West Quay Parking

Krissyboi

Hi Guys

I am driving down to Southampton from Scotland and it was our first time last year doing the drive.

I want to know has anyone had any dealings with parking at West Quay the night before. We are booked into CPS and are staying overnight so I'm looking for somewhere to leave the car overnight before we book it in and saw that the West Quay offers 24hrs for £5.

Just wondering if it's safe enough or if anyone had any issues?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Kris ;p

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Hi Guys

I am driving down to Southampton from Scotland and it was our first time last year doing the drive.

I want to know has anyone had any dealings with parking at West Quay the night before. We are booked into CPS and are staying overnight so I'm looking for somewhere to leave the car overnight before we book it in and saw that the West Quay offers 24hrs for £5.

Just wondering if it's safe enough or if anyone had any issues?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Kris ;p

Hi Kris

We park at West Quay Shopping Centre when we stay at the Premier Inn next door. We have never had any issues. Being a secure multi-storey car park there are security onsite 24 hours a day. I'd highly recommend parking here.

I hope that helps.

Eddie

We stayed overnight there for a ship visit last year and had no issues at all. It felt very safe and it closed overnight too.

We stayed in the West Quay Premier Inn and it is literally next door [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We too have parked our car there but I have to say that we do take all of our luggage with us to the Premier Inn.

It's a bit of a nuisance but it just isn't worth the risk of leaving it in the car IMO.

Fantastic that's great I'm glad it's positive experiences all round although i would just have a hand luggage bag for a change of clothes. Why would you take your full luggage unless you needed to outta curiosity?

Thanks

Kris ;p

We too have parked our car there but I have to say that we do take all of our luggage with us to the Premier Inn.

It's a bit of a nuisance but it just isn't worth the risk of leaving it in the car IMO.

We also park up for the night when staying here and have had no problems either.

As for dropping the luggage off ,once on Harbour Parade we turn left after passing Carnival uk building as though you are going into the Multi storey but on the mini roundabout turn right into Premier Inn drop off Zone.

You are now at the back of the building where you can off load luggage stress free whilst checking in.

A lot of people Turn onto Harbour Parade, see the premier Inn , so then try parking at the front entrance and probably stress out unloading on a busy road.

Place to unload is here ;)

Fantastic that's great I'm glad it's positive experiences all round although i would just have a hand luggage bag for a change of clothes. Why would you take your full luggage unless you needed to outta curiosity?

Thanks

Kris ;p

I think most of us would not feel comfortable leaving our luggage and valuables in a car anywhere overnight. Why take the risk? I don't even feel entirely comfortable leaving the car unattended with everything in it during the day, if having to kill time before our embarkation slot, let alone overnight.

I think most of us would not feel comfortable leaving our luggage and valuables in a car anywhere overnight. Why take the risk? I don't even feel entirely comfortable leaving the car unattended with everything in it during the day, if having to kill time before our embarkation slot, let alone overnight.

I understand what you mean and we always take our luggage into the Hotel, but alternatively you could do what my wife does - pack so much into the case that thieves would need a fork-lift truck to shift it.

I always try to park with my boot against a wall. It's not foolproof but may deter a casual thief.

• Like 1

I'm the same Selbourne! We left the car in West Quay for an hour while we had a look round last year when we had a late embarkation (but hadn't stayed overnight!) We ended up going to the terminal early anyway because I was nervous about the luggage in the car :D Plus how busy it was that day and people banging into my handbag with all my tickets and passports in!

I understand what you mean and we always take our luggage into the Hotel, but alternatively you could do what my wife does - pack so much into the case that thieves would need a fork-lift truck to shift it.

I always try to park with my boot against a wall. It's not foolproof but may deter a casual thief.

Love it :'):')

• Like 1

If your at the PI you can park up while you unload your bag then just pop the car next door.

Its soo easy.

We left ours there for 2 nights and had no issues.

We always take everything into the hotel though. We keep a separate bag of bits - i.e. nearly finished toothpaste so we dont have to dig about too much into our luggage. We then just leave any dirty stuff in the boot when we go away.

• 6 months later...

We have used it overnight about three times now and never had a problem and as others have said

your car is locked in overnight, just make sure like any other car park you remove any thing of value and out of sight.

As I put in my last post , go to the back of the Premier Inn and you're facing the entrance and exit.

PREMIER INN UNLOAD AND CAR PARK

Have a good cruise :)

Hi guys only me again, just looking at the West Quay multistorey parking. It says it isn't designed for overnight parking and 6 hours max. Am I reading it right online? I'm parking in Southampton tomorrow so was just double checking and now a bit concerned!

Their website says that overnight parking is not allowed -

http://www.westquayretail.com/parking.html

"Overnight parking is prohibited and those doing so will run the risk of a penalty charge. Vehicles left overnight are at serious risk of theft or damage."

Their website says that overnight parking is not allowed -

http://www.westquayretail.com/parking.html

"Overnight parking is prohibited and those doing so will run the risk of a penalty charge. Vehicles left overnight are at serious risk of theft or damage."

The above post is misleading, as it refers to West Quay Retail Park, which is NOT the same as West Quay Shopping Centre. It IS possible to park overnight at the Multi Storey car park at West Quay Shopping Centre. Although the car park is technically not open 24hours for entry and exit, it is possible to park overnight. See correct link below

https://www.west-quay.co.uk/visitor-info/parking

• 1 year later...

Hello

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I was just wondering if anyone has parked here for the duration of their cruise. We are going on a 7 night cruise and would like to park in the West Quay Multi-Storey, are you only able to park here overnight for £5 a day if you are a Premier Inn or is this open to all?

We were there 2 weeks ago and stayed in the Premier Inn and used the adjacent West Quay car park, as said £5 for overnight stay. However the Premier Inn drop off was unavailable due to building work going on.

The £5 applies to anybody, not just Premier Inn, however I think the charge is for up to 23 hours max, which would seem to preclude long term parking. I should imagine if long term parking was permitted at that price it would be full of cruiser's cars to the exclusion of everyone else

• 2 months later...

We stayed at the PI for two nights earlier this month. £5 a night parking. We couldn't find anything to say not to park long term e.g. 14 days, but I am sure there must be!

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, weylady said:

hi to all apologies to drag this up again, is this a viable place to park for a 10 night cruise we go December 2022. do you pay on arrival or when you leave. Anybody experience any damage to their vehicle. TIA

Hi not a problem :classic_smile: We have parked overnight several times overnight without damage 

and you pay on exit .Our friend @grapau27 has left his car for longer periods and I 

hope he comes along to tell you more about it :classic_love:

I am not sure if it is  closed at night as it states on their website open 24hrs if so West Quay multi storey car park is open to anyone, parking their car or up to no good and with no security 24/7 it is not somewhere I would be happy to park my car. Just to save a few quid I would rather use Parking4Cruises and know that it is parked in a secure car park with security and the knowledge that my car is at the terminal for my disembarkation without having to worry about getting to West Quay.

Edited by majortom10

18 hours ago, weylady said:

hi to all apologies to drag this up again, is this a viable place to park for a 10 night cruise we go December 2022. do you pay on arrival or when you leave. Anybody experience any damage to their vehicle. TIA

I always use the cruise parking option