won't allow lateral transfer of credit!

Funksters2

I understand your frustration but it's not a matter of transferring the credit. It's a completely different sailing, so they need to cancel the 10/15 sailing and book the 10/4 sailing. It's not the same as if you want to change rooms or categories. It's a cancel and rebook because it's a different date.

For what it's worth, my brother and sister in law took this cruise a couple of years ago and they went at the time the foliage was supposed to be at it's peak, it wasn't. They talked to some of the locals and they said it was a strange year and the colors just weren't doing what they should be doing.

Try and enjoy your cruise anyway and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

FWIW...I've lived in New England all my life. Between my home in southern New England, a seasonal vacation home in Vermont and my best friend's house in Vermont, I have been all throughout New England pretty much every October of my life and here is what I can tell you. Foliage varies by year. Both in terms of "peak dates" and intensity. Annual rainfall, droughts, rain storms, wind storms and other variable all come into play. As does latitude. And perhaps most importantly, there is no pure definition of "peak". Each person's tastes differ. Personally, I prefer the view of colors that are often 10 days to two weeks later than what some of the weather folks on TV say is peak. Some people consider "peak" to be the burst of color before the leaves begin to fall from the trees. But to me, that time period is too early and results in there still being many, many green leaves still on the trees. For me, the real peak is when about 30% of the leaves have fallen off of the trees and the leaves that remain on the trees are still beautiful in color. The leaves on the ground are still beautiful and colorful. And the leaves that remain on the trees are also beautiful. Best of both worlds. So if I had my pick of days based on average dates of good color that I have seen over the years, coupled with the change of latitude that you experience with a cruise, "perfect" would be to depart Quebec around October 10 and arrive in NY around October 24. Some would consider that too late, but for me, it would be just right. Since your October 15 cruise departs NY on the 15th and arrives in Quebec on the 24th, I would say that you will have a fantastic foliage cruise from NY up to about Nova Scotia and then it will be a bit past peak once you go from Nova Scotia to Quebec. Were you to flip that around and depart Quebec on October 4, you would have a fantastic foliage cruise from Quebec to Boston, and then would be a bit early for the color between Boston and NY. In other words, there is no "perfect". Just great. And what you have booked should be "great". And if you change and go on the 4th out of Quebec, that too would be great.

One other thing. A few years back we did a Montreal to NYC fall foliage cruise. A few days before our cruise, there were torrential downpours and high winds in New England. By the time we started our cruise, most of the leaves were blown off the trees and on the ground wet. We had good weather but no leaves.

DON

IF you can do this, you may be able to get more deals. And be able to get a room upgrade for both the cruises. Back to backer is the only way that you'll be able to go on the one that you wish to go one.

A lot of time they will help you with finding very good deals.

And I know this cause well it's happened. And I get travel agent bonuses. Both myself and Daughter do. And then throw in the fact that we a re visually impaired/legally blind? OMG it's so much fun to pick on crew members as they lead us around the ship...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A couple of comments: why on earth would you be entitled to a cabin upgrade just because you did a B2B? You are more likely not to get one. And, again, why would they help you find good deals other then what everyone else gets.

Are you saying you are a travel agent and get discounts or are you saying your TA finds you good deals?

I don't get the visually impaired part of your, as you said, rant. Are you saying you forced crew members to help you see when you don't need it. How wonderful you seem to feel degrading crew members out to help those that actually need help. Yup, you're a keeper.

The further east you sail, the later the colours. Should be perfect in Sydney, NS. Mid October should still be great in Nova Scotia. Just remember you need to go inland to see our beautiful leaves.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just booked New England/Canada tour with TA. We booked 15 Oct which was cheaper. We put deposit down. Our TA neglected to tell us it was cheaper because that's the end of Fall Folliage! Thats why we were going!

When we did a NYC to Quebec City cruise starting September 23 and ending October 3.

Leaves had not started to turn color in the USA ports. In Quebec the colors were fantastic.

So on your cruise starting October 15 you will likely see great color in some USA ports and it may be past prime time in Canada.

They tend to hold you down to the booking that you have unless you have some sort of health emergency. And you have to have honest to god, freaking paper work. Otherwise your still going to have to pay for it all and or not get your money back.

Can I offer you a bit of advice?

This is something my daughter and I do from time to time. Do a back to backer. Do the cruse you scheduled and then see if you can go on the next one you wish to go on. But do so quickly. Payment is most likely due yesterday. And if you have a stateroom preference See if Princess will let you keep you same room that you were in for that next town about cruise.

My daughter and I were supposed to switch rooms once, and with a bit of typing mojo, they were able to keep us in the same room for the second bout.

IF you can do this, you may be able to get more deals. And be able to get a room upgrade for both the cruises. Back to backer is the only way that you'll be able to go on the one that you wish to go one. And hey? When you do some of the stuff you wish to do when your at port the first go around? At least you'll have the cruise ship to yourself (mostly) because most everyone will be off. And while everyone else is off the ship, you and yours can cause whatever chaos and fun at will and just good measured fun.

That's how we have to do so sometimes, to get to go to the port we want. So I guess in all of my ramble? That if you want to see what you wish? Do a back to back cruise. And have more relaxing time. A lot of time they will help you with finding very good deals.

And I know this cause well it's happened. And I get travel agent bonuses. Both myself and Daughter do. And then throw in the fact that we a re visually impaired/legally blind? OMG it's so much fun to pick on crew members as they lead us around the ship...

But I digress.

Hopefully you understand what I'm saying though.

And sorry for the super ramble. I have been told I also have a degree of talking and talking and talking, and rambling to bloody much.

Forgive me? But I hoped I helped? Sorry again. -goes poof cause I'm scared I offended"

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you are joking, it is a bad joke. If you are serious, you should not be allowed on any ships. I was going to be more blunt but my message might be removed by the moderator.

DON

We just booked New England/Canada tour with TA. We booked 15 Oct which was cheaper. We put deposit down. Our TA neglected to tell us it was cheaper because that's the end of Fall Folliage! Thats why we were going!

We have begged Princess to apply the deposit to the cruise THE WEEK BEFORE and they have REFUSED!!

We are not asking for a refund-- just to take the cruise 4 Oct!

Do we have any recourse? I am so upset that I'm want to cancel all together. PLEASE ADVISE

Here is what I don't understand about this thread: you booked with a TA and got what you felt was a great price. How is it the TAs responsibility to decide when you should go? I think this one is on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums