Drinks Package Calculator for Drinkers..(With excel attachment)

Reedweaver

The trouble with drinks calculators imo is that they don’t always reflect what you actually do. You don’t drink exactly the same each day, and normally people don’t get drunk for 14x days in a row. (Not usually anyway)

I have had a very quick go at what I have found useful for working out if a drinks package is for me.

You basically type in the yellow boxes how many drinks you have on boozy days, less boozy days and alcohol free days.

I have found it much more useful and easy to use than the calculators on here. See what you think?

Do these prices include the gratuity?

Do these prices include gratuity? Also see where you can order beer 5 for 4 sent to your cabin. Has anyone done this and taken them to pool with you? Also thought you can't carry on water or soda anymore...does anyone know if still allowed on Caribbean Princess? Thanks for the info!

The 37.5cl bottles of white Bacardi rum were 17 or 18$ USD iirc. I was generous with my doctoring of the mocktails and had a hard time finishing my second bottle, but then again I only had 3-4 drinks a day.

Just bring a small flask and fill it up before leaving your cabin. Please be advised though that I'm not completely sure this is legit, I'm always very discrete about it and have never gotten into any trouble.

So you can buy a bottle of rum on board for consumption on board? Where do you order that on the site?

So you can buy a bottle of rum on board for consumption on board? Where do you order that on the site?

Manage my booking>Onboard Reservations>Princess Cellars

Then scroll down past all of the wines

Although, I believe, that you can also order on board - I haven't actually tried this.

Do these prices include gratuity? Also see where you can order beer 5 for 4 sent to your cabin. Has anyone done this and taken them to pool with you? Also thought you can't carry on water or soda anymore...does anyone know if still allowed on Caribbean Princess? Thanks for the info!

No need to carry beer to pool. Five for price of four is available at pool bar. Also soda and water....you can bring on as much as you can carry. And you can replenish supplies when in port.

No need to carry beer to pool. Five for price of four is available at pool bar. Also soda and water....you can bring on as much as you can carry. And you can replenish supplies when in port.

I've read on other threads that some bar tenders are insisting on opening all the bottles at the time of purchase claiming its Princess policy. Not sure how common that is though.

I've read on other threads that some bar tenders are insisting on opening all the bottles at the time of purchase claiming its Princess policy. Not sure how common that is though.

No the opening of bottles/cans was during the BOGO$1 Happy Hour. Or at least that was our experience. At the pools the did not open them and actually let you exchange if they got warm (if ice melted in bucket) for a colder one.

Manage my booking>Onboard Reservations>Princess Cellars

Then scroll down past all of the wines

Although, I believe, that you can also order on board - I haven't actually tried this.

Thanks for the info! I just looked and the only rum they have is a coconut rum. Maybe that will change. So if I wait until on board to order a bottle of rum I can drink it in my room and I can bring my own mixer on board either soda or water with no issues. Good to know! I didn't know if on the 5 for 4 buckets if you can order this only or if you had to have the PBP also. I just drink beer and not that much but would spread it out over a couple of days so was thinking they would not be open if delivered to our room and if I had a few extra could take to the pool. Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info! I just looked and the only rum they have is a coconut rum. Maybe that will change. So if I wait until on board to order a bottle of rum I can drink it in my room and I can bring my own mixer on board either soda or water with no issues. Good to know! I didn't know if on the 5 for 4 buckets if you can order this only or if you had to have the PBP also. I just drink beer and not that much but would spread it out over a couple of days so was thinking they would not be open if delivered to our room and if I had a few extra could take to the pool. Thanks for the info!

Have never seen any rum besides coconut rum. But then again I don’t drink rum so not high on my list to check. As for beer...no beverage package. We never buy beverage package and get beer frequently. Liquor purchased through room service and mixed with your own mixers is supposed to be drunk in your room only.....😄

Can someone please clarify:

1.Has the attachment been changed since original post ?

2.Does not include gratuities in package price or individual drinks - so should be a wash for comparison purpose.

3. Do individual drink prices reflect current Princess prices - I think they do.

Thanks for all the work to OP

Get wine at Vines. Much better than the "by the glass" wines in MDR. You can also buy better wine in MDR with the AIBP. Any wine under $100 can be purchased with a 40% discount. That bottle can be shared with anybody you like and if you don't finish the bottle the staff will store it for you and bring it out the next time you want wine.

Agree 100%. Vines has very good red and white wines. Only one was over the $12.00 max of the premium beverage package. My favorite was the Silverado Cabernet with the Vall Llach Embruix a close 2nd place. ;pBoth included with the PBP.

• 2 weeks later...
Have never seen any rum besides coconut rum. But then again I don’t drink rum so not high on my list to check. As for beer...no beverage package. We never buy beverage package and get beer frequently. Liquor purchased through room service and mixed with your own mixers is supposed to be drunk in your room only.....😄

On my Cruise Itinerary I can pre-order Bacardi White Rum as well as Cruzan Coconut. This is for a cruise on Sapphire out of the UK.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Agree 100%. Vines has very good red and white wines. Only one was over the $12.00 max of the premium beverage package. My favorite was the Silverado Cabernet with the Vall Llach Embruix a close 2nd place. ;pBoth included with the PBP.

Thank you - do you happen to remember whether there was a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc available with the PBP?