Anthem Dining Please Explain MTD

Yes, you can request which restaurant you'd like to be seated at. Some might have more of a wait time than others, though.

Edit: Just re-read your question. My answer was in regards to having MTD and going to the dining room WITHOUT a reservation. We never booked reservations ahead of time, so I cannot comment on that.

So I understand the Anthem has a main dining room divided into different themed restaurants. When booking MTD reservations do we have to specify which dining room we want to be in?

There have generally been two restaurants assigned to MTD and two assigned to traditional. You cannot pick whcih restaurant you want pre-cruise, but you may have that option onboard. By the way, each restaurant serves the same food from the same menu that changes every night, so the only difference is the decor.

No, you do not have to specify. My Time Diners will be seated in either American Icon or Silk.

Not true. We were on MTD and the 3 nights we visited were were able to select any of the 4 restaurants. We ate at Silk, American Icon and Chic.

Not true. We were on MTD and the 3 nights we visited were were able to select any of the 4 restaurants. We ate at Silk, American Icon and Chic.

That must be a fairly new development then.

After the removal of DD, MTD was originally supposed to be in American Icon and Silk.

Either way, I don't really see why it matters. They all serve the same food.

That must be a fairly new development then.

After the removal of DD, MTD was originally supposed to be in American Icon and Silk.

Either way, I don't really see why it matters. They all serve the same food.

That's the thing I was reading a description of dining on the athem on cruise critic and it made it seem as though there were different menus for the different dining rooms which prompted my question. But your comment about removal of the DD did ring a bell so this information on cruise critic might be dated. So I gree with you it doesn't matter to us where we eat if the menu is the same everywhere. Thanks!

The confusion comes from the old dynamic dinning that is long dead.

If you have Traditional dinning(early or late) you are assigned Grande or Chic as a dinning room If you have MTD and you make reservations you are generally in American Icon.......Generally. If you walk up you are generally in Silk. Of course if one restaurant is very full and one is very empty they will seat you in a different one if you DONT have reservations.

ALL of them serve the SAME food on the same night ....no difference except décor. So it really doesn't matter.

We're recently off our 3rd cruise on Anthem. We had traditional dining in Chic. We found that 1/2 hour after traditional dining starts, they will fill some of the unoccupied tables (ie: traditional diners who didn't show up, or are more than 30 minutes late) with overflow from MTD.

DH and I have traditional dining on the Anthem in September, but he's very anti-formal night attire. I see in CC's review of the Grande dining room that it's formal night, every night. If we're assigned the Grande dining room for traditional dining, will we HAVE to bring formal attire? Can we change our assigned dining room onboard?

DH and I have traditional dining on the Anthem in September, but he's very anti-formal night attire. I see in CC's review of the Grande dining room that it's formal night, every night. If we're assigned the Grande dining room for traditional dining, will we HAVE to bring formal attire? Can we change our assigned dining room onboard?

That review is old, Grande is no longer formal every night. The ship follows the traditional policy of two formal nights shipwide for a 7-day cruise. Also, dress suggestions are not enforced, so no one will care if you choose to ignore the dress suggestion.

I don't believe so. Grande was formal under Dynamic Dining, but since they've done away with it, the dining room is just that, a dining room with a name.

With the original Dynamic Dining, the Grande was formal every night. When they got rid of dynamic dining, the Grande became just another restaurant like Chic,Silk, and American Icon.

The Cruise Compass lists the "suggested" dress code for each evening. There is no requirement to dress in formal attire. I no longer take formal wear and I am not alone on "formal" night with more casual clothes.