Specialty Restaurant Dining Package on NCL?

Oxo

Hello: We have not cruised NCL in many years and decided to try the Escape in the Fall. We are not familiar with the Specialty Restaurant (SR) Dining Package and how it is used on NCL.

We would like to try the SR package, but only want 2 meals each. May we buy one 4 meal package and use it in 2 of the SRs?

We don't want to each buy a package because that would be too much cost and we would not go to the SRs 3 or 4 times on a 7 day cruise.

Thank you all for your help in answering this question.

Choose the SDP as one of your "perks." That gets you up to 3 meals (for the first 2 guests in each cabin) whenever you'd like on the cruise. You only pay the gratuities, which amounts to a little over $20 per person. You can then eat once, twice, or three times in a specialty restaurant. Just once will put you "ahead" in terms of cost, and if you don't want to use the third meal, that's fine, too.

No, the dining package only goes to the one person and you can not transfer it to others. You would either both have to purchase a 3 day package or pay the fixed or a la carte prices, based on which restaurants you choose.

CAN I BUY DINNER FOR MY FRIENDS WITH A SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE?

Specialty Dining Packages are for personal consumption. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will incur in regular cover charges for their consumption.

Glad you also asked this question. I did, too. What difference does it make since you paid for 4 meals and who eats the meals, 1 person or 2. Enjoy the Escape.
Because they lose money if you share a dining package, besides their ship, their rules.

Because they lose money if you share a dining package, besides their ship, their rules.

You again? You have a tendency to repeat yourself. How do they lose money? Four meals is 4 meals. I am sure if you wanted this deal you would not say: 'their ship, their rules.' LOL

You again? You have a tendency to repeat yourself. How do they lose money? Four meals is 4 meals. I am sure if you wanted this deal you would not say: 'their ship, their rules.' LOL
You seem to repeat your self as well; folks explained this to you when you asked this question before.

If one person purchases a 4 package deal at $84 and the other doesn't purchase the same package, the cruise line loses that $84 purchase for the other person.

OR

If the package is split between two passengers, the 4 meal SDP cost $20 per meal, NCL would be losing the difference from the $20 and the fixed price of a restaurant or the a la carte prices if the other person didn't have the package, which are both higher priced than the package.

I only eat in specialty restaurants and have purchased the SDP for the entire lengths of my cruises, since they have been offered, and if it is a perk where it is for only 3 or 4 meals, I purchase the rest of the days with a SDP, but then again I understand "their ship, their rules" and don't try to skirt around the rules.

CAN I BUY DINNER FOR MY FRIENDS WITH A SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE?

Specialty Dining Packages are for personal consumption. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will incur in regular cover charges for their consumption.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Well, cause it's relatively simple. They want to encourage specialty dining so the more specialty meals you purchase the cheaper it is per meal. So 7 meals will have a lower per meal cost than 4 meals. If they allowed this to be a shareable meal voucher package then a group of 10 could buy the package and just eat at the specialty once. That's not what they are trying to encourage.

It's not so much rules are rules like the 'no getting drinks for your friend with the ubp' argument. Don't see there's anyway to 'break' this rule. If 2 show up for dinner just they won't charge both meals to one person. You'll have to each get charged and each have your own SDP if you want to use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You seem to repeat your self as well; folks explained this to you when you asked this question before.

I didn't ask the question this time. I responded to the other person who also asked the question.

Lets do each other a favor. I won't respond to your postings and be kind enough to refrain from responding to mine.

I didn't ask the question this time. I responded to the other person who also asked the question.

Lets do each other a favor. I won't respond to your postings and be kind enough to refrain from responding to mine.

Since you said: What difference does it make since you paid for 4 meals and who eats the meals, 1 person or 2.

I just respond why you can't, which others explained to you before.

I'll agree not to respond to you on this subject, if you do the same.

Since you said: What difference does it make since you paid for 4 meals and who eats the meals, 1 person or 2.

It's simple math, really, if packages could be shared, no one is going to pay $30 - $50 when they can pay $21.

OK!!!!!

Simple stuff folks.

They have priced things for a reason.

In the BIG PICTURE they know sometimes people will not even use all the purchased dinners. That is build into the price.

In the BIG PICTURE they will get more folks buying the 4 meals each vs buying one and splitting it.

This is the BIG PICTURE and what works for them.

Nobody has to buy it. Nobody has to even eat in the speciality restaurants - and many do not.

Not much different when a business offers 2 admissions for the price of one coupons. The people want to come as one person and pay half price. I have watched that argument too many times. Ugly.

It is just the way it is. Why is that so hard for people to understand.

Not much different when a business offers 2 admissions for the price of one coupons. The people want to come as one person and pay half price. I have watched that argument too many times. Ugly.

LOL.

I would tell the person wanting to pay 1/2 price for a solo that they have to wait for the next person who wants to pay 1/2 price to arrive. They can then pool their money together and pay full price and get the BOGO deal.