Recent Cruise Passenger - Please clarify Classic Bev Pkg

Fish Lover

I agree that if I did not have a classic drinks package already included in my fare or drank very little or no alcohol the non alcoholic package is the way to go. However, it does not make sense that cans of soda are not available in either classic (alcoholic and non alcoholic) package. I wonder if it is a question of profit margins. Imagine the same mark up on a can of coke as for wine ......

Cans are also no longer available in the classic non-alcoholic package?

We take the drinks package but my DH only drinks Diet Coke in a can and I prefer soda water, also in a can.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After reading all these posts, what if you don't drink soda and only want one or two drinks per day, is it still better to buy a package than to purchase outright?

No, it's not. I only drink socially, but somehow I get on a cruise and turn into a fish.

I get a package when it's offered has a perk and I upgrade because I like a variety. The price of the cruise fare is slightly higher when offered with perks. I actually get my money's worth.

So if you keep your drinks to two and don't mind the tap water, and the regular coffee Your better off just purchase outright.

By the way soda is bad for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry, I don't understand how a Classic Drink Package for someone who drinks mostly soda and an occasional alcoholic drink makes sense whether you are getting a can or not. At $55/day you would have to drink 14 sodas a day to breakeven versus paying as you go. Even if you get 2 alcoholic drinks ($9 each) and 8 sodas ($4 each) you still don't breakeven ($50 vs $55). What am I missing?

Classic Package is a freebie with my cabin (not a paid for perk).

No, it's not. I only drink socially, but somehow I get on a cruise and turn into a fish.

I get a package when it's offered has a perk and I upgrade because I like a variety. The price of the cruise fare is slightly higher when offered with perks. I actually get my money's worth.

So if you keep your drinks to two and don't mind the tap water, and the regular coffee Your better off just purchase outright.

btw...coffee, alcohol, chocolate, those muffins you have with your coffee...all bad for you. Don't care when on vacation.

Something no one has brought up is it isn't about the price of the can, it is the price of the real estate. Storage for all those cans has to eat up a ton of space. Cut down on the number of cans you serve frees up storage.

well... I guess they have to make room for all those extra footstools that everyone wants (but aren't entitled to)..... (my apologies, I couldn't resist.)

btw...coffee, alcohol, chocolate, those muffins you have with your coffee...all bad for you. Don't care when on vacation.

Coffee is actually good for you. The 18 cans of Diet Coke you want with your Classic Package? Not so much. And if it's free for you (as you stated), you have no right to complain about what form your soda is coming in. Sheesh.

Sorry don't have muffins or donuts with my coffee . I no longer have to work so everyday is a vacation. Coffee is not bad for you and neither is chocolate. Alcohol not that good for you , but soda especially made with corn syrup is.

My head is still swimming over which package to get. The Select alcohol package is advertised on their website but I can't select it for my cruise. I purchased the Classic based on the website stating the Southern Comfort was included in it but just read a trip review that posted pictures of a drink card with what was available on each package and it shows Southern Comfort is only available on the Premium package. :( We all know how good IT is with both X and RCCL. :o

Coffee is actually good for you. The 18 cans of Diet Coke you want with your Classic Package? Not so much. And if it's free for you (as you stated), you have no right to complain about what form your soda is coming in. Sheesh.

First, I have no idea where you are getting the idea that coffee is good for you. It can cause high blood pressure, heart palpitations, anxiety, nervousness, breast cysts, heart failure. headaches, incontinence, impaired hearing etc. Scientific fact and support by the likes f the Mayo Clinic.

Second, I do care where the soda is coming from. I do care about the value of the Classic Package as it factors into my assessment of overall value. I do care about how the soda is delivered, since there is a significant convenience issue. Furthermore, there is no reason for the change that can be legitimately defended.

You can have your own opinion, but I will thank you to not place judgment upon my opinion.

Sorry don't have muffins or donuts with my coffee . I no longer have to work so everyday is a vacation. Coffee is not bad for you and neither is chocolate. Alcohol not that good for you , but soda especially made with corn syrup is.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether soda is healthy or not. Everything you mentioned is bad for use, especially without moderation. That is irrelevant to the discussion.

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with whether soda is healthy or not. Everything you mentioned is bad for use, especially without moderation. That is irrelevant to the discussion.

Your right it has to do with beverage packages. I responded to a poster, and you blew my response out of proportion.

Then when I clarified, you went on a spin about and the MAYO clinic reports. Unbelievable.

I hope you get all the cans of soda your heart desires on this cruise.

What is included in the Classic Beverage package?

Wine, beer, liquor, liqueurs, cocktails, bottles of water, soda?

If yes, is there a limit on any of these?

All of those things are included, but a lower quality than the premium. It's Absolut vodka instead of Grey Goose, and yuengling instead of Blue Moon, generic water instead of Evian. You can still gets lots of things, just at a lower level.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The best source of information on the what is included and whether cans of soda is on that list would be Celebrity themselves and according to this current website link cans of soda are part of the Classic Beverage package. I have posted the actual drill down content from the Beverage Package information at https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard since on the current version of the somewhat dysfunctional Celebrity website you have to go the Beverage Package page and then scroll down and click on a Learn More button. When I looked at similar information when Celebrity first changed the beverage packages earlier this year I don't think cans were included so perhaps Celebrity has learned that excluding them as illogical (I can get a $9 alcoholic drink bit not a can of soda?) and ill advised (as the numerous post on Cruise Critic would attest to) and have made adjustments

Classic Package

$55 USD/per night*

Enjoy all the spirits listed in the Standard Package PLUS elevate your experience with the additional brands listed below. Includes beverages up to $9.

VODKA

• Absolut
  • Absolut Flavors
  • New Amsterdam
  • Russian Standard
  • Smirnoff
  • Stolichnaya
  • Stoli Flavors

GIN

• Beefeater
  • Bombay Original
  • Gordon’s

TEQUILA

• Cazadores Blanco
  • Cuervo Silver
  • Don Julio Blanco

WHISKEY (BOURBON, CANADIAN, IRISH, AND SCOTCH)

• Canadian Club
  • Dewar’s White Label
  • Famous Grouse
  • Jameson
  • Jim Beam
  • Johnnie Walker Red
  • Monkey Shoulder
  • Seagram’s 7
  • Seagram’s VO

RUM

• Bacardi & Flavors
  • Bacardi Oakheart Spiced
  • Captain Morgan
  • Kraken Black Spiced
  • Malibu Coconut
  • Myer’s Dark
  • Wray & Nephew

CORDIALS & COGNACS

• Campari
  • Cointreau
  • Galliano
  • Goldschlager
  • Hennessy VS
  • Kirsch
  • Kahlua
  • Licor 43
  • Martell VS
  • Novo Fogo
  • Ouzo
  • Pimms 1
  • Sambuca Romana
  • Southern Comfort
  • Tia Maria

BEERS

• Alaska Brewing (Alaska Sailngs)
  • Amstel Light
  • Boddington’s
  • Bud & Light
  • Coors Light
  • Corona & Light
  • Dos Equis
  • Franziskaner
  • Heineken & Light
  • Kirin & Light
  • Miller Lite
  • Moretti
  • Newcastle Ale
  • Pabst Blue Ribbon
  • Red Stripe
  • Sam Adams
  • Strongbow Cider

WINES

Enjoy a large selection of wines by the glass from around the world.

Examples include: California Chardonnay, Washington Merlot, Malbec from Argentina, and Rioja from Spain.

NON-ALCOHOLIC

• Can and fountain soda selections
  • Fresh and bottled juices
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Non-premium bottled water

Life is bad for you - you'll most certainly die :confused:

Drink Package descriptions depend on which path you take through the website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

First shows both cans and fountain sodas; Second shows only cans!

And you thought the website was stable now!

Came off Silhouette last week. Cans of soda were given out on classic alcohol and non alcohol packages. Also smoothies and juices included in aqua spa, whereas last fall they were not on Equinox. But that was before regime change. Now we also paid ca 1 $ plus grat difference for Aspen coffee or for Baileys. Doesn't make sense all that effort staff has to go thru and signing etc for 1$ 😕

No cans of soda on Classic Package anymore. If a ship is still doing it then it is an anomaly. By September I'm sure all ships will be implementing the new policy. Reports I've heard are one receives a fountain drink unless that flavor isn't available in which case they will open a can and pour you a glass. If you want a can you will pay full price. Celebrity, as of this moment, is allowing cans of soda to be brought on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just got off Silhouette in Amsterdam on August 11th and our group of 21 had the classic package and we had cans of diet coke, coke zero and coke a cola the entire 12 night cruise so perhaps we were on the lucky side.

We were on the Summit a couple of weeks ago and with the classic package received cans everywhere we ordered soda.

And we were on Reflection and it was only cans for Premium packages - seapass cards were checked. Either bottles of soda or part open cans were used on the Classic. Perhaps it's similar to the Top Grill: they are introducing it to one or two ships and will see how many complaints they receive? I'd put money on it reverting back to cans when the ship returns to the Caribbean. Let's wait and see ;).