Price drops before final payment is due but cruise was paid in full

My daughter and her husband are going on the Oasis in July with another couple. The other couple has never cruised and paid for the cruise in full when they booked it. Final payment is due May 9th. The price for their cabin has dropped $150 and there is also a $200 onboard credit available with this WOW sale.

They were told they can't take advantage of the price drops because it is paid in full. I don't believe this. If this is true I suggested they cancel and rebook and only pay their deposit in case the price drops again. Were they given wrong information or is this the policy?

My daughter and her husband are going on the Oasis in July with another couple. The other couple has never cruised and paid for the cruise in full when they booked it. Final payment is due May 9th. The price for their cabin has dropped $150 and there is also a $200 onboard credit available with this WOW sale.

They were told they can't take advantage of the price drops because it is paid in full. I don't believe this. If this is true I suggested they cancel and rebook and only pay their deposit in case the price drops again. Were they given wrong information or is this the policy?

If they booked under US/Canadian rules, they can get a pric drop until final payment date, even if they have paid off the cruise. The company should give them a refund to their credit card.

It's the date final payment is due.....not the date you decide to make final payment.....

Who is the "they" that gave them the incorrect information? "They" are incorrect !

It's the date final payment is due.....not the date you decide to make final payment.....

Who is the "they" that gave them the incorrect information? "They" are incorrect !

He called RCCL to get the price drop and was told he couldn't because it was paid in full.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He called RCCL to get the price drop and was told he couldn't because it was paid in full.

Call back.

My mom paid for her cruise in full 6 months before final payment and I have called and got ton her 2 price drops. The difference has been refunded to the credit card she used to pay for the trip.

My guess is the agent just saw that the cruise was paid in full and assumed that it was after final paymemt and did not check the dates.

If the cruise is in july 2017 you are past the final payment date. Final payment is 90 days before the cruise.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

If the cruise is in july 2017 you are past the final payment date. Final payment is 90 days before the cruise.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Unless they booked before the date when 75 days became 90 days.

Final payment is due May 10th. He is going to call again today. Thank you all for confirming what I thought was correct.

Please report back, very curious what they say.

My Oasis cruise was paid in full before final payment date. I called the day before final payment was due and got a $500 OBC . They gave me the option of putting it back on my card i paid with or OBC i chose the credit because i knew we would use it.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

We figured out what happened. My daughter used a next cruise booking that I booked over a year ago. Her friends booked their cruise and apparently you do have to make final payment sooner than what was required in the last. Their final payment was due April 24 while my daughters is due May 9th. Thank you all for helping.

We figured out what happened. My daughter used a next cruise booking that I booked over a year ago. Her friends booked their cruise and apparently you do have to make final payment sooner than what was required in the last. Their final payment was due April 24 while my daughters is due May 9th. Thank you all for helping.

Thanks for letting us know what happened

Our next cruise's final payment was due May 30th, 2017, but I took advantage of the low $ rate and paid it in full 2 months ago.

Last week the price dropped 245$. Called my TA, who in turn called RC, and I've got the difference credited to my CC after 3 days.

Doing the happy dance, since this cruise was selling very well until now :D