Just off the Conquest today.

Irie

:)

Just came off a good 6 day on the Conquest.

Everything was good for the most part.

A little delayed getting off today because customs computers were down. We were intentionally among the last off....that was around. 11:15.

The ship was in great shape. Food was good.

Mostly ate in mdr, couple nights in the lido buffet.

Even though we r platinums we could not get anytime dining....but did get moved from 8:15 to 6 dinner, which was fine.

Speaking of platinum...which simply means we have spent too much cruising...I was baffled by Carnival's somewhat chaotic boarding procedure. My wife and I were in the front two seats in the first row...along with some other people.

When they suddenly announced we could board we were nearly run over by a bunch of faster to the fun people.

I know because I heard them talking beforehand.

How about a little order...row by row like

Royal does...instead of making boarding like survival of the fittest!

Anyway, they had the same two comics for all 6 days...they were okay but got old after 5 or 6 shows apiece.

Productions shows were ok. Saw Flick before and it is good.

Hasbro sponsored game show was lame as was the magician they had the last nite.

We had amazing weather...smooth seas.

For the second Carnival cruise in a row I had problems with balcony mates smoking marijuana.

Don't care for the smell.

And I wish people on balconys would learn everyone doesn't want to hear their music.

Overall we really did have a great 6 days.

Just pointing out some issues.

Service was great and both passengers and crew were friendly!

Speaking of platinum...which simply means we have spent too much cruising...I was baffled by Carnival's somewhat chaotic boarding procedure. My wife and I were in the front two seats in the first row...along with some other people.

When they suddenly announced we could board we were nearly run over by a bunch of faster to the fun people.

I know because I heard them talking beforehand.

How about a little order...row by row like

Royal does...instead of making boarding like survival of the fittest!

Hmm, odd. When I was on the Conquest last year and had FTTF, Diamonds, Platinums and Suite Guest had their own waiting room on the second level (I believe). So they weren't even near us when we were finally called to board. And they definitely boarded before us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the report on your Conquest cruise. We will sailing it early next year so the information is useful to us. As mentioned above, it's odd there seemed to be some chaos when the high loyalty guests were called to board since they (and suite guests) are supposed to go ahead of FTTF. I wonder if it's a FLL terminal specific situation you encountered??

Thank you again.

We were on her for the April 29th cruise. We had purchased FTTF but we were also staying in a suite. We were able to sit in the waiting room on the second floor and that was because we had a suite. If we only had FTTF we would not have been able to wait with the Diamonds and Platinums.

The ship and the staff were wonderful!

We sailed during Spring Break in an Ocean Suite. We had priority boarding and were ushered to the second floor to wait with Diamond, Platinum and FTTF. Boarding was called as follows: Diamond, Platinum, Suites, FTTF and all others. Embarking was easy peasy.

Food in the MDR was very hit and miss. Our servers were just put together our cruise, had 12 tables and dinners were very slow. They were nice but dinner shouldn't take almost 2 hours.

Dive-in movies were great as was the Rock show. Hasbo game show has become somewhat boring now to us.

The Ocean Suite was wonderful as was Grand Turk and Amber Cove.

Disembark was awful. Customs is a nightmare in FLL. 2 agents working the day we came in. Luckily we had a late flight. Used the Passport App and sailed through a very long line.

We loved the Conquest and would certainly sail her again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We were also on the April 29 cruise. We left from Terminal 19 but returned to Terminal 26. So your cruise was the first cruise from that Terminal since Splendor now gets Terminal 19 since she is bigger. They said Terminal 26 is smaller. Maybe they don't have a separate waiting room for the Platinum and Diamonds.

We were on the April 29th sailing and are Diamond and Platinum. After checking in, we were directed to the small waiting room on the first floor directly in back of the check-in desk. This area had FTTF cruisers, Platinum and Diamond. When boarding was called, everyone stampeded to the door. We were directed to another serpentine line and I held up my Diamond card and was directed to another line which was empty.

I looked upstairs and the cruisers on the second floor were boarding first. I don't know why we were directed to the room downstairs, perhaps the second floor waiting area was full.

Carnival needs to do a better job at embarkation, it was chaos.

On the April 1-9 Conquest sailing, only Diamonds were seated just outside the 2nd floor entry doors. Platinums were in the seats in the main 2nd floor section. We had to wait until nearly 12:45PM to board as there were delays in getting the previous cruisers off the ship.

There were about 10 of us Diamonds and we were the first to board. The Platinums behind us were actually held up until we all cleared the entrance areas.

Thanks to the OP for a realistic report!

I was on the Conquest in April and had a similar boarding situation where Diamonds, Platinum, and FTTF all boarded together -- and it seemed the FTTFs were mostly the ones who created the chaos by rushing to the doors to embark. Didn't ruin my experience at all; just confirming what OP mentioned. :)

Did you see or hear anything about the clue/ Who dunnit game aboard? I heard they give clues throughout the whole cruise. Any opinions?

I wouldn't really call it a clue. Each time they are supposed to give a clue they just eliminate one suspect, location, and weapon. We didn't play but the clue was usually given before a Bingo game. I saw one of the eliminations because the Bingo game was right before the evening show. I don't know how they chose the winner.