 plus nights on those two options. :o

Of course fortunately the having to fly anywhere is not a problem to us as well, unlike you two. :(

You could do Half a Worldie on the P&O UK ships, OZ to Southampton, like we did on Arcadia, 49 days in 2012, a lot less per diem than Princess Australia ships and in my opinion, a better product. They generally send one down under. Spend some time in England's Green and Pleasant Land, then fly home. Way to go. You can have black pudding and kippers for brekkie too.

You could do Half a Worldie on the P&O UK ships, OZ to Southampton, like we did on Arcadia, 49 days in 2012, a lot less per diem than Princess Australia ships and in my opinion, a better product. They generally send one down under. Spend some time in England's Green and Pleasant Land, then fly home. Way to go. You can have black pudding and kippers for brekkie too.

G'day Uncle Les

That could work mate with some tweaking, but leave out the fly home part once there, her indoors insists it's only been a holiday once you return cruising through the Sydney heads, so a stay & or fly to some where in Europe to then return through the Suez Canal transit back to OZ is a must on this one.

The only drawback is having to go once more to that UK Posh & Opulent website :loudcry: seriously is there a bigger mess anywhere on the web than that ill begotten spawn of Satan's path to hell and back!

Yet what is life without a little more salt...