What is the latest time i need to get off Adventure of the seas

We are on the May 13th-20th Sailing, but our flight does not leave San Juan till 2:30 pm. Our plan was to get up, eat a relaxed breakfast at Windjammer then head and drop off our luggage at Barrachina, walk around Old San Juan for a couple hours and then head to airport around Noon. But ...... I wonder if we feel really lazy on that morning, what is the absolute latest we can leave the ship?

You will also need to be out of your cabin earlier than that, on Harmony in January I think 8AM was the latest anybody could still be in their rooms, and they were doing their best to get everybody out earlier than that. Kinda hard to be lazy on the last day, at least on board the ship.

Ok, so thats not too bad. Maybe we will just sleep in till 8ish, then head off and drop our luggage off at 9 then explore. Is 2 hours before flight enough time for San Juan Airport?

Ok, so thats not too bad. Maybe we will just sleep in till 8ish, then head off and drop our luggage off at 9 then explore. Is 2 hours before flight enough time for San Juan Airport?

Should be.

You will be asked to be OUT of the cabin by 8am...and they want you off the ship by 10am. Breakfast is much earlier on the last day than you've become accustomed to! They simply want you gone!

Plan on getting up earlier than 8am!!!

We just got off the Adventure on Saturday :(

We had a great time though...and my kids are missing our waiter.

If I remember right the last time that was set for deboarding was 10am...at 11am they had a meeting for all those who were staying onboard for the next cruise.

We actually opted to do the Old/New San Juan tour and enjoyed it - although we wish we'd gotten food in town instead of waiting until we got to the airport.

The agriculture screening at the airport wasn't that bad when we went through about noon - I just HIGHLY recommend that you check your boarding pass before going through security. We waited in that long line and then realized when we got the boarding pass back out to board the plane that we actually randomly got TSA prescreen or whatever it is so we could have gone through the MUCH shorter security line

Here is the departure schedule for the March 29 sailing of the adventure. If this is not legible, the last departure time for independent guests was scheduled for 10:45.786350585c694c3dd48e2ba45206a3ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Adventure on Saturday :(

We had a great time though...and my kids are missing our waiter.

If I remember right the last time that was set for deboarding was 10am...at 11am they had a meeting for all those who were staying onboard for the next cruise.

We actually opted to do the Old/New San Juan tour and enjoyed it - although we wish we'd gotten food in town instead of waiting until we got to the airport.

The agriculture screening at the airport wasn't that bad when we went through about noon - I just HIGHLY recommend that you check your boarding pass before going through security. We waited in that long line and then realized when we got the boarding pass back out to board the plane that we actually randomly got TSA prescreen or whatever it is so we could have gone through the MUCH shorter security line

Did they rush you through the Old/New San Juan tour or was there time to explore? We were thinking about either doing this or the bacardi distillery tour, but have heard a lot of bad reviews about the distillery tour and that it was kind of a waste of time

We are on the May 13th-20th Sailing, but our flight does not leave San Juan till 2:30 pm. Our plan was to get up, eat a relaxed breakfast at Windjammer then head and drop off our luggage at Barrachina, walk around Old San Juan for a couple hours and then head to airport around Noon. But ...... I wonder if we feel really lazy on that morning, what is the absolute latest we can leave the ship?

Our flight wasn't until 4 or 5 something when we cruised in January. We just found different public areas that we just hung out in until we got kicked out of each one, lol. We ended up having to leave around 10 or so. That was better than our time of 8 something!

I would go with your original plan of dropping luggage at Barrachina. I did that before - they take tips so I gave the guy $5. I then took all the time I wanted exploring Old San Juan - then headed back to Barrachina for one of their yummy Pina Coladas and lunch. The taxi stand is right next to their to get a ride to the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

despite notices that you can stay in your room until __ oclock, they start banging on your door much earlier than that - 1) steward - oh, just checking to see that you are here; 2) mini-bar - just checking to see that you still have two water bottles, etc.

they want you out of the rooms asap and will make it as unpleasant as possible, in my recent experience coming off the Jewel.

Did they rush you through the Old/New San Juan tour or was there time to explore? We were thinking about either doing this or the bacardi distillery tour, but have heard a lot of bad reviews about the distillery tour and that it was kind of a waste of time

We did the Bacardi tour to kill some time (and so that they would take care of our luggage and we did not have to drag it around with us for the day til our flight went). We wanted to do the rainforest tour but they would not let us book it because they said it would be too tight to get our flight). The Bacardi trip was OK, but I would not recommend it to someone. A little interesting, but not worth it. I would recommend going into Old San Juan, parking luggage at Barrachina's, having a couple of drinks and wandering Old San Juan before going back to the airport.

The only extra step added when flying out of Puerto Rico is an agriculture inspection, which takes like 5-10 minutes. 2 hours should be plenty of time to handle that and standard security.

I didn't know about the agriculture inspection and didn't do it. At the gate my brother asked where my sticker was. He pointed out the stickers on everyone else's carry-on luggage. I wonder where I was supposed to get stopped and sent back to the inspection?

I didn't know about the agriculture inspection and didn't do it. At the gate my brother asked where my sticker was. He pointed out the stickers on everyone else's carry-on luggage. I wonder where I was supposed to get stopped and sent back to the inspection?

You were fortunate, they could have caught it at security or at the gate.

Decided we are going to drop off at Barrachina and walk around, sounds like the least stressful option and will allow me to try one of their Pina Colada's. We are going to do Bacardi, but do the mixology tour before the cruise instead, not going to waste my time on the regular tour. Thanks everyone for the input and recommendations.