Carnival Magic Self Service Laundry

How much does it cost to do laundry wash/dry and the cost of the detergent?

I think I read somewhere that it is 3.25 for a load. I don't know how much the detergent is. I just bring my own pods.

I can't answer for the Magic but on our cruise on the Conquest in Feb of this year, the cost was $3 per washer or dryer. They took either coins on the machine or on the wall was a box to swipe your S&S card. Then you punched in the number of your washer or dryer. The soap and fabric softener was $1.

Unfortunately, the washers took forever to fill up. Apparently the screens in the hoses were plugged. I'm talking ten minutes to fill.

They are huge capacity so you can really put a lot in them.

And note, there is no place in the room to fold clothes. The room is probably only six feet deep. Washers and dryers and ironing board on one wall, just enough room to walk between them and back wall with a deep sink at the end of it. And as another posted, the dryers aren't the greatest either.

By the way, they were operational during a port stop. That's when I used them.

I thought I read somewhere the laundry machines are disabled while in port. Want to do laundry the morning of our B2B. Can anyone confirm one way or another?

Indeed the laundry is not usable in port, cannot process dirty water.

Anyone know if there's a laundry on Breeze? We're coming over from The UK and visiting other places first, for 10 days, so knowing we can do a wash when we get on board would save me from having to locate a laundry in Galveston

There is a laundry on the Breeze. All the ships have at least one.

Make sure there's no lanyard attached to the card when you put it in the machine, otherwise it times out.

Thank you, and a good tip. :)

• 5 years later...
On 5/29/2017 at 8:15 PM, lizzyplague said:

There is a laundry on the Breeze. All the ships have at least one.

Make sure there's no lanyard attached to the card when you put it in the machine, otherwise it times out.

That might have been true 2017, but is no longer the case. 

• Carnival Celebration, Carnival Jubilee and Mardi Gras do not have washers and dryers but have ironing rooms on several stateroom decks as well as Valet Laundry service.
  • Carnival Luminosa and Carnival Venezia do not have washers, dryers nor ironing rooms but do offer Valet Laundry service.

23 minutes ago, taco88 said:

That might have been true 2017, but is no longer the case. 

any reason why you posted in a thread from 2017. alot of information has changed in those 5 years as you posted. 

All of the ships you posted is built around 2019-2022 and it is now common to for these new builds not to have laundry rooms 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

any reason why you posted in a thread from 2017. alot of information has changed in those 5 years as you posted. 

All of the ships you posted is built around 2019-2022 and it is now common to for these new builds not to have laundry rooms 

Because people still search and read old posts to find the info they need, as I did.