Embarking in the Islands!? Music and Dancing?

caddykid12

Noticed in some videos the "away" class ships. Have a red carpet and music playing and all crew members dancing welcoming you back in all the islands for the guests getting back in the ship. Does the Breakaway do it? Every island or port or just some times?

I like it and it's a neat added bonus to the guests

It's funny, because the majority of the cruises I've been on have been NCL (actually, all but one LOL), and they've done it on every cruise...however, I can't remember if it's every port or if it's just the last port of call! I want to say it's only on the last port of call. It's really exciting and makes what would most likely be kind of a bummer moment a little bit better because they make you feel that it's not over yet!

EDIT: To answer your question regarding Breakaway, yes -- they do it. I actually think all of their ships do it (but that's only from what I've heard/read, as I've only been on the Breakaway and Getaway).

They charge extra for this.

.?????

The OP might not know you're kidding.

Every NCL cruise I've ever been on -- dozens -- have a 'Welcome Back to the ship" lineup at every port, often with music and crew members dancing.

NCL always makes a big scene/party for getting on the ship. Puts the other cruise lines to shame.

We've enjoyed this on every last port visit of the week, whether it's an 'away' ship or smaller. It's fun to just hang out on your balcony and watch. Lots of passengers just dance their way 'home'. I do think the other ships docked next to us are jealous:cool:

Noticed in some videos the "away" class ships. Have a red carpet and music playing and all crew members dancing welcoming you back in all the islands for the guests getting back in the ship. Does the Breakaway do it? Every island or port or just some times?

I like it and it's a neat added bonus to the guests

I think that it sounds like something supersilly and if I should pass when they were dancing I should be embarressed that I cruised on such a silly cruiseline!

But during my seven NCLcruises I have not seen it! I guess that the reason for that is that we often return to the ship early.

There was a youtube kcking around of a woman on a Celebrity ship - (she was actually on a Music theme cruise charter!) - and she was whining and moaning about the "loud noise" coming from the NCL party on the pier below her - was too funny haha! "It was intruding on her balcony space" :')

There was a youtube kcking around of a woman on a Celebrity ship - (she was actually on a Music theme cruise charter!) - and she was whining and moaning about the "loud noise" coming from the NCL party on the pier below her - was too funny haha! "It was intruding on her balcony space" :')

I should sit on my balcony and be happy that I wasn't on the ship with the "entertainment" but I should never complain about it!

Don't misunderstand me, it doesn't really bother me, especially since we usually are back early, I just think that it's silly.

Does anyone know if the staff are required to participate or can they say no if they wants to?

You're right. I should have been more specific.

The music and dancing are complimentary. There is a charge for the cold towels, however.

When were you charged for cold towels at the gangway upon your return to the ship? We have always received the welcome cold towels free of charge. There is also sometimes a free cooling non-alcoholic glass of punch too.

When were you charged for cold towels at the gangway upon your return to the ship? We have always received the welcome cold towels free of charge. There is also sometimes a free cooling non-alcoholic glass of punch too.

On the Escape last week it was all free.

And at the last port of call they do an extra music party with more employees.

He's obviously joking.

Careful there is a thread on here about NCL cruisers complaining about balcony music :evilsmile::halo::')

I should sit on my balcony and be happy that I wasn't on the ship with the "entertainment" but I should never complain about it!

Don't misunderstand me, it doesn't really bother me, especially since we usually are back early, I just think that it's silly.

Does anyone know if the staff are required to participate or can they say no if they wants to?

Honestly?? It isn't particularly my thing either but goodness what harm is it doing? I think NCL do a great "welcome home" - freshen up hand towels, smiling faces, - after a day at a busy port that welcome really does make you feel like you are "coming home".

Ports by default are "noisy" - sitting on your balcony in an industrial port is hardly picturesque - (said complainer was in Cozumel I think?)

I actually do cruise Celebrity as well as NCL - and you know what? X is slipping - their welcome home is a very poor effort compared to what is used to be, Iced towels is about all they do now. NCL have a gazebo with chairs, and yes also iced towels - anti bac spray - and smiling faces....

SO what if some kids are on stilts, dancing to music and having fun - And one would assume entertainment staff who work there are paid - and those who are joining in are perhaps grabbing any fresh air there they can!

Life is too short for grumpies in this world ...

Careful there is a thread on here about NCL cruisers complaining about balcony music :evilsmile::halo::')

LOL

Not quite the same however as being docked at a port.

Various ports have music of all kinds - who complains about the marching Brass bands in Barbados, the dancing girls of Panama - and hey - the bagpipes in Greenock, Scotland?

Port day - plenty opportunity on the ship's decks for solitude and quiet

Don't be a PortPartyPooper! LOL !:loudcry:

Yes, there is isn't there?

NCL do not a bad job indeed of putting out the red carpet to welcome their "residents" home.

Honestly?? It isn't particularly my thing either but goodness what harm is it doing? I think NCL do a great "welcome home" - freshen up hand towels, smiling faces, - after a day at a busy port that welcome really does make you feel like you are "coming home".

Ports by default are "noisy" - sitting on your balcony in an industrial port is hardly picturesque - (said complainer was in Cozumel I think?)

I actually do cruise Celebrity as well as NCL - and you know what? X is slipping - their welcome home is a very poor effort compared to what is used to be, Iced towels is about all they do now. NCL have a gazebo with chairs, and yes also iced towels - anti bac spray - and smiling faces....

SO what if some kids are on stilts, dancing to music and having fun - And one would assume entertainment staff who work there are paid - and those who are joining in are perhaps grabbing any fresh air there they can!

No harm for me! Maybe you should read the post you quoted? I said that it doesn't really bother me.

Do I think that it's silly? YES!

Is it a problem for me? NO!

It's a good thing that people are different and I have no problem with that you don't agree with me but please, read the post you are quoating!

And one would assume entertainment staff who work there are paid - and those who are joining in are perhaps grabbing any fresh air there they can!

I didn't knew that it was only entertainment staff, I thought that it could be anyone not busy with their ordinary work.

Entertainment staff are paid to entertain so I assume that they have that part in their contract, I just didn't knew that all are entertainment staff.

No harm for me! Maybe you should read the post you quoted? I said that it doesn't really bother me.

Do I think that it's silly? YES!

Is it a problem for me? NO!

It's a good thing that people are different and I have no problem with that you don't agree with me but please, read the post you are quoating!

Sorry - think our English is being misconstrued here - I was answering your "pop" at me with another -

I get your point and my apologies for mis-quoting :*

I didn't knew that it was only entertainment staff, I thought that it could be anyone not busy with their ordinary work.

Entertainment staff are paid to entertain so I assume that they have that part in their contract, I just didn't knew that all are entertainment staff.

Actually sometimes I see chefs, cabin stewards and/or laundry staff - and do feel for them as I am pretty sure they are honestly grabbing an opportunity to be out on the pier in the fresh air..

Some go months on end with no port leave....

Sorry - think our English is being misconstrued here - I was answering your "pop" at me with another -

I get your point and my apologies for mis-quoting :*

When I first quoted you, I agreed with you! I agreed that the lady on the other ship overreacted when she complained.

I apologize to you if my bad skills in English made me missunderstand you. :(

Actually sometimes I see chefs, cabin stewards and/or laundry staff - and do feel for them as I am pretty sure they are honestly grabbing an opportunity to be out on the pier in the fresh air..

Some go months on end with no port leave....

I do think that there are places they are allowed to go to outside when they are not working so some fresh air really can't be a problem for people working on a cruiseship, I hope.