"LIVE" - Aloha, Radiance of the Seas May 5, 2017 Honolulu to Vancouver

Welcome to boarding day!! Can't wait to follow along and see what you have planned for the other islands. I absolutely love Hawaii and this will get me excited for our trip to Maui/Kauai in August. No cruise for me this summer, but it's not like 11 days in Hawaii is a bad alternative. ;p

Boarding day is always exciting. Hopefully we are not heading to the pier too early (11am) as they are inspecting the ship.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. Looks like you are already having a blast.

We have had a wonderful time here on Oahu but are ready to see the other islands now. :)

Once we arrived in Honolulu and collected our luggage our ride with Go808express was already here and quickly drove us to our hotel, Hale Koa.

This place is great for retired and active military. We have an ocean view room for about $130 a night. That is one of the reasons we extended our stay to 5 nights.

It was grey and wet when we arrived but it is Hawai'i so who cares.

e1159f553a5b894ff0f9b5728ad08966.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Great review so far. We are about to get off of the Radiance in about an hour. :( We will also be staying at the Hale Koa for 5 days, but our rate is 150.00 a night and it might just be for a partial ocean view. I dont remember which, but it's a great hotel and in a perfect place. We are in room 1578 so for whoever has this room you will love Edwin the room steward. He is great. Hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Great review so far. We are about to get off of the Radiance in about an hour. :( We will also be staying at the Hale Koa for 5 days, but our rate is 150.00 a night and it might just be for a partial ocean view. I dont remember which, but it's a great hotel and in a perfect place. We are in room 1578 so for whoever has this room you will love Edwin the room steward. He is great. Hope you have a great cruise.

Yes, the rates vary depending on rank. It's one time were retiring E-6 has an advantage. :D

Once we arrived in Honolulu and collected our luggage our ride with Go808express was already here and quickly drove us to our hotel, Hale Koa.

This place is great for retired and active military. We have an ocean view room for about $130 a night. That is one of the reasons we extended our stay to 5 nights.

It was grey and wet when we arrived but it is Hawai'i so who cares.

e1159f553a5b894ff0f9b5728ad08966.jpg

Yes, the rates vary depending on rank. It's one time were retiring E-6 has an advantage. :D

:D And the disadvantage of retiring as an 0-6. Either way I definitely won't complain. We always stay here when in Oahu.

Boarding day is always exciting. Hopefully we are not heading to the pier too early (11am) as they are inspecting the ship.

We have had a wonderful time here on Oahu but are ready to see the other islands now. :)

Bon Voyage Bill and Marie.....thanks for taking us along. :)

Can you please email me when it's convenient. I have some info to share about Ovation.

suek 46 at hotmail dot com

Bon Voyage Bill and Marie.....thanks for taking us along. :)

Can you please email me when it's convenient. I have some info to share about Ovation.

suek 46 at hotmail dot com

Ok I sent an email

We arrived at the port. Our shuttle from Go808express was right on time. We dropped off the luggage and are now waiting in the security line. Thankfully indoor and air conditioned.

d4f3bde37f0dc5bfabbcb65e4f852fef.jpg

Still on board. :') What time does boarding begin? They just called number 24 and it goes to 30 with a very long line. Hope the oncoming pax aren't delayed getting on.

I imagine they will not start the security line moving any earlier than noon. That is about when they started last year.

I imagine they will not start the security line moving any earlier than noon. That is about when they started last year.

They do this same immigration drill every year. [emoji14]